PDA

View Full Version : women driving

timgpp
11-20-2007, 17:15
I was sitting in government class, and one student made the comment that "women belong in the home, not in the voting booth, and defenatly not behind the wheel." I had never thought about this, but i don't know any good female drivers. do all of you agree with this generalization about females, voting and driving?

BeachBunnyCrissy
11-20-2007, 17:18
I will admit I am a much better diver than driver....

Kokomo
11-20-2007, 17:20
You've got to be kidding!!!!!

timgpp
11-20-2007, 17:22
just going to let you all know that i don't think that they should have their licenses revoked, but it was said in class.

marchand
11-20-2007, 17:30
You women need to get back in the kitchen!!!!

JK

IrishSquid
11-20-2007, 17:36
:smilie40:

vadiver
11-20-2007, 17:38
Up here in DC it seems like nobody knows how to drive!

BoomerNJ
11-20-2007, 18:25

Driving in DC you need to have that M4 you're carrying hanging out the window just to survive it... It's the same in Jersey too... Nobody but me & a few others I know actually know how to drive... lol...

ScubaJenn81
11-20-2007, 18:34
I think I am a fine driver, however, when my husband and I go out, he drives 90% of the time, that is fine with me, as he is just a back seat driver

navyhmc
11-20-2007, 20:36
:anim_peep:

CaribbeanDiver
11-20-2007, 21:18
hey, that was my platform. women cannot vote, cannot drive and we take their cell phones away.
I think there are a lot of really good women drivers but there is way too much traffic so someone has to stop driving around and since I am a man, it cant be the men.

Anne Eastwell
11-20-2007, 21:18
You women need to get back in the kitchen!!!!

JK

And just you wait and see what you get dished up for dinner next!!!!!!!!! :smiley2:

Anne Eastwell
11-20-2007, 21:21
:anim_peep:

smart move for both you and Irish squid..... :smiley2:

timgpp
11-21-2007, 10:48
I think I am a fine driver, however, when my husband and I go out, he drives 90% of the time, that is fine with me, as he is just a back seat driver

maybe he has reason to back seat drive

dallasdivergirl
11-21-2007, 11:06
Just keep digging the hole, boys.

It seems like you are just using bigger shovels this time around.

Bert
11-21-2007, 11:07
:anim_soapbox:The easy way to get women off the road is to stop pumping their gas and checking their oil :smilie39::smilie39:

Ohio_diver16
11-22-2007, 01:38
I think women should have equal rights. However, I've been teaching my 16 year old niece how to drive, and from experience, they should wait until they can think about a direction - without making an, "L" with one hand - before getting their license. A-hem

mpd525
11-22-2007, 09:03
As a former traffic cop, i'm gonna say that alot of people shouldn't drive. That's everything from women, to men, TEENAGERS, and OLD PEOPLE. Cell phones are the devil, and i think every state should pass a cell phone law, with the stiffest penalty possible. I couldn't tell you how many wrecks i've worked because of people on those stupid little things. So since we dont' have a cell phone law, i would write them for Careless Driving.

timgpp
11-22-2007, 10:33
As a former traffic cop, i'm gonna say that alot of people shouldn't drive. That's everything from women, to men, TEENAGERS, and OLD PEOPLE. Cell phones are the devil, and i think every state should pass a cell phone law, with the stiffest penalty possible. I couldn't tell you how many wrecks i've worked because of people on those stupid little things. So since we dont' have a cell phone law, i would write them for Careless Driving.

ya, and who talks on their phones more? men or women?

PsychDiver
11-22-2007, 10:33
Well, I am not much help here. My wife is a better driver than I. However, I spent three years in Okinawa and if a car was in the middle of the intersection and the driver was stopped and confused about which way to turn, it was alway and I mean always a woman.

Suther2136
11-22-2007, 10:39
Did this guy survive until the end of the class? A for guts, F for brains.

nathanbarlow
11-22-2007, 13:55
Well, I am not much help here. My wife is a better driver than I. However, I spent three years in Okinawa and if a car was in the middle of the intersection and the driver was stopped and confused about which way to turn, it was alway and I mean always a woman.

But thats partly because japanese women are very much like that even in things like answering a teachers question in school. Blame it on the system they had around 30yrs ago, where women and girls would avoid eye contact etc with males - it was customary then . . . an im willing to bettter the older generation still adheres to those customs or habits.

Anne Eastwell
11-22-2007, 17:37

We actually do have a law in Australia for talking on a cell phone while driving.... if only it was policed. I've lost count how many people I see on the phone and driving.

And as it happens most of them are young guys on P plates!!

mpd525
11-22-2007, 18:06
well, to be honest, i would say it's about 60-40, on the women and men on the phone. Just to give you an idea, next time your at a stop light, look around and count how many are on phones. I've done it several times, and normally if there are about 15 cars at a stop light, at least 9 of them will be on the phone. It drives me absolutely nuts.

missnumnutz
11-22-2007, 18:39
just adding in somthing funni that came by the workspam this morning:

Driving to work this morning on the M4 motorway, I looked over to my right and there was a woman in a brand new BMW doing 180kms per hour with her face up close to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!
I looked away for a couple of seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane still working on that makeup!
It scared me (and this is coming from a bloke....) so much that I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the bacon roll out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten up the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my mobile from my ear, which fell into the coffee between my legs, causing it to splash and burn 'Big Jim and the Twins', causing me to scream, which made me drop the cigarette out of my mouth, ruined my shirt and disconnected an important call. F***ing Women Drivers!!!!!

