PDA

View Full Version : St. Andrews State Park

coyote
11-26-2007, 16:44
Anyone ever shore dive from St. Andrews State Park near Panama City Beach? What's the water like in mid December?

FishFood
11-26-2007, 18:15
Low 60's water temp. Good vis. depending on tides. Good dive all around. Check the tide charts or you will either get swept into the bay or out to sea!

Tides: Sea Divers (http://webpages.charter.net/divermike/index.htm)

Dive-aholic
11-27-2007, 04:59
Only one place to dive there and that's the jetty. Just pop over the rocks at their low point and drop down 40'. Go to your right (towards the gulf) and you'll max out in the 60s depth-wise. Go to your left and you be forced to the surface. It gets pretty shallow that way. Stay along the rocks. There's a lot of boat traffic through the channel. You will need a dive flag.

coyote
11-27-2007, 17:09
Thanks for the info!

I was there once this last summer and got to dive in saltwater for the first time.
I'm burning a few days vacation around there in December, so i thought maybe to get a campsite right in the park see what kind of diving I can dig up.
The low 60ís is always better then the high 40's back home. :smiley20:

divinginn
11-27-2007, 17:34
I saw plenty of fish there last time i was there in july,several grouper up to 30-40 lbs,make sure you check the tides as there is a very strong tide,try to hit it about half hour before full tide. If you are off on the tide alittle you can swim around the jettys and walk back up.