PDA

View Full Version : Any Oly SP-350 users w/ tips to share?

Byte Me
11-27-2007, 15:00
I'm leaving on Thursday for Playa and doing some diving while there with my wife. I picked up an Oly 350 with UW housing recently and have been playing with it. The only problem I see so far is a bit of shutter lag when shooting the highest res JPG. Shooting RAW on the XD card just doesn't work - too darn slow.

Any tips on settings (especially custom settings) or other hints on using this little guy underwater?

Thanks!

Cheddarchick
11-27-2007, 20:46
Are you using a m type card or an H? The H seems to work best for me.
I found great info on this thread
sp-350 - ScubaBoard (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oly-outlet/116433-sp-350-a.html)

Byte Me
11-27-2007, 21:04
I've got one of each actually. The H is in the camera now and when I experienced the slow RAW times.

Thanks for the link! I'll maybe print it for the plane ride!

HOLY CRAP! 46 pages of posts! Guess I'm not printing that out! Yowza!

Cheddarchick
11-28-2007, 05:31
LOL...It is a 3 hour plane ride.....Maybe we should form a Wisconsin SP350 club...

Byte Me
11-28-2007, 06:15
I'll let you know how things go. I'm doing my advanced OW with Jason and one of the dives is UW Photo.

Now, in an effort to hijack my own thread - do you dive locally? Who do you go with? I'm up in West Bend and did my OW with Underwater Connection in Delefield just because the dates worked out better than the Falls.

Cheddarchick
11-28-2007, 07:47
Ahh Hijack!!!!
I love Lake Wazee in Black River Falls, and if I really need a fix I'll go to Pearl Lake in S Beloit, IL. Done Michigan wreck diving with Loves Park Scuba, Capt Dan. Really great guy and really nice LDS. Well, ok only a hour away....

ScubaJW
12-10-2007, 21:21
Which housing are you using? PT-030? if so, the weight that comes with it is a major help! I'd suggest you keep the weight on it.