LOL

shadragon
11-23-2007, 11:04
just adding in somthing funni that came by the workspam this morning:

Driving to work this morning on the M4 motorway, I looked over to my right and there was a woman in a brand new BMW doing 180kms per hour with her face up close to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!
I looked away for a couple of seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane still working on that makeup!
It scared me (and this is coming from a bloke....) so much that I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the bacon roll out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten up the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my mobile from my ear, which fell into the coffee between my legs, causing it to splash and burn 'Big Jim and the Twins', causing me to scream, which made me drop the cigarette out of my mouth, ruined my shirt and disconnected an important call. F***ing Women Drivers!!!!!

LOL

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

timgpp
11-24-2007, 21:04
Did this guy survive until the end of the class? A for guts, F for brains.

ya, he did. but i am not sure if any females have talked to him since.

divingmedic
11-26-2007, 12:34
I know a lot of women that are good drivers. Most of them I work with. Nothing like have a woman driving with lights and sirens at break neck speeds.

mitsuguy
11-26-2007, 14:18
my wife hates my driving though I've never had an accident that was my fault (only one accident that I tried desperately to avoid, but the lady still turned directly into me)... I've had cars up to 175 mph but in city / highway driving, I am overly cautious - I watch everyone...

however, I hate my wifes driving - she is a good driver as well, hasn't had an accident in over 7 years, but I don't like not being in control...

Although we are both aggressive, but safe drivers, One thing is evident from our cars mechanical states - she goes through brakes and tires about twice as fast as I do, and I have a higher performance car with softer tires...

timgpp
11-27-2007, 14:47
if you are both good drivers maybe your wife is a man too.

just kidding

there are exceptions to every rule.
like red lights mean stop. in some parts of Detroit green means go, and red means go faster. for your own safety.

Bert
11-27-2007, 15:26
YES BUT remember in detroit who ever has the biggest POS or least to loose has the rightaway, AND driving IS a contact sport in Michigan.(along with dodging pot holes:smilie39::smilie39::badass:)

shadragon
11-28-2007, 11:03
:anim_soapbox:The easy way to get women off the road is to stop pumping their gas and checking their oil :smilie39::smilie39:
"...and thats when she shot him your honor..."

mitsuguy
11-28-2007, 11:43
if you are both good drivers maybe your wife is a man too.

just kidding

there are exceptions to every rule.
like red lights mean stop. in some parts of Detroit green means go, and red means go faster. for your own safety.

the general rule here in Vegas is that green doesn't mean go, it's more of a yield to the idiot that just ran the red light, then go...

seriously, if you were to actually start accelerating when you saw the light turn green here, 30-50% of the time you would be in an accident (I would say cause an accident, but it technically wouldn't be your fault)

Mighty Borris
12-03-2007, 18:44
I think there should be separate drivers test for men and women. The womens test could be broken up into several other sub groups like: Blond, Naturalized Citizen and Others.

Blond tests could be done with pictures and crayons.

Naturalized Citizen could be two tests, one that is passable and one that has no correct answers depending on what country your from. Let's face it, some countries just don't know how to drive anyway (men or women).

Others - could be for the smart women that should be driving anyway.

All of this is said in fun and as a joke. I am not serious. :smiley36: If you can pass the current test, then bring it.. I like a challenge getting around town!

divingmedic
12-04-2007, 22:02
One reason so many women are bad drive is because they have always this has been told that this <----------------> is six inches long.

Hollywood703
12-08-2007, 13:20
lmao...i love this topic.....its like watching a drama, a horror movie, a gor flick and reality tv all in one forum :)

scubajane
12-08-2007, 18:42
I heard of a state trooper who wrote up an accident report between a green light jumper and a red light runner. both male

BuzzF117
12-09-2007, 08:51
YES BUT remember in detroit who ever has the biggest POS or least to loose has the rightaway, AND driving IS a contact sport in Michigan.(along with dodging pot holes:smilie39::smilie39::badass:)

um we found dodging bullets shot from over passes, we had a truck get its front window shut out while up around Detroit. Shooter was lucky cause that particular driver carries a gun with him and would have shot back if he saw the perp!

adv_diver1
12-09-2007, 09:50
I think woman should be required to be driven everywhere. We could trick them by telling them we honor them so much they deserve to be driven around... but really just making the roads a little nicer for us men and our big awesome fast cars!!!

timgpp
12-09-2007, 14:54
I think there should be separate drivers test for men and women. The womens test could be broken up into several other sub groups like: Blond, Naturalized Citizen and Others.

Blond tests could be done with pictures and crayons.

Naturalized Citizen could be two tests, one that is passable and one that has no correct answers depending on what country your from. Let's face it, some countries just don't know how to drive anyway (men or women).

Others - could be for the smart women that should be driving anyway.

All of this is said in fun and as a joke. I am not serious. :smiley36: If you can pass the current test, then bring it.. I like a challenge getting around town!

we can't let the Italians drive. they change lanes by closing their eyes and turning the wheel while holding down the horn.

Navy OnStar
12-09-2007, 17:47
we can't let the Italians drive. they change lanes by closing their eyes and turning the wheel while holding down the horn.

