PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Stilleto

coralcrazed
11-21-2007, 23:34
Just wondering how many of you out there have this BC... I just purchased this a few months ago and it is SUUUUUUUPER! I love it soooo much. It fits so perfectly and is super comfy. Nice travel BC if anyone is out there looking to get one.

coralcrazed
11-21-2007, 23:36
Forgot to mention the most important part. The service there at Zeagle is top notch. You won't find a btter company out there. They helped me with sizing. they are super to work with.

bjoseph
12-06-2007, 15:29
I have seen this BC in the store. Its pretty nice and very reasonably priced. I am actually thinking about getting 2 BCD's now. Something like a Stilleto or Brigade for rec and travelling, and then either a Tech or a backplate & Wings setup for doubles.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to move an AIR 2 setup from one BCD to another? I am considering either an Aqualung Airsource 3 or an Atomic Aquatics SS1.

loudgonzo
12-06-2007, 15:47
I have seen this BC in the store. Its pretty nice and very reasonably priced. I am actually thinking about getting 2 BCD's now. Something like a Stilleto or Brigade for rec and travelling, and then either a Tech or a backplate & Wings setup for doubles.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to move an AIR 2 setup from one BCD to another? I am considering either an Aqualung Airsource 3 or an Atomic Aquatics SS1.

I don't know about the AIR 2, but the BC itself is perfect for traveling. It packs small and very easy to rinse in a hotel bathtub.

ScubaToys Larry
12-06-2007, 16:35
If you do the Zeagle Octo inflator, it unscrews (you can run a garden hose into it for rinsing the BC) and we can get extra pieces that attach to the BC so you could just unscrew it from one, and screw it on the other.

Zeagle Octo Z Combination Regulator/Inflator, Octos, Zeagle, Zeagle Octo Z Combination Regulator/Inflator (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleOctoZ)

Without that option, it's going to be a cut and replace zip ties each time.

wdstauter
01-02-2008, 19:09
I've heard good things about the Stilleto. I'm torn between the stilleto and Brigade. A couple of divemaster buddies swear by the stilleto. Any advice or suggestions?

ScottZeagle
01-03-2008, 09:01
Need more info...

What type of diving are you planning to do?

How much weight do you need?

Drysuit or wetsuit??

etc.

wdstauter
01-03-2008, 15:46
Scott,
Thanks for responding. Warm water, wetsuit. I use about 8lbs weight. Travel to Mexico and the Caribbean and Florida most often. By the way, my parents live in Holiday, FL and used to live in Sefner, which is right in your neighborhood. Looking for something that travels well, but is durable.

bjoseph
01-03-2008, 16:24
Have you seen the ad on the Zeagle website for the Stiletto Extreme??

Stiletto Extreme Zeagle Systems - Scuba Diving Equipment Manufacturer (http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=Stiletto_Extreme&category=Recreational%20BCs)

It looks like a nice setup. Hey Scott.... what's the price on this bad boy... can it be purchased without the psychadelic color scheme? Maybe in black or red?

Merxlin
01-03-2008, 16:48

Stiletto Extreme Zeagle Systems - Scuba Diving Equipment Manufacturer (http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=Stiletto_Extreme&category=Recreational%20BCs)

It looks like a nice setup. Hey Scott.... what's the price on this bad boy... can it be purchased without the psychadelic color scheme? Maybe in black or red?

That looks like a very nice complete system. I'm interested in the price as well.

So, if you could get it in blue camo, will it look like your tank is just hanging out on your back?

wdstauter
01-03-2008, 17:15
The link is great. I do like the looks of the Stiletto extreme. I also saw the Escape. (I get distracted easily!) How does that compare for durability and travel with the stiletto?

ScottZeagle
01-04-2008, 09:07
Scott,
Thanks for responding. Warm water, wetsuit. I use about 8lbs weight. Travel to Mexico and the Caribbean and Florida most often. By the way, my parents live in Holiday, FL and used to live in Sefner, which is right in your neighborhood. Looking for something that travels well, but is durable.

If you are looking for soley a warm water, single tank BC, I would say the Stiletto is a good choice. I have been diving one since the proto-type days and I love that BC.....but I am a single tank, warm water diver.

ScottZeagle
01-04-2008, 09:09

Retail on it is about $1300 or so, from what I recall.

The buyer can pick any colors or color combinations...it doesn't have to be the one shown in the pic.

Keep in mind that you get the pony bottle kit, including tank and reg, the signal tube kit, etc. for that price....not just the BC.

When the magazine asked for "cutting edge" BCs, we felt that this was something that we could do, which few other BC manufacturers could offer....

:)

azdiver
01-19-2008, 16:28
Scott,

If you are looking for soley a warm water, single tank BC, I would say the Stiletto is a good choice. I have been diving one since the proto-type days and I love that BC.....but I am a single tank, warm water diver.

