PDA

View Full Version : Tusa RD2 Rolling Dufflel Bag

stranger
11-21-2007, 08:54
I'm looking at this bag (Tusa RD2 Rolling Dufflel Bag, Dive Bags, Tusa, Tusa RD2 Rolling Dufflel Bag (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=TusaRD2)) and have a few questions. I hope someone out there can help me.

Do the fins will really fit in the pockets?

Will the bag hold an entire set of dive gear; 3mil westuit, bcd, etc? I plan on carrying my reg and mask on with me.

Anyone have this bag and can toss some feedback (negative or positive) my way?

Thanks

SoSiouxme
12-02-2007, 14:21
I have this bag and I love it. My fins fit in the fin pockets (but wear a women's size 7 shoes). Before I bought it, the folks at scubatoys put some of my size fins in the pockets to make sure.

It's durable, roomy and doesn't scream "Scuba Gear."

I can pack an entire set of gear in the bag plus have room for clothes, etc.

It is the only bag I took (aside from a small backpack as a carry-on) for a 3 week trip to Thailand and Hong Kong where I need gear for a liveaboard plus clothes for Hong Kong. Plus, it collapses so will fit under a bunk in a liveaboard.

I would get it.

stranger
12-03-2007, 19:23
I actually just finished packing one of these. I was able to fit two sets of gear in; masks/regs/computers go in the carry-on. I need to weigh the bag as it is to see if it will meet the 50lb limit, but it's a really nice bag.

There's PLENTY of room for other clothes, etc. with only one set of gear.

tedolf_bundler
07-24-2008, 19:42
I have had this bag for three years. It fits two complete warm water dive sets with 0.5mm full suits. Computers/cameras go in our carry on bags. Weight with bag is about 47 Lbs. Just under airline 50 lb. limit. If gear is not totally dry you will be a few lbs. over!

BlueC5Kitten
08-18-2008, 20:29
I have this bag and I love it. My fins fit in the fin pockets (but wear a women's size 7 shoes). Before I bought it, the folks at scubatoys put some of my size fins in the pockets to make sure.

It's durable, roomy and doesn't scream "Scuba Gear."

I can pack an entire set of gear in the bag plus have room for clothes, etc.

It is the only bag I took (aside from a small backpack as a carry-on) for a 3 week trip to Thailand and Hong Kong where I need gear for a liveaboard plus clothes for Hong Kong. Plus, it collapses so will fit under a bunk in a liveaboard.

I would get it.

What type of fins do you have? How well did it hold up with the airline baggage handling? Looks like a great bag for the price, but I want to be sure it is durable at that price! http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/cheers2.gif

WaterRat
08-19-2008, 23:31
It's durable. Wife and I have 1 each and they have flown to Florida twice and cozumel once. Drug it through the streets of Playa and plus the local trips around TX. Can't even tell they've traveled. No damage at all after 2 years.

Ron

mr_tabasco
08-20-2008, 08:00
I have this bag too. I get two sets of gear in it and it seems very durable. I haven't traveled with it yet but it seems very well put together with quality material. I was very surprised at the room the bag is huge but doesn't look that big. The only concern I had wa if it was too big for airlines.

Boy
07-21-2009, 21:52
This bag is incredibly durable, i'm also able to fit two sets of gear in.:smiley2:

Jaymeany
07-21-2009, 23:08
Ditto..I love the bag. my fullfoot splits fit great but open heal is a squeeze. There fore I have decided to only travel where I can wear full foot fins :)