PDA

View Full Version : Suunto Download Cable Question

Roggen
11-15-2007, 05:50
Just curious....

Are there different Suunto cable models that will only work on certain computer models? For example a Suunto download cable listed as being for the Mosquito and D3 DC, will it also work with the Corbra and Vytec DC?

Thanks!

Navy OnStar
11-15-2007, 09:32
Just curious....

Are there different Suunto cable models that will only work on certain computer models? For example a Suunto download cable listed as being for the Mosquito and D3 DC, will it also work with the Corbra and Vytec DC?

Thanks!

I could be wrong but I think there is one for the larger guage computers and a different one for the smaller normal size watch computers. I know my LDS had to look up to see if the one they had was compatable with my Vytec DS.

OnStar

PsychDiver
11-19-2007, 21:09
One of my Dive buddies has the D9 and I have a Cobra 2. Looks like different cables to me.

Silverlode
11-19-2007, 21:12
I think there are two different cables. One for the D6 & D9 and the other one for the rest. Not sure if there's a third on for console. This is from what I'd seen of 'products' when looking to buy a Vyper.

Edit: might be worth going to Suunto website and check how many different cables they have and which one your computer uses.

greenmoray
11-30-2007, 22:51
Silverlode was correct. There are two types of cables: one for D6 & D9, other for all models. Suunto Dive Manager (SDM) is compatible with all models though.

PsychDiver
12-04-2007, 07:54
The cables are different. This question came up another time and I went to the Aqualung sight to try to do some research but it was too sales oriented and didn't give enough specs to answer the question. If someone has found the answer on their website please let me know.