Actually, I think the Italians have to be the best and ballsy-est drivers in the world. On every trip to Italy, I have always been amazed how they fit 5 cars side by side on a 3 lane road with mopeds in between each row all going 50km/hr over the limit (which is just a suggestion to them anyway) and the only accident I ever saw over there was when our Navy duty van (I wasn't driving) took off a mirror. I think being a pedestrian over there is where te real danger is.

OnStar

jsmharley
12-09-2007, 18:16
Woman Driver = Oxi Moron :smilie40: :smilie40: :smilie40:

all4scuba
12-10-2007, 09:09
Are you kidding me? When we're both in the car, I insist that my wife drive. I scream a lot less at those woman drivers when I'm not driving.

by the way, my wife is not a bad driver, considering she's an asain female. :)

Bert
12-10-2007, 14:32

um we found dodging bullets shot from over passes, we had a truck get its front window shut out while up around Detroit. Shooter was lucky cause that particular driver carries a gun with him and would have shot back if he saw the perp!

I live in St Clair Shores now but I grew up in Detroit. In years past I found bullets in our pool in the back of our car etc... PS For work (Armored car co) I carry A1911 .45 or a Smith or Wesson .38 snub nose

Streamline
12-10-2007, 15:23

Men use their cell phones while driving MUCH more than women do!! BusinessMEN who just don't know when to put down their damn blackberry.

The problem with drivers is not the sex, and not necessarily the agee ... it is drivers who are nervous, timid and unsure that cause the problems.
with that said ... men, when you are sitting there harping at your wife or kids while they are driving and they plow into the back end of the car in front :crash:... its your fault, for distracting them and making them feel nervous and unsure of themselves. Compare driving to diving ... if you are confident and prepared, in an emergency you won't panick and you will react naturally (unless there is a man harping beside you).

Now, I am an awesome driver and if you harp beside me , I will put my signal on, carefully slow down, pull over to the shoulder and tell you to get the H$!! out of my car.:whip:

adv_diver1
12-10-2007, 19:39
That is the problem... most women are not confident and prepared... that is why Oprah is so popular! LOL!!

ScubaGir1
12-10-2007, 20:01

Men use their cell phones while driving MUCH more than women do!! BusinessMEN who just don't know when to put down their damn blackberry.

The problem with drivers is not the sex, and not necessarily the agee ... it is drivers who are nervous, timid and unsure that cause the problems.
with that said ... men, when you are sitting there harping at your wife or kids while they are driving and they plow into the back end of the car in front :crash:... its your fault, for distracting them and making them feel nervous and unsure of themselves. Compare driving to diving ... if you are confident and prepared, in an emergency you won't panick and you will react naturally (unless there is a man harping beside you).

Now, I am an awesome driver and if you harp beside me , I will put my signal on, carefully slow down, pull over to the shoulder and tell you to get the H$!! out of my car.:whip:
You said it perfectly :)

I must say, I'm probably one of the best and safest drivers out of the people I know. And I truly believe that is because of my cousin and my sister. My cousin was a racer and taught me how to really *feel* a car and be in control. My sister was also a "fast" driver and taught me how to stay calm and see everything. I learned at 16 years old, and got my first ticket at 19, and haven't gotten one since, or ever been in an accident. And my dad picked up a side hobby of working on my old car (and all the family cars) and I wanted to learn, so somehow know I more about cars than a lot of guys I know. And NO, I'm not a "tom-boy", I'm actually very much a girly-girl (just well rounded :D).

It really all comes down to being confident and aware of your surroundings. Practice makes perfect, but you really shouldn't be alone on the road until you're ready.

(And yes, that ticket was for speeding LOL, and I've toned that down.)

Streamline
12-10-2007, 21:28
That is the problem... most women are not confident and prepared... that is why Oprah is so popular! LOL!!

maybe we (women) are secure enough to show it ... unlike MOST men who think their johnson's will shrink :yikes: if they show they aren't confident and prepared. :smiley36:

ScubaJW
12-10-2007, 21:34
I was sitting in government class, and one student made the comment that "women belong in the home, not in the voting booth, and defenatly not behind the wheel." I had never thought about this, but i don't know any good female drivers. do all of you agree with this generalization about females, voting and driving?

I will hate one of your students for saying that. We are homo sapiens (which means modern thinking humans. We, including women and men, are made for advanced thinking, so we are up for advanced challenges in this world. I don't believe in men do this while women should do something else.

adv_diver1
12-11-2007, 05:59
We MUST remember that there are smart people and there are dumb people. That is just a fact. Most people on this board seem very intelligent, but you have to think about the "General Public".... some people are Ferriswheel Junkies and live their lives through drama and the day to day scene of emotions....

The rest of us are secure and don't need that.... i.e Oprah, Dr. Phil, Montel and all those of emotinal brainwashers...

HAve you ever watched Oprah?? Look at the reaction of the women in the audience when Oprah says something... It is like GOD appeared...

That is what I am talking about... Do those women have thoughts like:

"This light is turning red, maybe I should not run it. What Would Oprah DO???"

Oh and Streamline... the men who have the Johnson complex fit in with the women I am describing above.

Oprah and Johnsons have nothing to do with intelligence.

