PDA

View Full Version : How quickly do Flower Garden trips fill up?

Illini_Fan
11-19-2007, 16:15
I have my eye on a trip on the M/V Spring next August -- one of the 4 day trips. Half the boat is "open booking" and the other half is being run through an LDS. I'm trying to get a couple of my OH friends to come join me (and any other ST board member) for that trip.

The problem is, I won't know till at least Feb and they probably won't commit until after they get back from Honduras in early April.

Does anyone know how quickly the FG trips fill-up (especially the ones not associated with any LDS)? From what I've read, August is a pretty good month for weather so that might also be a time the boats fill up quickly.

Any insight from the board would be appreciated.

frankc420
11-19-2007, 16:29
Tom,

There is a small group of people from a forum that I run for Mississippi divers talking about getting a FG trip together as well. We did a poll and most everyone said they wanted to do it in April.

I'm guessing you meant the M/V Spree? The price for April is looking to be $575, but I think that is for the 2 day trip.

Maybe we all can get together and fill the boat? It's something to think about atleast!

Illini_Fan
11-19-2007, 16:40
Thanks Frank -- I know my friends in OH won't do April, since they are just getting back from their other trip.

What dates are you doing your trip -- as I might not be against two FG trips :)

DevilDiver
11-20-2007, 17:18
I would be interested in either trip or maybe both.....
If you guys get it figured out please PM. It would be alot more fun of a trip with a group.

Thanks,

Soonerwink
11-20-2007, 18:40
My LDS has a Spree trip planned for Aug. 4,5, & 6, We have 11 spots on the boat and there is a group out of Ohio that has the other 11 spots http://www.justaddwaterscuba.com/ I don't know how close that is to your friends, but you might be able to book through them. The cost for this 3 day trip is 650.00 and includes nitrox.

Illini_Fan
11-22-2007, 20:31
Thanks soonerwink. Actually looking at the trips on either side of your trip. Any idea why yours in $650 and the Spree web-site shows $750 for a three day trip? Is that just the level of discount they sell the "package" trips to LDSs for? Seems like booking through an LDS might be a better choice then booking one of the "open booking" slots directly with the Spree

Soonerwink
11-22-2007, 20:55
Thanks soonerwink. Actually looking at the trips on either side of your trip. Any idea why yours in $650 and the Spree web-site shows $750 for a three day trip? Is that just the level of discount they sell the "package" trips to LDSs for? Seems like booking through an LDS might be a better choice then booking one of the "open booking" slots directly with the Spree
It might be because mine is a Mon. - Wed. trip and yours is a weekend trip. Or maybe the LDS you're going through is charging more. They maybe including travel expenses of some kind.