PDA

View Full Version : Aeris XR-1 Wrist Computer

Xtabay
11-13-2007, 12:43
I have a question about the Aeris XR-1 Wrist Computer I live in Cozumel Mexico and I know some computers need to have the battery changed by the manufacturer... which is very difficult to do from Mexico... So I need to know if the battery for this model can be changed by most scuba repair shops before I purchase this Item.

CaptainRon
11-13-2007, 13:47
I just got the XR-1 myself. The battery is user changable. It uses a common watch battery (CR2450). Also supposed to use a new o-ring that can be ordered from dealer.

I haven't had a change to dive with mine but have been told they are good computers.

Since you live in Cozumel, any recommendations on a good local place to eat? I will be there for one day (on a cruise) in January and will be doing a couple of dives with Dive with Cristina and would like to find a good place to eat near Caleta Marina afterwards.

Xtabay
11-13-2007, 14:02
Hi :) Thank you for the info! Near Caleta is not many resturants except a small shack right at the harbor that has pretty good local food (I like it)It does'nt look like much but all the sailors eat there.
I hope you enjoy your visit to Coz ..:)

quasimoto
11-13-2007, 15:29
I would suggest getting the kit that has the o-ring and such in it when you order. That way when you need to replace the battery you can also change the o-ring.
BTW, the XR-1 is a nice computer for the price.

CaptainRon
11-13-2007, 15:38
Hi :) Thank you for the info! Near Caleta is not many resturants except a small shack right at the harbor that has pretty good local food (I like it)It does'nt look like much but all the sailors eat there.
I hope you enjoy your visit to Coz ..:)

I will give it a try. Any recommendations on what is best on the menu?

Xtabay
11-13-2007, 15:49
Um no menu really... it is whatever the lady has prepared.. and usually tortas (sandwhiches) as well....it is usually mexican or yucatan mayan food.... if you are looking for a real restuarant ... the only one colse to Caleta is in Chankanb park but you have to pay to get in,,, or into town and there you will find many restuarants... many people like "La Mission"... any taxi driver can take you or the restuarant in cinco soles.

CaptainRon
11-14-2007, 17:38
Sound like my type of place. I always like to try what the locals eat.