PsychDiver
12-11-2007, 07:27

I don't know. I think sex while driving is very dangerous! :smiley2:

Streamline
12-11-2007, 08:34
You definitely have a point but ... You forgot Jerry Springer ... now that is the ultimate in a thought-challenged audience. I can honestly say that I have never watched an episode of Oprah (I have much better things to do with my time ... like chat on this forum :) ) I have only seen clips that are part of other shows ... like when her show makes the news for giving away cars to the audience ... OMG!!!! think of all the accidents she caused that day!!!

Streamline
12-11-2007, 08:35

I don't know. I think sex while driving is very dangerous! :smiley2:

... ahhh yes, but fun!!!

adv_diver1
12-11-2007, 09:22
WOW!! I never thought of that.. the accidents she caused that day... all of those emotional women with new cars in one day... oh man... and think when she gave away the $500 makeup kits to everyone... lots of accidents that day as well.

She should give away driving lessons and testostrone pills!!

LOL!!

Streamline... you are funny!!

Streamline
12-11-2007, 09:32
I didn't hear about the make-up kits!!! how thoughtful of Oprah ... now they'll look good for the paramedics who are extricating them from their shiny new cars :)

paintsnow
12-13-2007, 00:16
*sigh*

ive had 2 incidents and im only 16

1 i was drifting in my moms car and forgot to countersteer, so the wheels grabbed and sent me straight for a side walk.

it was one of those smooth ones, not the right angle but one that is more of a hill then a cliff, anyways i bent one of the spokes on the tire.

yes i know how stupid that was, you dont have to tell me, ive already grown past that and will never do it again (in an open course/ uncontrolled environment. put me on a road course with nothing to hit and yeah i would)

2nd was when i was driving my dads truck and my mom called me so i looked down to grab the phone and i hit the sidewalk (90 degree clif style this time) near my house.

i was doing about 30mph and scraped it with the side of my wheel which blew out the sidewall and i had to change the tire (great experience bad way to implement it)

both the cars are stick shifts and my dads is a piece of junk that has crappy steering and horrible response.

anyways i know how stupid the drifting was and i cant believe i actually did it, but im glad it happened and that i stopped before i hurt someone or myself.

now when im actually driving on the roads im a good driver :) believe it or not
i watch everything and always anticipate what another car might do and i think about possible options before it happens if it even does.
i drive with one or two fingers on the horn and have a fast response time.

ive had a few run ins with stupid drivers trying to pull out in front of me to make a left without yielding to me on the main street with my green light.
started honking and hitting the brakes the second i saw him move, i had plenty of room and everything ended up fine.

one of my favorites was when i was crossing a main street perpendicularly from one small street into another
it was totally clear other then one car who was coming and about to make a left but i was there first and he was a bit off.

well he decided to make a left into the street i was going straight into as i was in the middle of the road.

oh and the lady that made a left into the second lane as i was making a u turn.
well my truck went into the 3rd lane but i was still steering sharply to get into the 2nd lane because the 3rd one was blocked off with huge construction barrels about 5 ft in front of me.
lady decided to make a left into the right lane instead of the left one like shes supposed to and almost hits my door head on.

idk if she thought i was going to hit the signs and keep going or what but that was an interesting one.

ohhhh and the guy that got out of his car to scream at me about how i was a horrible driver and how i was going to cause an accident and proceeded to try to get me out of the car so that he ( ohh maybe 45 years old) could wail on a 16 year old and teach me how to be a real man.

did i mention i was the passenger in the car and my friend was driving
and that he had cut us off almost hitting us

yet somehow im the punk whos going to cause an accident without having access to the wheel or gas pedal

anyways ill get off my soap box now and stop ranting about Vegas drivers.

edit: MAN i still cant get over how stupid i was with the whole drifting thing, id have to say that was the stupidest thing ive done in life so far
and i know you cops are thinking about how i could have killed a kid or person doing it, and i know
thats why i dont even go 5 over the speed limit anymore, and i drive a lot like an old man now
but thats a good thing i suppose as long as i keep the speedometer up to the speed limit and not 20 below

teog
12-13-2007, 08:32
I run on multiple accidents a week. It always seem to be young males who are the culprit.

Mtrewyn
12-13-2007, 10:25
*sigh*

Sorry but I don't know how you could be a "good driver" your 16

No matter what you have done, where you have been, or who you have talked to, your 16.

Now you may have potential to be an excellent driver but not now.

Especially after 2 wrecks, and really booth of then as you say stupid things that you did, don't blame the car. they only do what the driver tells them to do, they don't think on their own.

I've seen alot of wrecks come into the ER and believe it or not it is the very young, and the very old that seem to cause the wrecks "timid and insecure" I believe that is what was stated earlier.

adv_diver1
12-13-2007, 10:48
Well said Mtrewyn.... My son is 16 and he thinks he is a great driver... HE SUX!!! I still have not let him out on his own yet for the fear of the post above.

mpd525
12-13-2007, 11:58

I must say, I'm probably one of the best and safest drivers out of the people I know. And I truly believe that is because of my cousin and my sister. My cousin was a racer and taught me how to really *feel* a car and be in control. My sister was also a "fast" driver and taught me how to stay calm and see everything. I learned at 16 years old, and got my first ticket at 19, and haven't gotten one since, or ever been in an accident. And my dad picked up a side hobby of working on my old car (and all the family cars) and I wanted to learn, so somehow know I more about cars than a lot of guys I know. And NO, I'm not a "tom-boy", I'm actually very much a girly-girl (just well rounded :D).

