PDA

View Full Version : TRAINING

ertechsg
07-21-2007, 16:33
Just a ? what all does St offer in traing besides what is on the site.

Vercingetorix
07-21-2007, 17:33
First Aid is offered, but not on web-site. First class was in June.
<DIV></DIV>Other classes may be set-up by special arrangement. For instance, many of the Rescue students, such as myself, have expressed interest in NAUI Training Assistant and/or Dive Master program. Greg Williams, the Director of Training, is working to put this course together. This is not a new thing; the program has been offered in the past as several instructors and DMs have been certified through ScubaToys.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Call him at the shop to make the request. If he can offer it (that is, he has an instructor certified to teach it), then he may put things into motion. No guarantees.</DIV>

ScubaToys Larry
07-21-2007, 17:43
We also have Woody who is our resident tec head. He does the advanced nitrox, extended range, deco, etc...

ertechsg
07-21-2007, 21:50
How many dive does NAUI require for Ta or DM. SSI requires 50 for DM + four classes and yes rescue. Just a ?.

PlatypusMan
07-21-2007, 22:58
Just a ? what all does St offer in traing besides what is on the site.

http://naui.com/

Some answers can be found here.

woody
07-22-2007, 00:26
Pretty close to all the Classes that NAUI does offer can be taken through ScubaToys. SD, ASD, MSD (Master SCUBA Diver). Virtually all the Specialties except ice diver (but we're in Texas
For the professional levels
AI, DM, Instructor, Instructor Trainer, and Course Director.
For Technical
- Tech 1 (Technical Nitrox, Decompression Procedures, Helitrox), Tech 2 (Heliair), Tech 3 (Trimix 1 & 2),Wreck penetration Diver, DPV Pilot (tow behind scooters), and Rebreathers. We can also arrange for cave training (Mexico) and tune-ups(locally)
I think that about covers it. Oh yeah we will be offering some free clinics likea photography workshop with some professional photographers / instructors and more to come.
Thanks,
Woody

woody
07-22-2007, 00:27
Hmmm. I forgot PPB too!

Vercingetorix
07-22-2007, 08:30
http://naui.com/

Some answers can be found here.
Unfortunately very few. The NAUI site mentions "dozens" of specialty courses.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
</DIV>
Pretty close to all the Classes that NAUI does offer can be taken through ScubaToys. SD, ASD, MSD (Master SCUBA Diver). Virtually all the Specialties except ice diver (but we're in <?:namespace prefix = u1 /><U1:STATE u2:st="&#111;n"><U1:PLACE u2:st="&#111;n"><?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><ST1:STATE w:st="&#111;n"><ST1:PLACE w:st="&#111;n">Texas</U1:PLACE></U1:STATE></ST1:PLACE></ST1:STATE>). <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
For the professional levels AI, DM, Instructor, Instructor Trainer, and Course Director.<O:P></O:P>
For Technical- Tech 1 (Technical Nitrox, Decompression Procedures, Helitrox), Tech 2 (Heliair), Tech 3 (Trimix 1 &amp; 2),Wreck penetration Diver, DPV Pilot (tow behind scooters), and Rebreathers. We can also arrange for cave training (<U1:COUNTRY-REGI&#111;n u2:st="&#111;n"><U1:PLACE u2:st="&#111;n"><ST1:COUNTRY-REGI&#111;n w:st="&#111;n"><ST1:PLACE w:st="&#111;n">Mexico</U1:PLACE></U1:COUNTRY-REGI&#111;n></ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGI&#111;n>) and tune-ups(locally)<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
<O:P> "Virtually all the specialties" Is there a list of all the specialties? Perhaps in the S&amp;P? Perhaps on the secret web-site available only to instructors and DMs. Inquiring minds, and the OP, want to know.

woody
07-23-2007, 05:40
Ok. Here is thelist.
<DIV></DIV>

Deep Diver
Night Diver
Navigation
Hunter and Collector
Dry Suit Diver
Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx)
Scuba Rescue Diver
Advanced Scuba Rescue Diver
Search and Recovery Diver
Training Assistant
Underwater Archeologist
Underwater Ecologist
Underwater Environment
Underwater Photographer
Underwater Hunter and Collector
Wreck Diver (External Survey)
DPV

ertechsg
07-23-2007, 10:33
I think that about covers it. Oh yeah we will be offering some free clinics likea photography workshop with some professional photographers / instructors and more to come.<O:P></O:P>
Thanks,<O:P></O:P>
Woody This would be awsome.

tc_rain
07-23-2007, 10:37
What class actually covers the penetration of wrecks?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

TxHockeyGuy
07-23-2007, 10:59
</span>
I think that about covers it. Oh yeah we will be offering some free clinics likea photography workshop with some professional photographers / instructors and more to come.</span></span>
</span>
Thanks,</span>
Woody</span>

I am very interested in hearing about this. Just got me a new camera rig and would love to know how to get the most out of it.

woody
07-23-2007, 15:09
What class actually covers the penetration of wrecks?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
<DIV>NAUITEC Wreck Penertration Class</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>It's part of my Wreck 1 Class which is both NAUI Wreck Classes combined.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

woody
08-21-2007, 16:51
I am very interested in hearing about this. Just got me a new camera rig and would love to know how to get the most out of it.

More info to come. We did it once "gulp when I was at another shop" and the store never had more people in it. well except for the holiday party, but that had free food and booze.

Most likley will be some time this winter.

Woody