I'm strictly warm water, single tank and tend to fly either to the caribbean or to the other side of the globe. I've been considering the Zena, Escape and Scout and now will think about the Stiletto / LaZer. Which would you recommend and why.... I'm looking for light and packable! I figure that if I go with the Scout I would just put weights in the zippered pockets. Can you tell me what the bc's weigh dry?

bversteegh
01-19-2008, 20:56
I just bought a Brigade for my Christmas present to me:smiley2:, and tried it out for a few dives in Hawaii 2 weeks ago. Really a sweet BC. It comes standard with front and rear weight pockets, so really easy to trim out; plenty of D-rings and pockets, and packs pretty decent; which is important to me, as most of my diving is remote Indonesia; where size matters...

I also considered the Stilletto (which is also a sweet BC), which is just a little lighter; but the Brigade is cheaper, has more pockets-and fits like a glove. In the end, I decided I would spend difference on a new AI computer:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

RonFrank
01-19-2008, 21:23
My Stiletto is the BC I travel with. For local drysuit diving I use a BP/W.

I've been using Zeagle products since day one of my certification, and I have been nothing but happy with my DS50/ZX, and the Stiletto. Zeagle customer service is as good as it get's.

RonFrank
01-19-2008, 21:28
I am actually thinking about getting 2 BCD's now. Something like a Stilleto or Brigade for rec and travelling, and then either a Tech or a backplate & Wings setup for doubles.

I'd get in some diving before spending the bank on equipment. The Stiletto is a great travel BC. For Tech diving, I'd avoid the Octo/Inflator. It won't go over too well with most Tech diving instructors and not at all if you do GUE training.

You can purchase an Octo for under $100, and if you go the tech route, that is a drop in the equipment expense bucket.

azdiver
01-20-2008, 09:24
You're definitely better off just getting an octo instead of an octo/inflator.... I've had the same regulator gear for almsot 20 years now and have never (well almost never) considered chaning to different one. Personally, I think that combining your octo with inflator limits you in a life threatening situation

ScottZeagle
01-21-2008, 12:18
I'm strictly warm water, single tank and tend to fly either to the caribbean or to the other side of the globe. I've been considering the Zena, Escape and Scout and now will think about the Stiletto / LaZer. Which would you recommend and why.... I'm looking for light and packable! I figure that if I go with the Scout I would just put weights in the zippered pockets. Can you tell me what the bc's weigh dry?

If I were a female, I would use the Zena BC. It is lightweight, packs up small, and doesn't weight much at all. My wife uses one and loves it.

As for the dry weight of the BCs...here are a few. I used a size medium on each, so +/- a small amount.

Zena - 6.2 lbs.
Scout - 6.7 lbs.
Escape - 6.8 lbs.
Lazer - 6.9 lbs.
Stiletto - 7.4 lbs.
Ranger - 8.4 lbs.

Hope that helps...

Scott

azdiver
01-21-2008, 17:34

If I were a female, I would use the Zena BC. It is lightweight, packs up small, and doesn't weight much at all. My wife uses one and loves it.

As for the dry weight of the BCs...here are a few. I used a size medium on each, so +/- a small amount.

Zena - 6.2 lbs.
Scout - 6.7 lbs.
Escape - 6.8 lbs.
Lazer - 6.9 lbs.
Stiletto - 7.4 lbs.
Ranger - 8.4 lbs.

Hope that helps...

Scott

that definitely does help me narrow it down a bit. i might have to have st send me a zena and escape to try on. i've tried on a scout that a shop had here so i know what the fit on that one is like. i'm leaning towards the zena but just don't know if that corset will feel too restrictive. i'm using a riptide grace now and love it but need something a little easier to pack as i'm trying to take EVERYTHING on the plane with me :-)

charlesml3
02-01-2008, 12:39
I think that combining your octo with inflator limits you in a life threatening situation

How so?

scuba pup
02-28-2008, 19:31
if you have to detach the inflator ..you lose that alt air octo

rye_a
02-28-2008, 23:32
Got the Stiletto and LOVE it!

scuba pup
02-29-2008, 09:08
i bought the zena for my wife and she loves it .
with the corset she says its the most free she has ever felt in a bc
we use to hire bc's for her until now so she has tried many brands and styles
for a lady go the zena !!!

charlesml3
02-29-2008, 11:54
if you have to detach the inflator ..you lose that alt air octo

Why would I have to do that? And if so, how is it a "life threatening situation?"

doczerothree
02-29-2008, 11:59
pretty cool system. enjoy!

scuba pup
03-02-2008, 20:43
its a standard procedure..
if the inflator sticks/jams(debris)
you r trained to dis conect the inflator hose to stop your bc from inflating
thus having a run away accent
you can still continue the dive (orally inflating if you have to )
but with a combo inflator/octo you lose your atlernate air

rye_a
03-02-2008, 21:26
its a standard procedure..
if the inflator sticks/jams(debris)
you r trained to dis conect the inflator hose to stop your bc from inflating
thus having a run away accent
you can still continue the dive (orally inflating if you have to )
but with a combo inflator/octo you lose your atlernate air

