PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play With Larry's Tool

Vercingetorix
07-22-2007, 14:49
The ScubaTool, you cretins!!! Get your mind out of the gutter.http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Many would agree that the ScubaTool has been a success. Heck, it launched a business. I bought one yesterday and have marveled at the number of implements in it.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Now, let's say Larry were to design ScubaTool vers. 2.0 and is seeking suggestions. What should Larry add? Be as serious or imaginative as you wish. The only rule is that it be small enough to fit in the trunk of a car, given that is where most folks carry their scuba gear to and from the dive site/boat.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Let's get this out of the way:</DIV>
<DIV>- small knife? But why...we all carry BC knives or Arkansas pigstickers</DIV>
<DIV>- bottle opener? we drink from cans</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Ajuva
07-22-2007, 14:57
A tool for getting a stone out of a fishes hoof.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Works for the Swiss Army Guys!http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif</DIV>

przeor
07-22-2007, 16:24
how about some flint, so when I accidently get lost on a tropical island and can't make it back to work i'll at least have fire to cook my dinner with.

dmdoss
07-22-2007, 17:00
A compressor to refill my tank.

tc_rain
07-22-2007, 19:07
The infamous spare air bottle<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

the gooch
07-22-2007, 22:26
IP gauge and O-Ring holder

tc_rain
07-22-2007, 22:47
How about a nitrox analyzer

techgnostic
07-22-2007, 22:50
A dive partner (no more random pairings).

Black-Gorrilla
07-22-2007, 22:57
A dive partner (no more random pairings).</font>

but you'd put him in the trunk? poor guy... hope nothing hits him in the head while he's rolling around in there...

techgnostic
07-22-2007, 23:05

but you'd put him in the trunk? poor guy... hope nothing hits him in the head while he's rolling around in there...

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I'd take better care of Larry's tool than that! </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Aplushly little bag...secured in a Pelican...packed in a giant duffel with a Diver Down flag across the top...at least.</DIV>

Moxie
07-22-2007, 23:25

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I'd take better care of Larry's tool than that! </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Aplushly little bag...secured in a Pelican...packed in a giant duffel with a Diver Down flag across the top...at least.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Oh my.... I need to exit this thread before I say something inappropriate.</DIV>

techgnostic
07-22-2007, 23:30
Oh my.... I need to exit this thread before I say something inappropriate.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Agreed. :)</DIV>

picxie
07-23-2007, 03:58
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I'll second that!</DIV>

Vercingetorix
06-13-2008, 13:42
What other items would you add to Larry's tool?

longtailbda
06-13-2008, 15:11
Pretty good as it is, make open end wrenches more of tubing type wrench and add a bottle opener for aft diving excursions. You never know it might be the only tool you need.

CompuDude
06-13-2008, 15:42
I really wish my scuba tool had the size hex keys I need to open the two different size DIN/yoke inserts that my tank valves take. Very annoying to have to carry the scuba tool plus two separate hex keys to accommodate the two sizes.

fisheater
06-13-2008, 16:06
So far, Larry's tool has been a big hit.

I haven't needed it, but I've lent it out many times for others in need. Sure was a great way to get accepted as a newbie into the local dive club!

diver-wife
06-13-2008, 16:11
The infamous spare air bottle<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

it could fit:smilie40: