PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers

ScubaJenn81
11-13-2007, 16:24
Anyone here doing Weight Watchers? I am looking for some good tips going forward into the holiday season. I know the basics, like eat before going to a party, watch the alcohol, and drink lots of water, but as this is my first time going though WW and having to go to lots of parties, I am open to any and all advice from people that have lived though it.

MSilvia
11-13-2007, 16:42
Avoid cheese platters like the plague. A few one inch cubes have as many points as a six pack of beer. IMHO they aren't worth it.

I'm not on the plan right now, but I lost over 30 lbs in 3 months when I was, and most of it has stayed off... at least it stayed off until I went on the "renovating a house diet" of pizza, subs, and beer.

lovesmexico615
11-13-2007, 16:59
I'm with Matt- The cheese (oh that tasty tasty cheese) is the devil!!! Also- watch out for mixed drinks- light beer is usually a better option- sometimes even a regular beer is a better option than a 15 point margarita.

I've lost 30lbs on WW so far. I found it easy to do, and if you get super busy the meals from WW and Lean Cuisine are fairly tasty in a pinch!

WaScubaDude
11-14-2007, 00:03
Anyone here doing Weight Watchers? I am looking for some good tips going forward into the holiday season. I know the basics, like eat before going to a party, watch the alcohol, and drink lots of water, but as this is my first time going though WW and having to go to lots of parties, I am open to any and all advice from people that have lived though it.

My wife just lost 17lbs on it. She has 2 more to go to target weight. She was very successful by REALLY staying with the plan. She also started exercising almost every day. She now rides her bike 13miles a day 4 days a week. I think as much exercise as your weight will allow is very important. 1) you burn cals. 2) you are away from food and focused on something else 3) you will be more quickly rewarded with weight loss and be encouraged to keep at it. 3) exercise will get easier and easier as you drop pounds. 4) you will develope a life long habit.

That said...Be honest with your self, Be good to yourself & really get that this is a process.

BobArnold8265
11-14-2007, 12:27
I'm not on WW but have been dieting for the past 6 months or so. It's never easy and when it comes right down to it, it's a simple matter of exercise and will power. If you're going to a party and have to munch, stay close to the carrot sticks !!!!

TxScubaBear
12-12-2007, 18:16
After doing AOW a few months ago and feeling like I looked like a Baby Shamu in a wetsuit, I started 5 weeks ago and have lost 8.3 so far...have a ways to go but it WORKS if you stick to it. I'm determined to give ST more of our $$$ in the spring for a Henderson hyperstretch suit- one a bit smaller than what I would wear now.
I've learned to avoid things like cheese and fast foods (most of them, some are actually good point-wise) and eat healthier, in fact I find myself actually craving more fruits now versus more chocolate and junk.