It really all comes down to being confident and aware of your surroundings. Practice makes perfect, but you really shouldn't be alone on the road until you're ready.

Well i'm gonna have to go with a big fat WRONG on this, trust me i've seen it, i've worked 3x as many wrecks with women on cell phones than men. Teenage girls are the worlds worst, and then you've got the soccer moms in there overpriced entierly too big SUV's who don't know how to drive them or park them for that matter. how bout women putting on makeup, balancing the check book, or god knows what else. I'm not saying that all women are crappy drivers, but a strong majority of them are, and that being said i would say that there are more crappy women drivers, than men. Men drivers tend to be a bit more aggressive in the way they drive, and women are more indecisive. Just from my humble experience.

Hollywood703
12-13-2007, 15:22
I cant wait for the law to take effect so that it is illegal to drive and talk on your cellphone......Seen too many people (yes a lot of women) driving (well thats what they call it) while talking on the cell phone (and not on speakerphone or headset)...It is going to be equivilent to careless driving....

paintsnow
12-14-2007, 01:21
*sigh*

No matter what you have done, where you have been, or who you have talked to, your 16.

Especially after 2 wrecks, and really booth of then as you say stupid things that you did, don't blame the car. they only do what the driver tells them to do, they don't think on their own.

I've seen alot of wrecks come into the ER and believe it or not it is the very young, and the very old that seem to cause the wrecks "timid and insecure" I believe that is what was stated earlier.

i never blamed the cars, i said that I forgot to counter steer and that the tires eventually grabbed like they are supposed to and that I looked down to get the phone. (not trying to be rude with the bold and stuff just want it to stick out)

and with the truck thing, i know it was my fault for taking my eyes off the road even if i was doing 30, but if my dad steering wasn't messed up i would have had more time to look up again.
im constantly turning the wheel to the left just to go straight in his truck.

and why cant i be a good driver as a 16 y/o (again not trying to be rude, i just dont understand where your coming from)

i might not have as much experience as older people but i can still be a good driver so far right?

although i guess you consider the events accidents i tend to look at it as the first one as my stupidity getting knocked out of me and the 2nd one, well, my parents tell me to never talk on the phone when driving and dont let me when im in the car with them even if its the other one, but if i dont answer when they call i get in trouble. i dont even pick up for my friends because i need the hand to shift and cant talk while driving, and even if i could i wouldn't because its dangerous. its still my responsibility as the driver to watch the road, and i shouldn't have worried about getting yelled at if i was driving.

but as far as driving around other cars, isnt being a good driver centered a lot upon figuring out what other cars might do and being ready?
thats why teens get in accidents, because they turn up the radio, push down the gas and don't pay attention.

anyways, if that doesn't make sense, im sorry. just got home from work and im tired

danielh03
12-14-2007, 02:05
I am not going to say women should not drive.... But you know, I had a hard time keeping a strait face when my wife came hold and told me she had just rear-ended someone. That wasn't the worst of it, the car was stopped at a 4 way, and it had a light bar on the roof. For some reason, as soon as she struck the car, it came on a nice pretty shade of blue!

Streamline
12-14-2007, 07:30

Well i'm gonna have to go with a big fat WRONG on this, trust me i've seen it, i've worked 3x as many wrecks with women on cell phones than men. Teenage girls are the worlds worst, and then you've got the soccer moms in there overpriced entierly too big SUV's who don't know how to drive them or park them for that matter. how bout women putting on makeup, balancing the check book, or god knows what else. I'm not saying that all women are crappy drivers, but a strong majority of them are, and that being said i would say that there are more crappy women drivers, than men. Men drivers tend to be a bit more aggressive in the way they drive, and women are more indecisive. Just from my humble experience.

Lets open up that narrow mind of yours ... because your personal experience means squat. I think I will put my trust in the statistics that the car insurance companies go by, as opposed to what you're extensive experience (sarcasm) has witnessed.

Factors That Affect Your Car Insurance Rates (http://www.carinsurancerates.com/news/146-factors-that-affect-your-car-insurance-rates.html)

" ...The other major demographic factors are gender, marital status, and geography. Married women pose the least risk to insurers, and unmarried men present the most. ... "

Oh yes ... and these married women are not just driving to and from work, they make multiple stops to schools, grocery stores, etc., they are dealing with their screaming kids in the car, avoiding collisions with aggressive male drivers and fighting that uncontrolable urge to talk on the phone (sarcasm).

Mtrewyn
12-15-2007, 00:08
*sigh*

i never blamed the cars, i said that I forgot to counter steer and that the tires eventually grabbed like they are supposed to and that I looked down to get the phone. (not trying to be rude with the bold and stuff just want it to stick out)

and with the truck thing, i know it was my fault for taking my eyes off the road even if i was doing 30, but if my dad steering wasn't messed up i would have had more time to look up again.

and why cant i be a good driver as a 16 y/o (again not trying to be rude, i just dont understand where your coming from)

i might not have as much experience as older people but i can still be a good driver so far right?

although i guess you consider the events accidents i tend to look at it as the first one as my stupidity getting knocked out of me and the 2nd one, well, my parents tell me to never talk on the phone when driving and dont let me when im in the car with them even if its the other one, but if i dont answer when they call i get in trouble. i dont even pick up for my friends because i need the hand to shift and cant talk while driving, and even if i could i wouldn't because its dangerous. its still my responsibility as the driver to watch the road, and i shouldn't have worried about getting yelled at if i was driving.

