PDA

View Full Version : Mini Season

the gooch
07-22-2007, 17:56
Anyone live in S. Florida and want to join me for a bug hunting session first thing in the morning on Wed.?

HoosierDaddy
07-22-2007, 20:05
Can you explain to my boss that I need to dive for Lobster Wed AM? Maybe they could be a potential new customer?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I really need to take vacation days for Mini Season, maybe next year...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

the gooch
07-22-2007, 23:03
Nah--just come down during regular season (mid August to the end of March). Mini season can get a little crazy just so you can eat some tail a couple of weeks before regular season.

kevinj1
07-23-2007, 20:56
I would love to join you on a bug hunt, BUT I am stuck in Utah currently (pulling my hair out). lol

Rascal1933
07-23-2007, 21:03
Hey there Gooch,
<DIV>I am landlockedright now, just got back from South Florida.</DIV>
<DIV>Wow I saw some monster lobsters...</DIV>
<DIV>I can show you wherefor a plane ticket,and some air fills! http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

the gooch
07-24-2007, 08:18
Hey there Gooch,
<div>I am landlockedright now, just got back from South Florida.</div>
<div>Wow I saw some monster lobsters...</div>
<div>I can show you wherefor a plane ticket,and some air fills! http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif</div>
<div></div>Hmmmm---think I'll pass on the offer but thanks. Next time you are down post up and we can hit a beach dive or two.

Black-Gorrilla
07-24-2007, 17:46
i really have the urge to miss out class for some lobsters....
<DIV>god... they are so tasty.</DIV>
<DIV>i want to see pics when your get em. (please)</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

kevinj1
07-24-2007, 17:52
I have a question on lobster. My buddy swears he can taste the difference between FL. lobster tail and Maine lobster tail, but I can't.
<DIV>Can anyone else taste the difference?</DIV>

Rascal1933
07-24-2007, 18:01
<DIV>
<DIV>How about just the plane ticket?</DIV>
<DIV>I will pay for my Air fills http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks Michael! &gt; I am in onthe beach dive offer.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Let us know how the bug hunt went.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Take Care and Safe Diving!</DIV>

Black-Gorrilla
07-27-2007, 01:15
I have a question on lobster. My buddy swears he can taste the difference between FL. lobster tail and Maine lobster tail, but I can't.
<DIV>Can anyone else taste the difference?</DIV>

i can, in one of my classes we had maine and FLA lobster, and ate both... they do taste diff. but not in a negative way towards either of them.

anything will taste diff. even if it's the same, depending on it's diet, and environment. even 2 fish caught in 2 diff. places (same fish) will taste different.
such as wild salmon, and farm raised...

the gooch
07-27-2007, 09:04
I find spiny lobster tail to be a bit sweeter than maine.

kevinj1
07-27-2007, 17:57
thats pretty interesting.
Truthfully--I think I will eat any Lobster as long as I have some drawn butter and lemon---lol.

Splitlip
07-27-2007, 22:41
I find spiny lobster tail to be a bit sweeter than maine.
I like the texture too over that of a maine lobster.

Black-Gorrilla
07-27-2007, 22:51
thats pretty interesting.
Truthfully--I think I will eat any Lobster as long as I have some drawn butter and lemon---lol.

i never said i wouldn't eat it just cause of where it's from.. cause i will eat all lobsters

kevinj1
08-04-2007, 15:44
Hey-=-doesn't regular season open up anyday now? I am trying to travel down south soon and I am getting a little excited...

the gooch
08-04-2007, 17:11
It opens this Monday--August 6th.

Black-Gorrilla
08-04-2007, 20:28
2 days... and it happens to be on my week off of school!!! SWEET!! NO WORK NO SCHOOL!!