PDA

View Full Version : My Fault!!! Don"t Let It Be Yours!!!

moosicman
11-16-2007, 12:26
i snoozed and i lost....:(...had fallen in love with the rip tide zone bcd and called to put a package together today and.....:smiley13:.....they've sold them all...:smiley19::smiley19::smiley11::smiley11::bon k::bonk::bonk:....if you see something on ST you want...don't wait....GET IT....i'm an idiot.......

BUT IT IS MY FAULT SO DON"T YOU DO THE SAME

Tableleg
11-16-2007, 13:53
aww... You must be talking about the orange ones then? (They haven't updated the web site yet; they're both still on there) Tough break!

ScubaJenn81
11-16-2007, 13:59
That is why I act fast on things. It drives my husband batty. Sorry though, really....

maggs_the
11-16-2007, 14:00
I've almost been WISHING my BC would get a hole in it so I could justify getting the orange rip tide!! I've been whining for one since they first put them on the site.

I just hope I can take back all that bad karma I tried putting on my current BC :smiley9:

Zenagirl
11-16-2007, 15:10
Bet they'd make you a heck of a deal on a black one though.....

torrey
11-16-2007, 15:29
Same thing happened to me with the Veo 180...but I did end up getting an even better deal on a Mares M2.

maggs_the
11-16-2007, 16:20
Bet they'd make you a heck of a deal on a black one though.....

don't know about anybody else, but the draw for me was the ORANGE!! i'm so sick of black. :smiley29:

moosicman
11-16-2007, 18:41
no i'm talking about the black ones..i don't want the orange....it was the PERFECT bcd at the PERFECT price......*sniff*......

Cheddarchick
11-16-2007, 18:53
Larry....Please.....I can't stand to see gown men cry.....Help him out....

ScubaToys Larry
11-16-2007, 19:00
Larry....Please.....I can't stand to see gown men cry.....Help him out....

I'm not that good at sewing or else I'd make him one... :smiley13:

moosicman
11-16-2007, 19:07
well, i'll make due......just the OCD search for the next piece of gear, which i'm learning will never end...even when i decide on something i'm gonna get i still look just for the sake of looking....dang addictive...:)..its like the thrill of the hunt or something....strange isn't it...i don't do this on walmart.com....LOL

Zenagirl
11-16-2007, 19:46
Buy a Brigade!!

moosicman
11-16-2007, 22:11
yeahthat is what i'm looking at....i suppose it'll do...LOL

Clanggedin
11-17-2007, 22:49
Well, I was hung on either getting the black zone or an OxyCheq Wing with Hammerhead backplate... Now I know what I will be ordering.

Tableleg
11-17-2007, 23:38
Wow... I thought it was the orange ones because of the surplus'ish nature of them. Does that mean there will be no more black Zones? Like ever? Is it not a regulary produced item by Riptide? Could it be that there is a new version coming out?

moosicman
11-18-2007, 07:52
i heard from someone else that they were going to get the new model. here is the company website that puts it out

Omega Aquatics (http://omegaaquatics.com/bcd.html)

looks like they do have others:)

Tableleg
11-18-2007, 12:24
That's good news! :smiley1:

The Zone II looks just like the Zone except it seems as if it has a pocked for a back plate. Kinda cool! I wonder when/if ST will get the ZoneII in stock.

Cheddarchick
11-18-2007, 17:52
I'm not that good at sewing or else I'd make him one... :smiley13:[/QUOTE]

Never too late to take up a new hobby......

quasimoto
11-18-2007, 18:25
Never fails does it? I don't know how many times I have wanted something and thought that I would wait till the next paycheck and buy it. Only to find out that they sold the last one a week before. Or if it was on special then it wasn't anymore.

DiveSooner
11-18-2007, 21:01
Larry,

Will you be getting in the Zone II? If so, when and how much?

abcitydiver
11-18-2007, 21:35
its a contagious disease.....this OCD over gear. Thank god we're all in good company!

skippy11
11-18-2007, 21:45
Done feel so bad....I did the same thing!!!! We studied over BCDs for forever. Finally decided on one...and...they were all sold out. Sucks! Anyways, we'll find something else...I guess. :smiley29:

DiveSooner
11-19-2007, 11:31
I just spoke to Joe at ST, they do have Ridtide Zones (black) in stock. They are out of the "orange". Call and double check you size with them.

