PDA

View Full Version : Washington

kenmendes
11-14-2007, 08:44
I am just curious about how many of the forum members are from Washongton State

CARDIVER
11-14-2007, 10:58
Probably not too many on here. You'll find a lot on NWDiveclub.com though.

kenmendes
11-14-2007, 11:44
I didn't think there would be many. I just love the ST forum though

turtle_guy
11-14-2007, 20:00
i am here and there

Zenagirl
11-15-2007, 07:46
I live in Washington, but don't dive locally. Warm water only for me.

CARDIVER
11-15-2007, 09:23
You are REALLY missing out on some of the best diving in the world, Zenagirl.

Zenagirl
11-16-2007, 07:50
Yeah, I know the diving here is amazing....seen enough pictures and heard enough stories to know that. However, I'm just not interested in the whole dry suit, 30+# of weight, 3' viz (on a good day), freezing face thing....not my cup of tea.

I'll stick to the tropics and subtropics enjoying the warm water and sunshine with minimal weights and gear. :D

CARDIVER
11-16-2007, 22:10
[quote=Zenagirl;92972]Yeah, I know the diving here is amazing....seen enough pictures and heard enough stories to know that. However, I'm just not interested in the whole dry suit, 30+# of weight, 3' viz (on a good day), freezing face thing....not my cup of tea.

I'll stick to the tropics and subtropics enjoying the warm water and sunshine with minimal weights and gear. :D[/quot

Hmmm. I wear 24# of weight and last Thursday night at Redondo the viz was 50 plus feet. You need to stop listening to stories from people who dive once or twice a year and come out with some of us who are in the water 50-100 times a year.:smiley31:

weking4
12-08-2007, 20:29
I have been dive in WA for 30 year know and and love the cold water and all that comes with it. Winter is the best time to dive and take picture.

WaScubaDude
12-08-2007, 21:32
One more from Wa. I live 4 minutes from Alki if you are experienced and want to dive, PM me and we can hook up.

WV Diver
12-09-2007, 08:15
LOL. I was born in Washington but have been here in WV for many years. I have done a few dives in the PNW at Edmonds Underwater Park in Seattle and I enjoyed it very much.

I see Zena's point. I have a dry suit and dive cold once in a while but as a general rule I love warm!! Warm water, warm places, and warm climates. I will dive in the cold and I think it is worth it for you to go at least a couple times Zena. You are depriving yourself of some spectacular sights. You can get through a couple dives just so you can say you've done it. I don't think you will regret it. I especially like seeing the different fauna of the Pacific. I mostly only see the Atlantic critters and it is a new and great experience to see the other side once in a while, cold or not.

Zenagirl
12-10-2007, 07:22
Thanks for the input WVDiver.....I know I'm missing out, and one day I may bite the bullet and go for it. For now I'll stick to flying away to warm water a couple of times a year and going to the Oregon Coast or Seattle Aquarium to see what I'm missing. ;)

WV Diver
12-10-2007, 07:42
I've been to the aquarium also. It is one of the nicest ones I have been to. I had to go there to see the octopus. Never did see one in the open water. Has Edmonds changed it name? I read an arcticle in Scuba Diving Magazine and they were calling it Bracketts or something like that? When did this happen? Am I that far out of the loop?

CARDIVER
12-11-2007, 17:06
I've been to the aquarium also. It is one of the nicest ones I have been to. I had to go there to see the octopus. Never did see one in the open water. Has Edmonds changed it name? I read an arcticle in Scuba Diving Magazine and they were calling it Bracketts or something like that? When did this happen? Am I that far out of the loop?
Edmonds Underwater Park is still there and still goes by that name.

WaScubaDude
12-11-2007, 18:00

I saw the same article and thought "what?" I have only lived here for all of my 42 years and thought sure that Brackets landing is a bit farther north in Parinville (sp) home of an old cannery and a really big rock (condo sized) at about 75ft.

I used to work at, and manage the small shop near the underwater park and ferry dock. Back then it was the Edmonds Scuba Center. If you read the bit about Bruce Higgins setting the underwater trail, you would laugh to know that on my second day on the job I filled his double 72's to 3000psi and blew the burst disk. He took it in stride and my boss showed me how to replace the disk and then had me fill em up right. As I recall I tried to card Bruce and my boss waved me off. Didn't know that he was legend, but still think his work is fabulous and inspiring.

WaScubaDude
12-11-2007, 18:02
Need to make it back to dive the park. Maybe Chritmas eve!

missdesireeann
02-10-2008, 00:31
I am!