PDA

View Full Version : Knives

thor
07-22-2007, 20:33
Where is a good place to mount a Wenoka Squeeze Knife?

thor
07-22-2007, 21:13
No grommets on my BC

tc_rain
07-22-2007, 22:02
You can buy a tool for a couple dollars at any home improvement store that will install grommets. Then you can put it anywhere you like<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

tc_rain
07-22-2007, 22:26
Some people will also zip-tie a knife to their corrugatedinflator hose on the BC

comet24
07-23-2007, 06:42
I zip tie a knife to my shoulder straps. Works fine and is out of the way but easy to get when I want it.

thor
07-23-2007, 15:37
No grommets on my BC
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>How about a waist strap?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>What BC do you have?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I have a Mares Dragon BC. I can strap the knife to the shoulder strap, but not much room b/c of d rings. I'm thinking about zip tyingit to the inflator hose, but I don't like the idea ofhaving a sharp blade near there. </DIV>
<DIV>The waiste band is an option as is the chest strap(better option). I am now seriously considering the grommet installing machine, but I don't want to void any warranty by drilling holes into my BC</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

thor
07-24-2007, 10:55
My only concernwith putting it on mycumberbund is that it seems to jab me in the groin. I am concerned that whenI giant step off of a boat that I might damage something valuable , if you know what I mean.

thor
07-24-2007, 12:39
I also have the tonto tip. So you cut the scabbard and the knife point is not sticking out, because that would be even worse for the old groin?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>How much did you cut, and what did you use to do it?</DIV>

BSea
07-24-2007, 15:04
Some people will also zip-tie a knife to their corrugatedinflator hose on the BC
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>That's what I do. The weight of the knife keeps the hose where it's supposed to be. It's also very easy to get the knife when you need it.</DIV>

loudgonzo
07-25-2007, 15:32
I've got a Stiletto BC, any recommendations on a small practical knife and where to attach it on this BC?