PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a new knife from Scuba Toys

HoosierDaddy
07-10-2007, 07:50
I just ordered a new knife from ScubaToys.com. Actually 2 of them.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I average 1 lost knife per year. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I dont see spending a ton of money on it since I plan to lose it soon anyhow. This knife looks fine, should do everything I need it to and the price is great!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Anyone have the same porblem I have with your dive knife?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
<TABLE =tdC&#111;ntent2 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=middle width="30%">http://www.scubatoys.com/store/knives/pics/ScubaMax.jpg (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BCDiveKnife+)
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width="70%">

<H3>BCD Dive Knife </H3>
Dive Knife with secure locking system, Easy Bcd attachment or use the convenient clip mount.

<UL>
<LI>This Dive Knife is made of 420 series Stainless Steel
<LI>The blade measures 2.75" and 7'' overall </LI>[/list]

Price: $14.95

<TABLE align=center>
<T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE></DIV>

frankc420
07-10-2007, 08:47
I have this same knife, haven't lost it yet :) It's not that sharp out of the box... but it's pretty good for the price! :)

Wolfie2012
07-10-2007, 08:57
I haven't lost a knife yet, but my wife likes to losehers onthe dive immediately following the purchase of one! Dollar store knives from now on! :)

teamgs
07-10-2007, 13:07
I haven't lost a knife yet, but my wife likes to losehers onthe dive immediately following the purchase of one! Dollar store knives from now on! :)

LOL! That sounds like me with golf balls. I can have an old beater, that I CANNOT lose, no matter what. But bust out a new Titleist, and.....

Gary

Judestudio
07-10-2007, 19:06
Nice one. Small and easy to carry around. I've got the Fusiler knife which is slightly larger. I always wonder if people really make use of the 5"-blade SWORDS they drag along? smileys/smiley13.gif

scubadiver
07-10-2007, 20:23
Where are you carrying your knife while diving that makes you lose one per year? I keep my small one in a pocket and have had it for 5 years.

RonFrank
07-11-2007, 11:07
I actually used my knife TWICE this year UW for real problems like cutting monofilament! However after close to 150 dives, I never had to use one until recently, and than it's been only 2 dives out of 150, so not much.

I do however find a dive knife invaluable for cutting up watermelon! smileys/smiley17.gif Make sure you have a real expensive Titanium version so as not to taint your mellon!

How do people loose these things so easily when from my experience they are hardly ever even used?

cummings66
07-11-2007, 22:47
I have that knife, I don't dive with it but I could shave with mine. It's the sharpest knife I've ever owned without me doing any work on it. As a hunter I know what sharp is, and this one could dress anygame out there. Maybe mine was a demo unit they sharpened up?

frankc420
07-13-2007, 08:03
I have that knife, I don't dive with it but I could shave with mine. It's the sharpest knife I've ever owned without me doing any work on it. As a hunter I know what sharp is, and this one could dress anygame out there. Maybe mine was a demo unit they sharpened up?

All I know is, I'd be lucky to get a clean cut on butter with mine! :)

Harshal
07-16-2007, 16:17
I have one from Scubatoys folding one in the sheth. I got bunch of D rings on my BC and I just clip it on the BC. So far no prob

FishFood
07-16-2007, 16:45
How do people loose these things so easily when from my experience they are hardly ever even used?

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Ive wondered the same thing... smileys/smiley5.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Ive got a ScubaPro K5 that I keep in a sheath on the inside of my left calf. (you know, one of those entanglement "hazards") So far Ive only used it as a noise maker. Thought about cutting some fishing people, er, I mean, line smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>