PDA

View Full Version : Salvo lights,any thoughts?

gbrdiver
11-20-2007, 05:45
I like what I see with Salvo lights...but I really only know what I've learnt from what I've seen with a few users. Any negative views out there? Or alternatives?

Netsloth
11-20-2007, 06:37
I like what I see with Salvo lights...but I really only know what I've learnt from what I've seen with a few users. Any negative views out there? Or alternatives?

I don't own a Salvo, but everyone I know who does has loved it. They have a stellar reputation with everyone I know.

I've been in the shop a few times, and the folks there are friendly and knowledgeable, and from what I've read and heard, they have fantastic customer service.

CaribbeanDiver
11-20-2007, 07:23
I have a salvo light along with some other salvo stuff. never a problem and I am very happy with the quality and performance of the products.
I agree with Netsloth, I have been in their store and they were friendly and very helpful.
from what I have seen, the prices seem to be falling too.

mm_dm
11-20-2007, 07:34
I don't know anyone with any negative views on Salvo gear, be it lights, manifolds, reels, whatever. Some of my most reliable gear has the name Salvo stamped on it somewhere.

texdiveguy
11-20-2007, 07:44
The lights by Salvo are reported to be very good. I own a Salvo reg. and it is quality.

MSilvia
11-20-2007, 08:08
Salvo has a great reputation for quality and service. They also have a history of troubled relations with another manufacturer that has caused some folks to have second thoughts about supporting them. I don't want to stir that particular pot, but if you do some digging in the archives at TheDecoStop, you'll probably find some info on that.

fireflock
11-20-2007, 08:30
The lights and reels are top quality. Some of their other gear is re-branded from other manufacturers, but still decent stuff.

Rich

BSea
11-20-2007, 08:53
I have a salvo rat light (http://salvodiving.com/10_100_103). It's an LED backup light. After going through several of the cheaper lights I bought this 1. This is a great light. Nice tight beam that penetrates well dispite being led. My Buddy has the rat junior (http://salvodiving.com/10_100_102). It has a blue beam as compared to mine that has a white beam. His isn't as focused as mine, but it's smaller.

My buddy also has the Salvo Diving Equipment - 10.104.006 (http://salvodiving.com/10_104_006). He hasn't had it long, probably just over 10 dives, but he loves it. I'm thinking of getting the 21 watt HID (Hey, I have to outdo my buddy right?), but I'm in no hurry, so I'll probably wait a year or so to I see if LED technology really will catch up with HID.

quasimoto
11-20-2007, 19:39
A couple of my DB's have Salvo lights and they love them. I almost bought one myself but I just couldn't see dishing out that much cash for no more than I would use it. Since one of my DB's is cave certified and the other is going for his wreck cert next year they have a need for it.

gbrdiver
11-20-2007, 20:46
Thanks, Seems you guys are backing up all that I've heard about their high quality and good support.

tenninstr
11-21-2007, 04:02
I have a Salvo canister light that works great.