PDA

View Full Version : Oh, come on now ...

highdesert
07-10-2007, 07:56
Really, somebody has to be interested in something besides SCUBA! Are there any road bike junkies out there, hooked on the Tour de France? It's my number one sporting event of the year; I'll plan vacations not to interfer, just so I won't miss something critical. I'm pulling for Vinokourov this year; he got a very raw deal last year. Any other addicts?

creggur
07-10-2007, 09:18
Used to follow it religously, but after the Lance retirement I started to lose interest in it, then the whole Landis debacle kind of sealed the deal for me last year.... I still ride, just don't follow the tours like I used to...

Dectek
07-10-2007, 10:03
Addict?My Wife thinks I am insane...I tend to watch the "real commentary" with Phil and Paul and then watchthe "Fun prime time" version with Bob and Al.
<DIV></DIV>

underwaterdan
07-10-2007, 12:23
Sorry I am too busy trying to find out how to get wireless to work underwater... seems to be one big thing holding me back, getting my laptop to work underwater... Seems everytime I try it gets really expensive!http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifhttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifhttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifhttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Centerius
07-10-2007, 16:58
I ride a sportbike, but sadly I can't get to the mountains as much as I used to (since I live in flat Florida). However, SCUBA diving -- water is everywhere around here. :)

Oh, and I read books -- lots and lots of books (mostly mathematics and physics, some recreational math).

cummings66
07-10-2007, 17:38
I like 4x4's, flying and things like that. Used to like riding superbikes as well, nothing like a crotch rocket to get you moving.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>They're not very fun over a long distance.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>PS, the plane and 4x4 work for diving so it's a double bonus.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Jason
07-10-2007, 18:45
Sorry I am too busy trying to find out how to get wireless to work underwater... seems to be one big thing holding me back, getting my laptop to work underwater... Seems everytime I try it gets really expensive!http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifhttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifhttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifhttp://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Hang in there and don't give... Keep trying!

Jeff
07-10-2007, 18:56
Two words:

Panasonic Toughbook...

Let us know how deep it goes before giving out. smileys/smiley4.gif

jdarnall2001
07-10-2007, 19:48
You mean there are other things to do than dive on your free time???
Hmmm.... I'm packing.... does that count? (What if I said I was packing
for a dive trip? Would it still count??)smileys/smiley1.gif

creggur
07-10-2007, 21:16
some recreational math).

??????smileys/smiley5.gif??????

Storm
07-11-2007, 00:20
Both my wife and I cycle as a surface hobby. She's got the big road bike set up, while I'm more the hybrid type of cyclist. Speaking of the Tour, that was a might nasty looking pile up at the end of stage two.

Blindref757
07-11-2007, 02:28
I was in a hamburger joint last night when the TDF was showing on TV. Honestly, I was pretty bored with it...right up until that gigantic wreck that took out the whole mob and completely blocked the street! THAT WAS COOL!!!smileys/smiley32.gif

georoc01
07-11-2007, 10:39
Never been much to watch cycling on TV. Rather watch the WSOP :)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Of course, tonight I will actually play poker in a local tourney, so I guess that counts.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>One of the plusses of living in Colorado is the short drive up into the Mountains. I grew up on skiis, so its a great place to head in the wintertime.</DIV>

frankc420
07-11-2007, 11:07
There are others things in life other than diving... and that is, thinking about it! :)

ertechsg
07-11-2007, 11:20
There are others things in life other than diving... and that is, thinking about it! :) I'm narced help me out what else is there.

johlar
07-11-2007, 12:47
I did not realize there were underwater wireless modems:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
<H2>Welcome to DSPComm</H2>
Underwater wireless modems can deliver financial and operational advantages that are an order of magnitude superior to wired systems. However this potential is rarely realised, often because the modems simply do not communicate reliably and are too bulky and power hungry.

In 2000, DSPComm was founded with the purpose of bringing rock-solid reliability and unprecedented versatility to underwater wireless modems.

Today, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the underwater wireless modem market. Our modems are used by some of the top names in the industry in applications that require the highest level of reliability and versatility the market can offer.</DIV>

jacewindu
07-11-2007, 12:57
I miss Ivan Bosso... he's my favorite. The officials give him such a hard time with doping, and now that Lance is gone, I'm having a hard time finding someone to root for...

