PDA

View Full Version : Order received - what happened to the weather?

OTGav
11-22-2007, 22:16
Recieved order on time, all perfect.

All my gear has sat there staring up at me since I opened the box - a combination of cyclones and assorted crappy weather stopping all efforts at going under and getting some test dives done.

I suspect that under some convention or other this counts as cruel and unusual punishment.

Can some of you US people start doing rain dances and drag this cloud cover and wind over your side a bit?

danielh03
11-23-2007, 03:08

All my gear has sat there staring up at me since I opened the box - a combination of cyclones and assorted crappy weather stopping all efforts at going under and getting some test dives done.

I suspect that under some convention or other this counts as cruel and unusual punishment.

Can some of you US people start doing rain dances and drag this cloud cover and wind over your side a bit?

Well the mayor of Atlanta has asked all his people to Pray for rain.... let you know if it works

Silverlode
11-23-2007, 04:31

Just send them down to Victoria! We need them here desperately!!!

Hmm... I'm talking in terms of the weather... but if you want to send the stuff to my house, I'd be happy to receive them too!

quasimoto
11-23-2007, 20:06
LOL...I don't know how many times I have ordered dive gear and the weather stopped it from getting to me as quickly as it should have. The last time I ordered from ST, Texas got ice and nothing went in or out for several days.

tarheeldiver
11-24-2007, 10:03

Please send it to the southeast US we have forgot what rain looks like!!

Soonerwink
11-24-2007, 18:57
I always love getting new gear. I have been known to even try it out in the bathtub because I couldn't wait for better weather.

Tableleg
11-24-2007, 19:28
What does it matter if it rains? You're going to get wet anyways. :smiley36:

OTGav
11-25-2007, 17:52
You can all give yourselves a big pat on the back - the dancing worked and we got a clear day in the bay on Sunday.

All the gear worked to perfection - and I found myself more comfortable than I have ever been underwater, getting a pocket weight belt + intergrated was the best move ever.

"what does it matter....gettinhg wet anyways" - it's not the rain, although viz suffers, but the zodiac swamping swell that comes along with it that was the problem ;o)