PDA

View Full Version : Looking for spring fin companies

coralcrazed
11-21-2007, 23:39
Just thout of puting this out there. I'm hoping someone out there can help. I'm looking for a list of companies which produce the stainless steel fin spring straps. I know of three myself...

1. Tilos
2. Manta
3. Innovative

anyone else produce them that you know of? thanks

h2odragon1
11-22-2007, 10:34
sea what scuba toys has. before i joined, i bought straps from leisure pro. but see what larry can come up with, (discount?) for being a member.:smilie40:

coralcrazed
11-22-2007, 14:06
sea what scuba toys has. before i joined, i bought straps from leisure pro. but see what larry can come up with, (discount?) for being a member.:smilie40:
Yah! I already asked Larry this and for some reason he has not responded... Probably just busy with his web site changes. I hope he would respond here. I value his opinions.

quasimoto
11-22-2007, 18:31
OMS, Apollo, XS scuba are others. I own a pair of Mantas.

Pretty much they are all the same. Personally I don't like the ones that have a loop on the back. Insert your finger at the side of your foot, run it around to the back and pull out. TADA!
BTW, any with buckles defeat the whole purpose of using spring straps.

missnumnutz
11-22-2007, 18:37
i own a pair bought from LDS that is tagged by Oceanic:smiley20:.. but I don't knowthe actual manufacturer for them sorry

Soonerwink
11-22-2007, 22:15
What fins are they for. I bought some for my twin jets and xpert zooms from Leisure Pro for about 24.95 a little over a year ago. I think the brand was Innovative

kyfriedchipper
11-22-2007, 23:19
I would go w/ the Tilos from ST Tilos Spring Straps, Fins, Tilos, Tilos Spring Straps (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=TilosProDiverSpringStraps)

coralcrazed
11-23-2007, 10:17

would love to understand what you meant by this...

tarheeldiver
11-23-2007, 12:40

He means that the ones with factory like buckles can break just like the strap can Some spring straps have pin where you remove the buckle from your fins and put the pins through the post hole the buckle pivots on. I hope someone can explain it better but maybe this will help. Needless to say I use the Innovative ones for twinjets that have the factory type buckle with no problems plus I love them

quasimoto
11-23-2007, 19:53

I know this is going to come out wrong but it is a failure point. The whole idea of the spring is that it won't break. If you put a buckle on them then there is a possibility of it to break..or come undone.
After chasing one of my Oceanic Vectors to 60' a couple of time I bought spring straps. Every pair of fins that I own now have spring straps. Couldn't pay me to dive a set of fins without them.

BTW, I am female. :D

tarheeldiver
11-24-2007, 09:34
BTW, I am female. :D

my bad :smiley31: