PDA

View Full Version : oceanic spinner knife

scubaaaronh
11-15-2007, 18:26
I won't buy another of these knives for two reasons. One the sheath of the knife is cheap plastic. and the guy at the dive shop stripped out two before he got one mounted on my Probe BC. Second it doesn't take much to hook it and rip it off and be left with two screws and a plastic thing left in your BC pocket. What a waste of money

gibson1525
11-16-2007, 11:07
sorry for the bad experience, thanks for the heads up

Krafcheck
11-16-2007, 12:20
I dont have any problems. I know what you mean about cheap plastic though. I am a fan of "lock tight" type products. I put it on my treads and never had any troubles even when I switched bc and had to remove. Although it is my back up knife so I never mess with it. The handle does stick out too much for my taste when you install the "right way" meaning you can read the word "oceanic." I put mine backwards having the handle stick out towards my tank. .02

terrillja
11-16-2007, 19:58
I have two of them, and have never had any trouble. They are small, and the catch for the knife is kinda flimsy, but I have never had any troubles with it.

Xspect
11-18-2007, 17:53
We had one of theses. It was small and not in the way. For a primary knife I say no go. Maybe as a backup knife ,maybe.

quasimoto
11-18-2007, 18:27
Almost bought one myself until I talked to a friend. He lost two knives because of the catch. Needless to say that he didn't buy another one. He now uses a cloth sheathed knife.

scubaaaronh
11-19-2007, 08:07
This was a backup but it ticks me off that they don't have a beter attachment device. If they even put small nutzerts into the plastic, it would make it a more secure attachment. The loctite is a good idea and i thought of doing just that and never did. Oh well i have a new holder for my sea snips and i will carry these from now on.

jba2905
01-02-2009, 05:53
I went to my LDS to get one of the knives, but they put a different one to the spinner on there. It seems pretty good though. One thing is that it has a little clip that turns so it doesnt seem too easy to get out when I have my gloves on.

reeldive
01-03-2009, 22:06
Love my Islander travel BC. Bought a spinner knife for it. Cheap steel!! Cheap sheath. Lousy catch. Bends easy and doesn't keep an edge. Now I cary my EM shears.

fanatique
02-07-2009, 16:31
Thanks for the heads-up, will avoid this model in the future when I'm in the market for a dive knife.