PDA

View Full Version : Insta Dry leg/ankle zipper?

alkiguy
11-21-2007, 01:28
I'm going to buy an Insta Dry suit and I tried it on at the local dive shop for fit, but the suits they had didn't have zippers at the ankle. Rumor has it that Henderson made some improvements to the Insta Dry including zippers.

Can anyone confirm?
Have they made other improvements to the suit?

CompuDude
11-21-2007, 03:15
Per this (http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-101/048509/Henderson-7mm-Insta-Dry-Jumpsuit.html) store, you're right, it sounds like they have added them.

My InstaDry suit does not have them, and while I think it would probably benefit from having them, I wouldn't use it as a reason to not buy the suit. I've been doing just fine without them. And the fact that you're considering older stock may give you some negotiation room as to price...

alkiguy
11-22-2007, 16:39
I spoke with a customer service rep yesterday at henderson. She said they've made a few improvements to the suits: 1) Zippers to the ankles 2) new sealer on the seams 3) new kneepads

I ordered one from scubatoys. it's being shipped from Henderson directly (they're out of stock). I'm hoping/expecting it will be of the latest vintage.

WestTnDiver
11-23-2007, 10:04
Good luck with the improved suit. I've had issues with all three things. Having zippers should help get the suit on easier, plus make it possible to put your boots inside the suit rather than outside. Mine was so tight there was no way I could get the leg over the boot.
Be careful pulling the suit up onto your body. Mine gave way in the areas where several seams meet. They don't sew on reinforcing patches in those areas. My suit fit so well was difficult to get on or off. I found wetting the inside and wetting down my arms and legs helped. A DM in Bonaire suggested something called Suit Juice, made for triathletes, which really helped.
I also had both kneepads come loose so maybe they're using a better glue.

Jaws-snack
04-10-2008, 16:30
I just got a new insta-dry, and it has ankle zippers, which makes life much easier.:smiley36:

DollFin
04-18-2008, 13:11
I have a Gold Core suit that does not have ankle zippers and I am seriously thinking of having them put in! Not so much for getting the suit ON, but my problem is getting it OFF - it's a PITA to pull it over my ankles and heels after a dive, and I've had to ask for help - ankle zippers would really be a help there!