Skinsfan1311
07-11-2007, 13:55
I snowboard!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Back in the late 70's, &amp; early 80's, Iwas a skateboard rat. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I skiied,(sp?), for 20+ years. I was a Navy brat, and had the good fortune to ski all over Europe. I even taught my wife how to ski.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>About 7-8 yrs ago, I tried snowboarding, and then I gave my ski's away!http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>It took me almost 15 years to convince my wife to go out west, (we live near Baltimore). She loved it so much, (Lake Tahoe), that now we go every year.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Snowboarding is a blast. It's a little more difficult to learn, at first, but the learning curve is not very steep. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>You seem to improve much more quickly on a board, then you do on skis. I definitely suggest it to anyone who loves winter sports.</DIV>

TAH 73
07-11-2007, 15:25
Used to be a roadie, did a bunch of races in HS ad Uni, then got into doing Biatholon's. A few years later I did an off-road biatholon, a week later I sold my tri-bike and bought a mountain bike. This year my mountain buke has been used a bunch, my road bike has had a flat tire for about a year and a half.
<DIV>In the winter I ski (instructor in BC), snowboaded 3 days this season (first in 10+ years), but did get about 150-175 days on skis.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

tedtim
07-14-2007, 00:28
I like to drink beer, ...... and relax at home.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Life is good</DIV>

frankc420
07-14-2007, 11:47
I love playing with my son, he's 19 months old, so I'm sure you mommies and daddies, grandpas and grandmas can fully understand where I'm coming from!

There have been a lot of first times with my son, like cutting teeth and the things that go along with that... like a bed full of poop, body covered w/ it, and a head full of it to boot.

Rabb
07-14-2007, 12:24
Really, somebody has to be interested in something besides SCUBA! Are there any road bike junkies out there, hooked on the Tour de France? It's my number one sporting event of the year; I'll plan vacations not to interfer, just so I won't miss something critical. I'm pulling for Vinokourov this year; he got a very raw deal last year. Any other addicts?

I am sure there are....on forums not devoted to Scuba diving.....

fire diver
07-15-2007, 22:28
I like to drink beer, ...... and relax at home.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Life is good</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I like to drink Captain Morgan Rum, and go running. Wierd combo. I guess thats why I usually go diving instead.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>FD</DIV>

highdesert
07-16-2007, 09:27
I was in a hamburger joint last night when the TDF was showing on TV. Honestly, I was pretty bored with it...right up until that gigantic wreck that took out the whole mob and completely blocked the street! THAT WAS COOL!!!smileys/smiley32.gif
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>OK, I didn't respond to this at first, but I have to now. Having been involved in bike racing, and been in a few crashes, I'm here to tell you that I was not responding, "THAT WAS COOL!!!" after the fact. This Tour has been filled with injuries, included broken faces, backs, and dislocated shoulders. One rider in that crash broke his hand in five places and had to retire, after a year's preparation. Robbie McEwen, one of the best sprinters in the world, never recoverd; he missed the time cut yesterday. Riders die on occasion. Is that cool too?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>What would be "COOL!!!" in diving terms? Someone with a failure at 130', can't find their buddy, pop to the surface like a cork and blow up their lungs? OK, so I spoiled the party and put a damper on my own thread. I'll take that in exchange for getting my kicks out of the injury or death of others.</DIV></DIV>

Lucky(AR)
07-22-2007, 12:02
im a water person if im not diving im skiing or learnin how to wakeboard

Venio
07-22-2007, 13:40
Scuba is just my latest addition. I snowboard, used to rock climb, ride crotch rocket on daily bases (primary transport), wake board and surf when I have a chance. I'm halfway done with my PPL (private pilot). Used to be in a rally team as a mechanic; my guy is leader in the European Championship now. I've done some rally (very expensive) and kart racing. Am I missing something?! Oh yeah I build UAV's too.

Moxie
07-22-2007, 13:54
Travel and food... mmmmm good food that is. I love restaurants that are doing something different.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Also enjoy hanging out in the back yard, bbqing or gardening.</DIV>

quarrydiver
09-09-2007, 17:33
I like to throw a bag on the back of the motorcycle and travel with the wind in my face.