but as far as driving around other cars, isnt being a good driver centered a lot upon figuring out what other cars might do and being ready?
thats why teens get in accidents, because they turn up the radio, push down the gas and don't pay attention.

anyways, if that doesn't make sense, im sorry. just got home from work and im tired

You do sound like you are alot more mature than most 16yo but most of what makes a good driver is training and experience, sounds like diving:smiley2:, I would say that you have learned some hard lessons, and grown from them and you are most likely on your way to becoming a VERY good driver, but for now (this is really not fair as I am going on stereotyping) you are 16 and that means you are new (not bad), so I would be hard pressed to believe you are good, safe for a 16yo maybe, but not good, I'm 35 have not had a ticket for 16 yrs, and spent almost all of my driving years in areas where we get lots of "Ice" and snow, driving high performance cars, on and off track, even had some formal classes on "Defensive" driving techniques and still don't think of myself as "Good", Safe, by all means yes, but good is a little too much for me to say,

Keep your head on straight, and pay attention and you'll get there, and you sound like you are trying, and that says alot about you, that's good!

paintsnow
12-15-2007, 02:08
*sigh*

You do sound like you are alot more mature than most 16yo but most of what makes a good driver is training and experience, sounds like diving:smiley2:, I would say that you have learned some hard lessons, and grown from them and you are most likely on your way to becoming a VERY good driver, but for now (this is really not fair as I am going on stereotyping) you are 16 and that means you are new (not bad), so I would be hard pressed to believe you are good, safe for a 16yo maybe, but not good, I'm 35 have not had a ticket for 16 yrs, and spent almost all of my driving years in areas where we get lots of "Ice" and snow, driving high performance cars, on and off track, even had some formal classes on "Defensive" driving techniques and still don't think of myself as "Good", Safe, by all means yes, but good is a little too much for me to say,

Keep your head on straight, and pay attention and you'll get there, and you sound like you are trying, and that says alot about you, that's good!

First of all

Thank you
thank you for not treating me like a punk @$$ kid
anyways
i think everybody has a different definition of "good"
now that i think about it, the term could apply only to nascar drivers who heel/toe shift and double clutch
they might be "good" drivers.

i guess i was thinking of it as lacking the stupidity most people display today (running red lights, eating, cell phones, makeup, texting, all at once).

and even being a safe driver means nothing in las vegas.
you could be doing exactly what you were supposed to when a drunk driver comes out of no where and kills you. happens all the time

but hey, if i was worried about that i wouldnt leave the house to go to school or especially dive, but then again, even staying at home isnt always safe.

thanks again for treating me like a human being instead of something thats incapable of thinking.

Mtrewyn
12-15-2007, 19:14
Paintsnow,

You don't come off like a "punk" kid at all, and I always try and treat people like I want to be treated.

We were all there at one time or another, so any one that acts differently or seems to not understand, is probably not worth your time to listen to.

timgpp
02-10-2008, 13:48
wait a minute on all of this all young drivers are bad crap. I am 17, and have never had an accident, or a ticket. saying that all women are bad drivers is ok, but saying that all young drivers are bad is crossing the line.

Grizbear98
02-10-2008, 15:31
Now wait a second:
It's okay to say that all women are bad drivers, because you aren't one,
but it's not okay to say that all young drivers are bad because you are one?

Goober
02-10-2008, 15:51
:smilie40:

pyre24
02-10-2008, 19:38
as with anything, it is experience will make you better, ragrdless of age or gender.

Suther2136
02-10-2008, 19:49
Come on boys grow up a little. The next time some one is tailgating you going 80, bet you a bundle it's a guy.

Streamline
02-10-2008, 20:47
wait a minute on all of this all young drivers are bad crap. I am 17, and have never had an accident, or a ticket. saying that all women are bad drivers is ok, but saying that all young drivers are bad is crossing the line.

OK, I will fall for the bait ...
You have been driving for one whole year and not had an accident !!! congratulations!! I have been driving for over 20 and not had one ... and I'm a woman:banana:. Anyway, all young drivers are not bad ... they are inexperienced and lack confidence (BTW if you are confident at 17 - you are delusional :spin:and therefore ... a bad driver, but with age and EXPERIENCE ... you will become a good driver).

The bottom line is ... play safe! Don't :anim_beer:and drive (or dive), you are driving a weapon, anticipate the errors of others and learn from their mistakes (if it makes you mad .. don't do it to another driver ... if you appreciate it, do it to another driver) and .... no one is too cool to take a cab.

marchand
02-10-2008, 21:26
Wait a second, it was a middle aged lady who but raped my friends (18) truck with her cars front end because she wasn't paying attention. Traffic came to a complete stop in one lane on the expressway (which we had to stay in or we would miss the exit) and my friend was at the back of the line, so he turned on his emergency flashers (ironically) and then checked his mirror in time to see that the car behind him was not stopping. He almost got into the left lane, but his pickup doesn't have that much pickup and the lady, who didn't even swerve after hitting her brakes, tagged him real good. I think her bumper actually touched the trucks rear tire. Fortunately no one was hurt, and my friends truck wasn't damaged too badly (her car was totaled).

moral of the story: women are bad drivers, and young males can be just as good drivers as the old guys.

