PDA

View Full Version : Any Apollo Mask Users?

Silverlode
11-20-2007, 05:03
I'm eyeing the Apollo SV-2 because it seems to fit me well in the shop. Has anyone used it? I'd googled and found there's a SV-4 as well. Anyone knows if there's much of a difference? Price differences' about $10.

Silverlode
11-21-2007, 05:23
Bump.
No Apollo mask users here?

ScubaToys Larry
11-21-2007, 05:26
I have used the apollo bio metal... got one of them over at my house as sometimes I'll do discover scuba for friends, and it seems to fit about everyone. But really masks are such a personal thing - if it seems to fit you, and most importantly... you look real cool wearing it... then... :smiley20:

Silverlode
11-21-2007, 05:33
The mask seems to fit well. As for looking cool, I'd rather be wearing sunnies :smiley16:.
I suppose what I'm after, since I'm not familiar with the Apollo brand, especially mask, is whether they are reputable, of good quality and reliable. The worse that can happen to a mask I suppose is leakage, which is already happening to my current one after 13 dives and a number of pool sessions (dive and snorkel).

ScubaToys Larry
11-21-2007, 05:49
As far as quality, Apollo is a Japanese company, and really I've found that all the Japanese manufacturers are far more concerned about quality and workmanship than a lot of other companies based in other countries. I've been dealing with Apollo for some time, and they have always had good products, many times bold innovators that would tackle projects others wouldn't (like the split fin - bio filter - tank lock) and a company that will stand behind their products.

While a lot of companies are happy just bringing out a new color snorkel once a year, Apollo has always tried to improve products, and not simply color or re-brand them.

I'm sure if it fits - you will be happy with the quality, and the company behind the quality.

Silverlode
11-21-2007, 05:51
Thanks Larry. And now, off to the shop I go :)

Edit. hehe. you guys don't carry it online. I'd have to get it through my LDS then... that might make them happy that I'm buying something off them :smiley36:

ScubaToys Larry
11-21-2007, 06:29
Thanks Larry. And now, off to the shop I go :)

Edit. hehe. you guys don't carry it online. I'd have to get it through my LDS then... that might make them happy that I'm buying something off them :smiley36:

Oh, I'm sure we have them... For any manufacturer you see we carry, we have their whole line - we just don't always have everything on our pages. But if we were shipping just a mask over there, it would probably be about the same price as you buying it there. Without being at the right computer, I'd assume the mask is about 50 US, and the shipping about 30 US... so 80 US is about what now... 90 AU??

And since you tried them at the local shop and they helped you with that - it is normal to buy from them.