PDA

View Full Version : Can't get hold of scubay toys on email

MichaelJ_AUS
11-27-2007, 16:16
Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any issues with getting emails back from Joe/Larry in the last two days.

I have emailed them more then once to try and get the tracking number for my delivery's (can't ring as I'm in AUS) but have had no reply.

At the moment I feel as though all the help was their prior to my purchase, but as soon as it was shipped, I'm no longer a concern. Not something I would've thought would happen given everyones opinion of Scubatoys.

My Leisurepro order came on Monday, and I could track it all the way.

Not really happy, as my order was quite big. :smiley21:

I hope there is some other explanation...

abcitydiver
11-27-2007, 16:38
It happens...though Joe & Larry are heads and shoulders above the rest in almost all instances...this issue hasnt been their strong point for me either. I generally forgive it, because the rest of the service so far exceeds my expectations.

Like you, I am a bit fanatical about tracking all deliveries to me...I live way off the beaten path, and most of my "life" arrived by one colored truck or another. If i'm not around for the delivery, I find that things just go wrong..hence I track track track.
::glancing at Joe:::who also hasnt answered my questions about delivery time....
But hey...I'll still keep giving you the busines ::smirk::

Just hang in there, try sending a Private message via the board....and try sending another email.
I get the feeling that Scuba toys isnt quite as automatically ..automated as some web sites, so getting us shipping & tracking info is completely manual for these guys.

fireflock
11-27-2007, 16:59
I've been surprised too at not getting a tracking number via email for a phone order. My last ST package arrived without an invoice either. At the same time, the package always shows up so I figure they do it to make the actual delivery experience more of a pleasant surprise :).

I'd love to get an email automatically with an invoice and tracking number whenever my credit card is charged, regardless of how the order was placed. I also understand that they probably have one or two other things to worry about this time of year (biggest retail sales quarter of the year here in the states).

I've ALWAYS been able to get any question answered by picking up th e phone. I understand you're in AUS, but are calls really that expensive? Try Skype.

Rich

MichaelJ_AUS
11-27-2007, 17:21
Its not really an issue of the cost, more of the time I would have to call in the morning. I understand that it's a busy time of the year, isn't it everywhere? But I wouldn't have thought that it should take more then a week to get here, I also don't want to find out in a week its lost. The UPS shipment from Leisurepro took 5 days. Hopefully it will come today. My reason for wanting to track the goods is because someone is not home all day, so I can see if delivery has been attempted and possibly organise to pick it up myself, and not keep missing the delivery. I'll try a PM.

Michael.

MichaelJ_AUS
11-27-2007, 18:05
Ok just so everyone can know. Joe just did get back to me, looks as though my bc only came in today from the rep. So nothing had been sent yet, but will be soon.

BUT he did say he is throwing in some free goodies for me, because of the delay. That's service.

Thanks Scubatoys.

Michael.

mitsuguy
11-27-2007, 20:25
you all need to make sure they have your e-mail address on file, I placed a web order yesterday, and today, I got this e-mail:

Ship to:
CODY G
LAS VEGAS, NV
United States

mytrackingnumberhere

We have shipped your order to you, and the above number is your UPS Tracking Number.
You can track your package at: UPS Global Home (http://www.ups.com)

Or you can click this big nasty link!

www.ups.com/whatevermytrackingnumberis (http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=1Z7E820W0365610618&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes)

(Note: The tracking number will not show up in the UPS Database until after they scan the
package. This could take several hours. If you don't get the tracking info - try later.)

1 Dacor DXD Full Foot Fin Yellow - Size 6-8
$22.46 ea Line Total: $22.46

Shipping UPS Ground $9.02 Sales tax: $0.00 Grand Total: $31.48

Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXX
Payment Method: XXXX9434
Amount: 31.48

We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Thank you for your business,
Kyle Carter
info@scubatoys.com
Scuba Gear and Scuba Diving Equipment - Discount dive gear (http://www.scubatoys.com)
(877) 728-2243

mitsuguy
11-27-2007, 20:26
oh, I forgot to mention, I got the 10% off and forgot to even ask for it...

CaptainRon
11-27-2007, 20:28
I have always had good luck with sending a private message on this board....that way it goes directly to them. They have always responded quickly.

Dario
11-29-2007, 01:55
I'm also having problems at getting some acknowledgement from these guys about my order too, I would hate to think there is some bias towards the southern hemisphere population. This is my first transaction too, must say they are not getting many brownie points the way things have been handled so far.......hoping it's only an 'off' week.

ScubaToys Larry
11-29-2007, 04:06
Actually, it is a strange week for us... We had the Holiday late last week with Thanksgiving, then with the shopping days after it, we are barraged with orders and emails, and then a weekend gets in the way - not to mention the almost half way around the world time difference...

And honestly, some times, emails can get lost going one way or another. If you want to shoot me a little info in a PM, I can check when I get in, (about 6 hours from now) and come up with whatever answers you need.

mitsuguy
11-29-2007, 10:13
Just going from the published numbers, I'd say ST deals with what 25-50 customers a day? I don't have a clue what the average dollar / sale is, but to do the kind of money that ST does, It's gotta be in the 25-50 / day range, if not more... That's a lot of e-mails and orders to process, and although they are good, no one is perfect...

dallasdivergirl
11-29-2007, 11:10
They deal with the customers in store, the customers that phone in and the web customers.

I would say that they see a lot more that 25 to 50 customers per day through those 3 ways.

mitsuguy
11-29-2007, 11:18
They deal with the customers in store, the customers that phone in and the web customers.

I would say that they see a lot more that 25 to 50 customers per day through those 3 ways.

What I should have said was 25-50 purchases a day... I am sure calls and walk ins would at least triple that...

3rdEye
12-05-2007, 14:42
Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any issues with getting emails back from Joe/Larry in the last two days.

I have emailed them more then once to try and get the tracking number for my delivery's (can't ring as I'm in AUS) but have had no reply.

At the moment I feel as though all the help was their prior to my purchase, but as soon as it was shipped, I'm no longer a concern. Not something I would've thought would happen given everyones opinion of Scubatoys.

My Leisurepro order came on Monday, and I could track it all the way.

Not really happy, as my order was quite big. :smiley21:

I hope there is some other explanation...

I feel your pain....I've emailed 2 times about an issue with my order.....nothing but dead air. And the guy I spoke to on the phone about my order prior was kind of salty....not what I would expect from Scuba toys.

scubajane
12-05-2007, 15:33
I placed an order last night about 10 pm and I had an e-mail in my box this morning. I really did not expect it so thanks guys!!

ScubaToys Larry
12-05-2007, 15:34
No problem... If anyone is having a problem getting through.. Just shoot me a PM and I'll take care of whatever...

ScubaToys Larry
12-05-2007, 16:38
I just went through our email responses... and we get approx 40 emails a day that we respond to that bounce back as un-deliverable. You should always make sure your spam filters are set up to accept emails from scubatoys.com, and honestly... we answer every email every day.

If you are expecting one and it didn't get there - it's someone's filter along the way taking it out... either getting to us, or our response getting back.

So just shoot me a PM if you ever are not getting a response... or even if you get a response you don't like! I'll see what I can do!