PDA

View Full Version : sqeeze

gunnarman
07-20-2007, 18:35
i had 3 dives on sunday,then came down with a blinding headache. now on the fifth day i still have it. i've heard things from improper breathing to the sqeeze. has anyone had a sqeeze for this long. gonna see the doc next week, but might try any fixes that are suggested. and no im not droping a weight on my toe to make it go away.

thesmoothdome
07-20-2007, 18:42
Is the pain in a sinus cavity or is it a more all over headache? Are you light sensitive or nauseous? I've had squeezes and reverse squeezes before, but never one that I couldn't work out in the water or abort the dive because. Definately never had one lastout of the water. The reasons for the other questions are because my wife will get migraines that last days. Any chance you have one?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do play one on any forum. *</DIV>

gunnarman
07-20-2007, 18:50
its from temple to temple, no light sensitivity but sunday night i got sick. i've tried sinus relievers but no relief. worst part is my girl got frisky and when things got serious the headache worstened.

tc_rain
07-20-2007, 18:54
Improper breathing would result in a co2 build up but it wouldn't last that long. I would see a Dr.

thesmoothdome
07-20-2007, 18:56
I can sympathize. My wife used to have to go the emergency room every few months or so do get a shot of Demoral because the pain would be so bad. Usually her pain would be located in one section of her head and the light would totally kill her, but everyone gets migraines differently and unfortunately all they can do with active ones is give the patient pain medication until it goes away. Feel better!

przeor
07-21-2007, 04:27
I'd call DAN if you still have symptoms. They'll talk even if you aren' t a member, though I'd highly reccomend becoming one.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>http://diversalertnetwork.org/ (http://divers&#097;lertnetwork.org/)</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Vercingetorix
07-21-2007, 08:33
Are you hydrating enough? I ask, because after two or three dives in a day, I would get a nasty headache. I thought I mightnot be drinkingenough water. The last few dive days, I drank constantly. As soon as I finished a dive, two bottles of water down the gullet. I continued to drink right up until the next dive.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Result: no headache. I must have needed it, because I hardly urinated.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>In your case, for the pain to last that long, I'd see a doctor. It could be unrelated to diving.</DIV>

TommyB
07-21-2007, 09:39
i had 3 dives on sunday,then came down with a blinding headache. now on the fifth day i still have it. i've heard things from improper breathing to the sqeeze. has anyone had a sqeeze for this long. gonna see the doc next week, but might try any fixes that are suggested. and no im not droping a weight on my toe to make it go away.

You still have that headache?
You were the "big guy" in Nitrox class on Wed ??

If same guy, How come you have not gone to ER / DR. yet!

Tommy //

gunnarman
07-23-2007, 17:56
got a app. on thurs., its a bugger to get a app. with a ppo. last time i went to a er i had to pay for a year. i know my health is worth a mint, but im a tight wad and i can keep it calm till then.

cummings66
07-23-2007, 19:19
The thing is with diving and some of the injuries you can get, by waiting you can cause irreparable damage. If treated ASAP you can often fix it before it becomes debilitating.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>When it comes to something showing up right after a dive see the DOC right now because you may become a cripple or worse otherwise.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Not to say you have this, but is it worth the risk? If you got the headache during a normal day I'd say wait and see how it goes, but after several dives you NEED to see the doc right now.</DIV>