PDA

View Full Version : Mall of America

Darth Fishhead
11-27-2007, 06:29
There was a question on Jeopardy the other night, and it said something about diving with sharks at the Mall of America. I checked it out online and it seems neat. Has anyone tried that? Is it worth the admission? I think it would make for a neat family trip at some point.

RoadRacer1978
11-27-2007, 07:37
$185.75 to dive in their aquarium with the sharks. Don't know if it is worth it to some, but don't think I'll be paying that anytime soon. $10 off if you are a rescue diver though. :)

PlatypusMan
11-27-2007, 07:56
$185.75 to dive in their aquarium with the sharks. Don't know if it is worth it to some, but don't think I'll be paying that anytime soon. $10 off if you are a rescue diver though. :)

At last! A discount just because of a cert I have! :smilie39:

:smiley2: Do I get free air fills if I'm helping with a class?

texdiveguy
11-27-2007, 08:03
I don't like shopping malls period!!! :)

Matt P
11-27-2007, 08:32
That's really cool. I don't have any reason to be in that part of the country. But, if I ever do get out there I will do it.

Darth Fishhead
11-27-2007, 11:47
For those who would like to check out the website, it's here: Underwater Adventures Aquarium (http://www.sharky.tv/)
I guess my main question is how much is there to see? They don't provide many pictures of the dive area, so I wonder how much swimming and exploring is available? Is it a single tank dive? (I think that's what the cost indicates.) What are the water temps?

I realize that it's a bit on the pricey side, but getting my family together and making a trip of it doesn't seem THAT bad. (Cheaper than flying to the Bahamas for a shark dive.)

cummings66
11-27-2007, 17:46
If the main site is 300 foot long and 14 feet deep then I'd venture a guess and say that there just aint that much to see there. Of course you could look at all the people outside gawking at you like some exhibit.

Have I got an idea, ask them for pay because people come there to see you get up close and personal with the sharks, bring some red food coloring with you for a real riot. Might get to use that discount on the rescue cert. OK, bad idea.

navyhmc
11-27-2007, 19:31
After diving with sharks in USVI, BVI, Coz, Roatan, Red Sea, Belieze, LaJolla, and a few other hundred places, I can't see myself paying extra to swim in a giant aquarium.

BuzzF117
11-27-2007, 20:05
Take fake blood in with you and fake a shark attack....

navyhmc
11-27-2007, 20:39
If the main site is 300 foot long and 14 feet deep then I'd venture a guess and say that there just aint that much to see there. Of course you could look at all the people outside gawking at you like some exhibit.

Have I got an idea, ask them for pay because people come there to see you get up close and personal with the sharks, bring some red food coloring with you for a real riot. Might get to use that discount on the rescue cert. OK, bad idea.

Take fake blood in with you and fake a shark attack....

You two owe me a new key board after the spit take I just did reading your replies!!!! :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smiley32::smiley32: :smiley32:

tedwhiteva
11-27-2007, 20:40
Dive EPCOT Center in Disney World - $140 including a t-shirt :-)

cummings66
11-28-2007, 10:48
You've got to have fun, all work and no play ya know.

beperkins
10-17-2008, 10:26
Has anyone been to the one at Disney?

Defman
10-17-2008, 13:20
There was a question on Jeopardy the other night, and it said something about diving with sharks at the Mall of America. I checked it out online and it seems neat. Has anyone tried that? Is it worth the admission? I think it would make for a neat family trip at some point.

Seems I've been missing this post for the last year..... I did it in the Spring of 2007. It was a nice way to spend an afternoon, one of those "Been there, done that" kind of deals. My insta-buddy hadn't been in the water in quite some time after a diving accident, so I lost some time dealing with him before he bailed.