Streamline
02-10-2008, 21:55
Wait a second, it was a middle aged lady who but raped my friends (18) truck with her cars front end because she wasn't paying attention. Traffic came to a complete stop in one lane on the expressway (which we had to stay in or we would miss the exit) and my friend was at the back of the line, so he turned on his emergency flashers (ironically) and then checked his mirror in time to see that the car behind him was not stopping. He almost got into the left lane, but his pickup doesn't have that much pickup and the lady, who didn't even swerve after hitting her brakes, tagged him real good. I think her bumper actually touched the trucks rear tire. Fortunately no one was hurt, and my friends truck wasn't damaged too badly (her car was totaled).

moral of the story: women are bad drivers, and young males can be just as good drivers as the old guys.

Part of being a good driver is being a defensive driver (he should have avoided it). There are much more bad drivers than good ... but they don't necessarily come with hooters :SHOCKED:, they come is all ages, sexes and races (just ask your insurance adjustor :Thud:)... Give your head (the one on top of your neck) a shake.

icandy6298
02-10-2008, 21:59
I am a better driver than any man OR woman I personally know. All my friends agree!!!!:smiley2:

Suther2136
02-11-2008, 11:57
I am a better driver than any man OR woman I personally know. All my friends agree!!!!:smiley2:

Congratulations, I'm sure your mother is very proud of you.

emcbride81
02-11-2008, 13:21

amen to that!

Grizbear98
02-11-2008, 14:40
hmm yet it was a middle aged man who took the mirror off the car in the parking lot...

and then proceeded to drive away after we watched him do it

marchand
02-11-2008, 17:20

Part of being a good driver is being a defensive driver (he should have avoided it). There are much more bad drivers than good ... but they don't necessarily come with hooters :SHOCKED:, they come is all ages, sexes and races (just ask your insurance adjuster :Thud:)... Give your head (the one on top of your neck) a shake.

He avoided being pushed into the car in front of him, and almost avoided the collision. It would have been impossible for him to have reacted any quicker. There are some accidents that are unavoidable, such as this one, and my friend did a good job at minimizing damage.

It was also a younger woman who rear ended me and didn't even try to slow down; actually, she hit the car behind me (we were both stopped) while going 40 and he was pushed into me.

And an older lady, who was making a right turn onto a four lane road (two lanes in each direction), pulled out in front of me (I was in the far lane); fortunately, I was able to get into the median.

It always seems to be the women who are trying to hit me.

Goober
02-11-2008, 17:51

Part of being a good driver is being a defensive driver (he should have avoided it). There are much more bad drivers than good ... but they don't necessarily come with hooters :SHOCKED:, they come is all ages, sexes and races (just ask your insurance adjuster :Thud:)... Give your head (the one on top of your neck) a shake.

He avoided being pushed into the car in front of him, and almost avoided the collision. It would have been impossible for him to have reacted any quicker. There are some accidents that are unavoidable, such as this one, and my friend did a good job at minimizing damage.

It was also a younger woman who rear ended me and didn't even try to slow down; actually, she hit the car behind me (we were both stopped) while going 40 and he was pushed into me.

And an older lady, who was making a right turn onto a four lane road (two lanes in each direction), pulled out in front of me (I was in the far lane); fortunately, I was able to get into the median.

And at 18 I'm sure you have had years of personal experiance to justify your perception. After all please don't tell me that you have definative confirmation through scientific data that you are correct. My son is 17, and has been driving for close to a year now. I read your posts and find it a shame that you continually argue with time and experiance as you do.

Just as I find it frustrating that I can not reach my own child sometimes with wisdom only achieved by time. How could I have been so blind as to think people twice your age might be able to enlighten you.

Suther2136
02-11-2008, 18:50
Goober,

You're wasting your breath arguing kids.

Soon to be a grouper,
Suther

Streamline
02-11-2008, 21:12

maybe its because your so darn cute!!

marchand
02-11-2008, 22:43

And at 18 I'm sure you have had years of personal experience to justify your perception. After all please don't tell me that you have definitive confirmation through scientific data that you are correct. My son is 17, and has been driving for close to a year now. I read your posts and find it a shame that you continually argue with time and experience as you do.

Just as I find it frustrating that I can not reach my own child sometimes with wisdom only achieved by time. How could I have been so blind as to think people twice your age might be able to enlighten you.

I'm sorry if I presented my personal experience as fact; it was unintentional.

Also, I was not arguing with experience, I was arguing with a statement that was made buy a person who wasn't in a position to make it. I completely agree with Streamline's view that good drivers come in all sexes, ages, and races.

additionally, I did not include the last two examples to make a point, they were only there to set up the last line.

All I'm trying to say is that young drivers can be as aware and respond as well to driving situations as more experienced drivers. Just like any other activity some people are naturally better at driving than others.

Streamline
02-12-2008, 08:10

... It always seems to be the women who are trying to hit me.

And at 18 I'm sure you have had years of personal experience to justify your perception. After all please don't tell me that you have definitive confirmation through scientific data that you are correct. My son is 17, and has been driving for close to a year now. I read your posts and find it a shame that you continually argue with time and experience as you do.

Also, I was not arguing with experience, I was arguing with a statement that was made buy a person who wasn't in a position to make it. I completely agree with Streamline's view that good drivers come in all sexes, ages, and races.

additionally, I did not include the last two examples to make a point, they were only there to set up the last line.

