PDA

View Full Version : Finally bit the bullet and bought a new camera

BobArnold8265
11-26-2007, 14:35
After weeks of studying test results, asking questions of fellow board members and shopping for the best price, I finally bought a new digital camera. I ended up buying the new Canon G9. Part of me wanted a nice DSLR but the size and price (2 to 3 times the price of the G9 when you include a good housing).

I've only played with it a little but so far I'm impressed with the G9 and think it's a keeper. I plan on getting an Ikelite housing for it and will match that with an Ike DS-125 strobe that I already own. I sent an e-mail to our good friends at Scubatoys to see if they could order the housing for me at a Scubatoys price :smiley20: Can't wait to get that on order and take the package to Bonaire in February !!!!

Puffer Fish
11-26-2007, 16:00
After weeks of studying test results, asking questions of fellow board members and shopping for the best price, I finally bought a new digital camera. I ended up buying the new Canon G9. Part of me wanted a nice DSLR but the size and price (2 to 3 times the price of the G9 when you include a good housing).

I've only played with it a little but so far I'm impressed with the G9 and think it's a keeper. I plan on getting an Ikelite housing for it and will match that with an Ike DS-125 strobe that I already own. I sent an e-mail to our good friends at Scubatoys to see if they could order the housing for me at a Scubatoys price :smiley20: Can't wait to get that on order and take the package to Bonaire in February !!!!
Congrats.. expect to see lots of great pictures...

Chad
11-26-2007, 16:01
Congrats. Sounds like a nice setup.

LI Diver
11-26-2007, 17:00
OOh man am I am so jealous! Only kiddin use it well! Anybody in the market for a almost new sealife dc600???????????????

Fireplug
01-21-2008, 17:32
How come you're getting rid of the dc600?

What caught your eye for the Canon?

I'm starting to look at cameras so I'm keeping an eye open for everyone's goods and bads. Thanks for your time.