PDA

View Full Version : Almost a night dive!

mm2002
11-22-2007, 16:20
We went diving late Monday afternoon, and when we were done it was right at dusk. I went back out to about 10 ft and played around with my light.....man that is FUN!!!!! I don't know what it was about the darkness, but one of the coolest things were fish coming in to check out the light. That, and I never paid so much attention to bottom details until now. I'm definitely looking forward to real night dives!!

frankc420
11-22-2007, 16:34
Night diving is awesome :)

Soonerwink
11-22-2007, 22:36
Where did you dive at? Freshwater or Salt?

mm2002
11-23-2007, 06:31
Where did you dive at? Freshwater or Salt?

Here at Tablerock. The water is getting chilly but the vis is really improving. I'm scheduling the drysuit class around January, and they agreed to combine that with night dives to count toward my AOW. I'm pretty excited about that!

lovesmexico615
11-23-2007, 09:37
Cool- I'm excited to do my first night dive Wednesday. A little nervous too, but mostly excited!

rach
11-23-2007, 22:25
i JUST got back from a dusk and then a night dive--fantastic! found a seahorse and sand eel...once you start, you'll be totally hooked!

scubajane
11-23-2007, 23:40
I did my first night dive at devil's den in florida. rather odd, there were underwater lights. very odd shadows, it was a confined area so we couldn't get lost. it really messed with my bouancy. I had too many things to think about i kept turning over or floating up to the surface. I've done other niight dives and they were much better.

WV Diver
11-24-2007, 06:54
There needs to be more night diving opportunities on charters and such. Most only do one tank dives once a week. This is why I like to go where I can shore dive as much as I want.

mm2002
11-24-2007, 13:11
i JUST got back from a dusk and then a night dive--fantastic! found a seahorse and sand eel...once you start, you'll be totally hooked!

If I find a seahorse in Tablerock I'll definitely be hooked! :smiley36:

Daved
11-24-2007, 15:45
mm2002--I just
Googled Tablerock--I'llbe amazed if you find a sea horse at there!

rach
11-24-2007, 17:16

If I find a seahorse in Tablerock I'll definitely be hooked! :smiley36:

i did my OW cert at tablerock....got married at point 11! (but you're right; no seahorses)....

ahhh, my two loves: diving the caribbean and skiing on the lake...

mm2002
11-24-2007, 17:21
mm2002--I just
Googled Tablerock--I'llbe amazed if you find a sea horse at there!

:smilie39: me too!

DiverBoy100
11-24-2007, 18:25
I love night dives they are my favorite...everyone who dives should get out here to the kona coast to do the manta ray night dive it would be the dive of your life...i do a lot of night shore dives out here and love everyone...

DevilDiver
04-17-2010, 09:11
We went diving late Monday afternoon, and when we were done it was right at dusk. I went back out to about 10 ft and played around with my light.....man that is FUN!!!!! I don't know what it was about the darkness, but one of the coolest things were fish coming in to check out the light. That, and I never paid so much attention to bottom details until now. I'm definitely looking forward to real night dives!!

That's fantastic! Night diving is great..... :smiley20:

What kind of light do you have?

mm2002
04-17-2010, 11:53

Ummmm I don't remember what kind of light I had back then :smiley36:

DevilDiver
04-17-2010, 13:33

Ummmm I don't remember what kind of light I had back then :smiley36:

:smiley20: It's OK... as you dive more you will figure out what kind of light works best for you.

Remenber, be safe, night diving is fun but you always need to consider the conditions you are diving in.

mm2002
04-17-2010, 14:06
:smiley20: It's OK... as you dive more you will figure out what kind of light works best for you.

Remenber, be safe, night diving is fun but you always need to consider the conditions you are diving in.

I was referring to the thread date...:smiley36:
Speaking of night dives, are you planning any while you're here?

DevilDiver
04-17-2010, 14:10

I was referring to the thread date...:smiley36:
Speaking of night dives, are you planning any while you're here?

I don't have one planned. I have 2 morning/2 afternoon booked both Sat & Sun. :smiley29:
I can switch things up if needed.....

**I do not see night dives listed on thier calendar but maybe they don't list them due to a minimum required divers. You tell me, I am open to suggestions.

mm2002
04-19-2010, 04:59
**I do not see night dives listed on thier calendar but maybe they don't list them due to a minimum required divers. You tell me, I am open to suggestions.

They plan them from time to time, but if there's not one listed on the calender, there's not one in the plans.

PhD4JC
04-22-2010, 05:42
Is the night kona dive with the mantas every night, or seasonal?

I love night dives they are my favorite...everyone who dives should get out here to the kona coast to do the manta ray night dive it would be the dive of your life...i do a lot of night shore dives out here and love everyone...

DevilDiver
04-22-2010, 05:55
Here you go.....

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kona+manta+night+dive) - Kona Manta Night Dive :smiley36:

Is the night kona dive with the mantas every night, or seasonal?

LeeParrish
04-22-2010, 09:28
Can't wait to do the manta ray dive myself next month when I head to Kona. We originally were only going to Oahu, but when I saw the manta dives we split our trip to 3 days in Oahu and 3 on the big island.