PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the Newest Dive Club

RoadRacer1978
11-14-2007, 20:30
Well my fellow OKC area divers, we finally have a name. Dirty Water Dive Society. I hope everyone is as happy as I am wih our new name, and thank ou Disneymom for suggesting this one. :)

Now the work begins. I am in the process of building our new webpage for the club. I have signed up for one of those free webhosting sites, so for now we will have to put up with a little advert on the right hand side. You can minimize the advert once the page is loaded. It isn't the best, but it is free and will serve our purpose for now.

the website is:

Dirty Water Dive Society (http://www.dirtywaterdive.com)

I will be a busy little bee working on building the website over the next few weeks, so check back on it often to see the progress. I will also be trying to design a logo for the club. If anyone has any suggestions or designs for a logo, please send them my way. If you have anything you would like to see on the webpage, again feel free to let me know.

There will be many, many more things to come in the near future, so keep checking the website for new additions. I will also be sending Larry a PM and see if we can get our own spot in the dive clubs forum area. Keep an eye out on the forums to see when that happens. Once we get our own spot on the forums I will keep everyone up to date there and you can see the changes on the website.

Now here is what you can do to help. If you have any friends that dive, let them know about our club. I will also be trying to get our name out there and let everyone know about our club. I will be registering it with the different dive club registeries and trying my best to build our club up, so I hope you will help me do the same. :)

Well, guess that is about it for now. I'll keep everyone informed as to the progress and I look foward to diving with all of you in the future.

chace_nicole
11-14-2007, 22:14
Good Job Racer! Thank you for getting a club together for us Okies!:smiley20:

hoop
11-14-2007, 23:08
Thanks Racer! Dirty Water Dive Society it is! I've got broadband with Cox, so I know I have free webpage space.... I have a friend who build a website and used Godaddy for a domain name, and just had it linked to his webpage account..... Not sure how all of that business works out, but could save us some money ...... As I said before, let me know anyway that I can help, and I will be glad to assist! I'll look into how much web space I have, etc.... Hopefully we can be up and running, and actually organized by spring....:smiley2:

texdiveguy
11-14-2007, 23:27
Congratulations on your new dive group and up and coming web page! I live in Texas but am a proud native 'Okie' and dive in the great state quite often. Will enjoy seeing the group expand.

DiveSooner
11-15-2007, 09:48
Thank you very much RoadRacer for your determination and efforts. It is greatly appreciated.

Disneymom
11-23-2007, 07:43
Hey, whadaya know...? My name got picked! Thanks, voters!

I haven't been on in DAYS - working on a big project that's taking up all my free time - so I've got lots of catching up to do. My first stop was to see how RoadRacer's club was coming along. Nice website, racer! Keep up the good work, prez.

94GTStang
11-24-2007, 20:20
Just subscribed to the newsletter!

RoadRacer1978
11-24-2007, 20:28
Got it. Sent you an email containing the december newsletter. Thanks for checking things out.

Soonerwink
11-25-2007, 17:17
I think as soon as you are old enough ( assuming you were born in 1978) you should run for President. You know how to get things done, and quickly.

RoadRacer1978
11-26-2007, 01:11
LOL, thanks. Yes, was born in 1978 and I don't think I lie nearly enough for politics. :)

DevilDiver
11-26-2007, 18:34
Congrats!! Very cool...... Sounds like it will be a great club.(Bonus points for the name) If you all ever plan any trips down to Texas be sure to post!

Great job!

94GTStang
11-27-2007, 11:44
So are we going to reserve some night, maybe Thursday night, to have a dinner meeting? Could do it on a monthly basis? Just get some food, drink some brew, etc.

RoadRacer1978
11-27-2007, 16:42
We could do something like this. My work schedule is such that I could not commit to a monthly meeting. It will be difficult enough for me to make a monthly dive that is planned ahead of time. But if it is something that the members want and someone is willing to commit to be there, I have no problem getting it all arranged.

94GTStang
11-27-2007, 19:54
We could do something like this. My work schedule is such that I could not commit to a monthly meeting. It will be difficult enough for me to make a monthly dive that is planned ahead of time. But if it is something that the members want and someone is willing to commit to be there, I have no problem getting it all arranged.

I'm up for whatever pretty much. My weekends are tied up with work, so I too need advance time to request off for any dive trips. However, a weekday night is pretty much free.

My local Mustang club has weekly Tuesday night meets at places decided upon by the people going. It's a great way to meet new people or just B.S..

Just a thought...

RoadRacer1978
11-27-2007, 20:34
It is really a good thought and I would like to do something like that, it is just my work schedule. I am on call 24/7 with now set schedule. When I get called to go to work I am usually gone about 2 days. So it is hard for me to commit to a monthly meeting.

Soonerwink
11-27-2007, 22:32
Hey RoadRacer I just returned from our Nov. dive club meeting, and we had a couple there that drove down from OKC to attend. They said there were no dive clubs in their area. I told them how to contact you. By the way we voted on a new name for our group. We are now Tulsa Aquanauts.

RoadRacer1978
11-27-2007, 23:26
Cool new name, and thanks for the referral.