FYI

moosicman
11-19-2007, 12:36
lol...well, this is how life goes....i was bummed about not getting this bcd...then used a jacket bcd during my training and thought to myself, HEY THIS ISN"T BAD AT ALL....plus i could save a bit of cash on a cheaper bcd...AND my instructor was harping on the fact that if you are passed out in the water with a back inflate BCD there is serious trouble and couldn't believe that they were allowed to sell them. although i see his point, and understand it, i would be willing to take that risk. all that being said, i have since changed my mind on the bcd (ain't life funny). though i would be completely happy with the rip tide zone, i have decided to go with the tusa bcj-3860 for some of the safety reason listed above plus the fact that it appears to have a ton of Drings itself, plus it is 20 bucks cheaper, plus the LPH/power inflator connection is on the inside not the outside, which is another safety thing for me. i'll admit though that i've never tried a back inflate and it may be heaven but for now i just need a little earth....ahhhhhhh.....life..... and guess what...THIS IS MY 250th POST....NOW I"M GONNA PLACE MY ORDER!!!! YYEEEEEEHAAAA!

CaribbeanDiver
11-19-2007, 13:18
your LDS said back inflated BCDs were dangerous because if you pass out under water they would present a safety issue? unbelieveable! Now I have heard about everything.

DiveSooner
11-19-2007, 13:25
I think that what he meant was if you pass out on the surface of the water, "true" back inflate will push you face forward into the water. harder to stay on your back with a back inflate.

Congrats Moos, let us know how the woks you. I was looking the zone for price. Also, the Riptide Zone II because you can get a backplate for doubles, if/when I chose to go that route. But after talking to Joe, he said the Brigade will do the same... both would have to change the bladder for lift. Since they have Zeagle in stock, that's how I'm leaning now.

PsychDiver
11-19-2007, 14:30
While passing out face up would be nice - even with a vest style BCD it may be unlikely. I have a Balance BC and love it. But you have to get use to the flotation at the surface and don't over inflate. Then you won't fight that tendancy to push you forward.

moosicman
11-19-2007, 21:18
well like i said in my post, i had my disagreements with his logic, seeing as how if you pass out diving it is most likely going to be an underwater situation so tipping forward into the water AINT gonna be your main problem...but my instructor (not in connection with any LDS) is an older ret. lt. col. from the marines and doesn't really keep up with all of the current gear.....his motto is actually good and specific....you want it to WORK and be functional. so though he loses points for being up to date, his first concern is safety and NOT style or whatever the latest gadget is to up the warm-fuzzy aspects of your dive. anyway:)

mcc2318
11-20-2007, 01:26
sorry to hear it bro

Zenagirl
11-20-2007, 07:02
Brad, no matter what BC you buy....dive it and enjoy it!

kev99
11-20-2007, 20:38
....i was bummed about not getting this bcd...then used a jacket bcd during my training and thought to myself, HEY THIS ISN"T BAD AT ALL....

i'll admit though that i've never tried a back inflate

Proof that everyone is different because I used a scubapro jacket style in training and even though I had never used a back inflate, I knew I hated this particular jacket style. The jacket was ill fitting, maybe because it was a rental and used a lot, but I hated it throughout my open water training. I bought a brigade after trying on a stilleto in the LDS and love it. It fits so good and feels much better than the jacket style.

I would recommend at least trying a back inflate once before buying, at least that is my $.02! I understand it is a personal decision though and it is not my money! :smiley2:

Tableleg
11-21-2007, 08:23
I would recommend at least trying a back inflate once before buying, at least that is my $.02! I understand it is a personal decision though and it is not my money! :smiley2: Not bad advice. There's no sense in spending a bunch of money on something that 10 dives from now you'll still be wondering how a back inflate would feel/work.

I hope you enjoy your Tusa. Zenagirl has it right: just go dive and have fun!:smiley20:

danielh03
11-22-2007, 03:37
So is this a bad time to gloat that I got mine the first day I noticed them on the clearance board???

Tableleg
11-22-2007, 21:07
Yea, probably. :smiley36:

tarheeldiver
11-23-2007, 07:06
So is this a bad time to gloat that I got mine the first day I noticed them on the clearance board???
thats cold

danielh03
11-26-2007, 06:52
Karma is a bear! I guess it serves me right though. I was going to order a computer last night and yup, you guessed it. ALL OUT!!!!

Tableleg
11-26-2007, 19:29
:smilie39: