PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel Scuba Training

CLaFong
11-13-2007, 10:38
Has anyone used the facilities or done any training at Dimi Scuba Tours of Cozumel or Aqua Safari in Cozumel?

My wife and I will be in Cozumel this winter and she will be going to do her open water referral dives there.

I'm looking for a place where she can get her referral dives done preferably thru a SSI shop

Looking for opinions of different experiences down there on this subject

thanks in advance

CLaFong

CLaFong
11-14-2007, 14:30
Hi again

I think I'm being to picky or particular with my question

looking for opinions on dive shops in Cozumel

anything on this subject would be appreciated

tks

CompuDude
11-14-2007, 14:48
The shop that I've seen having the most consistent positive reviews is Blue XT SEA Diving (http://www.bluextseadiving.com/) . No personal experience, but they always seem to get glowing reviews on trip reports. I would contact them.

abcitydiver
11-16-2007, 11:18
I got certified by Staff Divers, on Cozumel..soup to nuts, it was a good experience, patient, safe...in depth. I didnt like "diving" with them, so switched to Blue Angle for rec diving, but Santos...at Staff was great as an instructor, and the OW's were well conducted.

fireflock
11-16-2007, 13:36
I have not used very many ops in Cozumel, so I can't say who is _the best_ but I can say that I would not hesitate to send my kids/friends/wife to BlueXTSea. I don't think they are SSI, but a referal should not be a problem.

Rich

EagleRay J
11-23-2007, 19:41
My wife and I both got our OW cert through Dive Paridise.They were great folks who were great to work with. We have another trip planned in December and are diving with them again.

Soonerwink
11-24-2007, 19:21
I did my AOW at Dive Palancar and thought they did a very good job.

CLaFong
02-13-2008, 10:09
WE ended up using Cozumel Dive Tours, They can certiy in SSI and were excellant

thanks for all suggestions