I guess I will worry about that when I have a catastrophic failure of my primary second stage (hence, in theory, my octo would still work) AND my BC inflator sticks. Otherwise, I suppose if my BC inflator sticks I will remove my QD for my BC/octo, continue to breathe from my primary, and call the dive.

scuba pup
03-04-2008, 19:33
AND thats what your suppose to do.but its all about redundancy, thats what we teach and thats the value
heck throw caution to the wind ....remove your octo completely and simply make a cesa if your primary fails!
NOT!!!!
redundancy!!!
but wait , your inflater stuck, you abort the dive and your buddy runs out of air on the way up
good thing you trained buddy breathing (or did you)

ps yes im an instructor, and this is not an argument
i favor the inline octo ,its a compromise
bc does bc job, reg's do their job
stay safe

scuba pup
03-04-2008, 19:40
AND thats what your suppose to do.but its all about redundancy, thats what we teach and thats the value
heck throw caution to the wind ....remove your octo completely and simply make a cesa if your primary fails!
NOT!!!!
redundancy!!!
but wait , your inflater stuck, you abort the dive and your buddy runs out of air on the way up
good thing you trained buddy breathing (or did you)

ps yes im an instructor, and this is not an argument
i favor the inline octo ,its a compromise
bc does bc job, reg's do their job
stay safe

scuba pup
03-06-2008, 19:02
sorry i stutter !!

charlesml3
03-10-2008, 13:30
I've heard this argument before and I just don't think it's all that compelling. On a single dive:

1) My power inflator sticks and I have to disconnect it.
2) I experience an OOA condidtion for whatever reason.
3) My buddy is nowhere to be found.

Honestly, what are the odds of this happening? And the last two conditions have nothing to do with an octo-inflator.

The only thing "life threatening" here is poor judgement and training.

-Charles

scuba pup
03-12-2008, 19:46
actually , i agree

whats the chance

but as an instructor why do i train it !!!!?

scuba pup
03-12-2008, 19:49
oh buy the way this is all in relation to having a combo /octo
so the last two points have every thing to do with the topic
the point was disconnected combo (ie no alt air source,BUDDY ooa)

scuba pup
03-12-2008, 19:51
And Whats The Value Of Knowing This Procedure!!

JasonUWPhoto
04-04-2008, 09:04
Earlier in the post people were discussing the extreme. Who actually sells it? I have not seen it anywhere - even at the Zeagle exhibit at BTS last week or at DEMA in Orlando...

harb99
04-04-2008, 11:19

Zena - 6.2 lbs.
Scout - 6.7 lbs.
Escape - 6.8 lbs.
Lazer - 6.9 lbs.
Stiletto - 7.4 lbs.
Ranger - 8.4 lbs.

Scott

Do you happen to know the dry weight of the brigade?

Thanks in advance.

ScottZeagle
04-04-2008, 12:24
Earlier in the post people were discussing the extreme. Who actually sells it? I have not seen it anywhere - even at the Zeagle exhibit at BTS last week or at DEMA in Orlando...

Any dealer can order you one. Due to the fact that part of the "Extreme" appeal is the fact that you can custom pick your colors, you won't see a bunch sitting in dive shops, and it was released after DEMA.

Scuba Diving Magazine actually unveiled it to the world in their BC review.

ScottZeagle
04-04-2008, 12:26

Zena - 6.2 lbs.
Scout - 6.7 lbs.
Escape - 6.8 lbs.
Lazer - 6.9 lbs.
Stiletto - 7.4 lbs.
Ranger - 8.4 lbs.

Scott

Thanks in advance.

Size MD = 7.5lbs

JasonUWPhoto
04-04-2008, 16:35
What kind of pricing could I expect on the Extreme?

harb99
04-04-2008, 21:33

Zena - 6.2 lbs.
Scout - 6.7 lbs.
Escape - 6.8 lbs.
Lazer - 6.9 lbs.
Stiletto - 7.4 lbs.
Ranger - 8.4 lbs.

Scott

Thanks in advance.

Size MD = 7.5lbs

Thanks Scott

ScottZeagle
04-07-2008, 09:30
What kind of pricing could I expect on the Extreme?

I think the retail price was around $1300 or so...

You could call ScubaToys and talk to Joe...he will get you all fixed up, I'm sure!!!

:)

charlesml3
04-07-2008, 14:23
but as an instructor why do i train it !!!!?

I don't know. Why do you train it?

the point was disconnected combo (ie no alt air source,BUDDY ooa)

If you're OOA it doesn't matter if the octo inflater is connected or not. So again, that has nothing to do with that kind of setup.

The post that prompted my response indiciated that using an Octo-Inflater created a life-threatening situation. I have yet to see any compelling argument to that effect.

-Charles