All I'm trying to say is that young drivers can be as aware and respond as well to driving situations as more experienced drivers. Just like any other activity some people are naturally better at driving than others.

Congratulations Goober :smiley20: ... Looks like some back-peddling has occured

hoobascooba
02-12-2008, 08:44
just adding my 2 psi - some of the best drivers I know, are WOMEN truck drivers!

and who'd have thought, my mother taught me how to drive. And she's blind in her left eye, she's one of the best drivers I know.

Goober
02-12-2008, 15:26

... It always seems to be the women who are trying to hit me.

And at 18 I'm sure you have had years of personal experience to justify your perception. After all please don't tell me that you have definitive confirmation through scientific data that you are correct. My son is 17, and has beedriving for close to a year now. I read your posts and find it a shame that you continually argue with time and experience as you do.

Congratulations Goober :smiley20: ... Looks like some back-peddling has occured

Marchland,

If you are goin to appologize for something let it be for the whole "Moral Of The Story" remark. After all, you appologize for a miss interpretation and before your post is over, you have hit us with it again. Streamline had an excellent point...use the head on your shoulders. Just because it is your perception that women are bad drivers, does not mean that holds water with the rest of the world.
It is a long running gag in the world just like dumb blondes. No more no less.

If you insist on beliving that babies (and yes, I'm refering to children your age) can be as good a driver as someone with years of experiance, go right ahead. It will be statements in this thread that will make you sick to your stomach in the years to come. Simply because you refused to hear what people are trying to tell you.

There is only a small loop hole in all this.

Everyday driving is not even close to that that takes place on a track under race conditions where it is an undeniable fact that sometimes a youngen comes along with the gift, and spanks those who have been at it for years under prestine conditions. Throw in a couple of kinks during the race though and they fold like a lawn chair.

Same could be said for Gymnasts and Figure Skaters or Musicians. I've seen talent in youths that is pure virtuoso. However all situations are in controlled enviroments so to speak. Requiring years and years of devotion and dedication to practice as well as learning the principles and logistics to reach that state of excellence.

I am not trying to flame you, that simply is not my intention. Nor am I going to get into some long drawn out debate about it. You do however, need a good dose of clear thinking. Or as alchoholics would say "a moment of clarity". Stop being so stubborn. Your inability to see the light only proves my whole point. Your acting like a typical 18 year old.

Don't make such statements with conviction like you do baised on your beliefs. Simple fact is your wrong, and that is "The Moral Of The Story". Furthermore an appology is in order to all the women who frequent this forum.

timgpp
02-20-2008, 16:55
ok, but you all need to focus on the point of this thred, that women shouldn't be driving. this is not about the youth of americas inability to stay in their own lane, but about the women of the worlds inability to stay any where on the road.

reeldive
02-20-2008, 21:12
When ever my wife and I go anywhere together, she drives. She may or may not be the better driver but she sure is, BY FAR, the worst passenger!

Goober
02-21-2008, 02:55
ok, but you all need to focus on the point of this thred, that women shouldn't be driving. this is not about the youth of americas inability to stay in their own lane, but about the women of the worlds inability to stay any where on the road.

And maybe you should "focus" and read things completely. That situation has been addressed, and that dog won't hunt.

MicahEW
02-21-2008, 10:37
I would love for Danica Partick to teach me to drive...

timgpp
04-12-2008, 21:02
I would love for Danica Partick to teach me to drive...
you woman

Ohio_diver16
04-12-2008, 23:53
I'm fine with women drivers - as long as they understand that the LEFT lane means FAST - and FAST DOES NOT mean the speed limit. On the other hand - PLEASE! EVERYONE Hung up when you're driving, or use handsfree or bluetooth. Seriously, I've had one too many close calls with both men and women who are more concerned about their shiny new phone in their ear to pay any attention to the road! If I die, I'll be dead I won't care anymore, but when I have kids in the car and your phone causes an accident - Hope to hell you killed me anyway.

timgpp
04-14-2008, 19:10
ya, those women driving in the left lane going sixty on the highway, and the other ones passing on the right. then up ahead, you look, and see a car start to drift into a semi, swerve out at the last minute, and then when you pass them on the left, you see it is a women on the phone

DivingCRNA
04-14-2008, 21:00
My wife is a TERRIBLE driver, and knows it. I get motion sick from the accelerating and decelerating. Every corner is on 2 wheels and she has had so many accidents that she only gets to drive used cars. No more new cars paid for by me!

Sounder
04-15-2008, 11:26
My wife is a great driver, but neither of us will ride when her mother is driving.

EuphoriaII
04-15-2008, 21:40
Naww, they drive fine.

http://allworldcars.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/women-drivers-8.jpg

fkostyun
04-15-2008, 22:19
Well, the three rollovers I have witnessed have been women. But, as a whole - I'm in Phoenix, AZ - home of "snowbirds" and let me tell you what - there worse than any female driver out there - and there always driving these land yachts that they have no business driving. (I saw one this weekend, ~40 ft diesel pusher, pulling a pickup truck, and a GOLF CART in the pickup truck.) There doing 55 in the left lane (speed limit is 65, traffic flow is 75 to 80.)

matt151617
04-30-2008, 00:29
There's so many bad drivers out there. I think it's about equal. I see more men doing stupid stuff with speed and being aggressive, and I see more women doing something else while driving or not focusing on the task of driving.

obrules15
04-30-2008, 07:50

Oh, bite me!!!!