PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Brigade LTD?

bjoseph
11-28-2007, 13:32
I like the idea of the smaller wings, but I also like the extras on the Ranger LTD. Is it possible to make a Brigade out of the Ranger LTD & smaller wings?

Also, does the Brigade setup provide enough lift for a single tank + pony bottle rig (30 cu ft)?

:smilie40:

DiverBoy100
11-28-2007, 14:58
All Zeagle parts are interchangeable...i have a brigade and love it...i dont dive with pony bottle but i do a some diving with 100 cb ft tank and there is enough lift for a 100 cb ft tank so i dont if that answers your question...

marchand
11-28-2007, 20:59
I think the thing that makes the Ranger LTD a LTD is that it has half oh the zipper sewn onto the wing. When you swap out the wing for the 35# wing you loose the zipper thus losing its LTDness.

bjoseph
11-28-2007, 21:05
From the Zeagle site it lists a bunch of the additions to the Ranger that the LTD provides.... Here is a copy...

Added features of the Ranger LTD.

A lumbar pad is permanently mounted in the rear of the vest section.
The Removable rear weight system (8051Z) is included.
A pair of 18lb capacity shot pouches are included.
An extra set of vertically mounted D-rings are positioned ideally for mounting extra cylinders or accessories.
Two additional 1.5" D-rings are located at the bottom rear of the vest.
The Tank Bands are designed so they can be lengthened to hold twin cylinder sets.
A Zipper attachment system mounted inside each wing of the bladder allows for the attachment of a variety of carriers and accessories, including Pony bottle carriers, Spare Air carriers, extra pockets, and grommet panels.
Accessories can be easily changed for different diving requirements. Check out some of the currently available accessory attachments and other features below!
Expandable zippered utility pocket on front of vestIt seems like a bunch of stuff that would be worth making a Brigade LTD.

Splitlip
11-28-2007, 21:11
Also, does the Brigade setup provide enough lift for a single tank + pony bottle rig (30 cu ft)?:smilie40:

A Luxfer 30 cf aluminum cylinder is 1 # negative when full. A Catalins 2.5? Add a reg, a non issue I would say.

marchand
11-28-2007, 21:13
35# of lift should be plenty for a single and a pony. unless your tank is one of those 190cf tanks and your pony is steel.

Splitlip
11-28-2007, 21:14
35# of lift should be plenty for a single and a pony. unless your tank is one of those 190cf tanks and your pony is steel.
:smilie39:

But truely, I probably should have qualified my answer. But with the 190, even with out the 6 # steel pony, it would be a bust. 63# negative!

bjoseph
11-29-2007, 09:56
Thanks for the great answers guys!

ScottZeagle
11-29-2007, 10:29
Ok, let me chime in here...

We do make an accessory which lets you mount the "LTD Zipper" platform on any Zeagle BC. The part number is 8137. It mounts on the tank band and vest webbing like the 8051Z pockets do, and allows any of the LTD Zip On Accessorys to be used.

Thanks,

Scott

tarheeldiver
11-29-2007, 17:20

We do make an accessory which lets you mount the "LTD Zipper" platform on any Zeagle BC. The part number is 8137. It mounts on the tank band and vest webbing like the 8051Z pockets do, and allows any of the LTD Zip On Accessorys to be used.

Thanks,

Scott
There you go a brigade LTD

bjoseph
11-29-2007, 19:37
Really? What about the rest of it?

Added features of the Ranger LTD.

An extra set of vertically mounted D-rings are positioned ideally for mounting extra cylinders or accessories.
The Tank Bands are designed so they can be lengthened to hold twin cylinder sets.
A Zipper attachment system mounted inside each wing of the bladder allows for the attachment of a variety of carriers and accessories, including Pony bottle carriers, Spare Air carriers, extra pockets, and grommet panels.
Accessories can be easily changed for different diving requirements. Check out some of the currently available accessory attachments and other features below!
Expandable zippered utility pocket on front of vestThere you go.... not really a Brigade LTD.....

ScottZeagle
11-30-2007, 08:53
Really? What about the rest of it?

(List of Ranger LTD features goes here...see below)

There you go.... not really a Brigade LTD.....

How to get a Brigade LTD in a few (maybe not so easy) steps...

1. Call Scuba Toys and order one.

2. Larry calls me on my cell phone (while I am eating dinner with my family) and says, "Hey! It's Larry...I need a Brigade LTD....can we make that heppen?"

3. I get up from the dinner table and tell my kids, "It's Uncle Larry again...go ahead and eat without me...I need to go back to the shop."

4. My kids start crying, cause they know it is another night without Daddy to read them a bedtime story. The dog whines, because she knows that her nightly walk with is now history, and she will be forced to pee in the back yard. My wife just rolls her eyes...she is used to this stuff.

5. I walk into my home office and hit the secret button under my desk, opening the secret door leading to the Z-Cave. I slide down the Z-Pole, and into the Z-Mobile, and head through Zephyrhills like a bat out of hell.

6. I arrive at Zeagle through the secret "Z-Men Only" entrance and head over to the Ranger LTD shelf.

7. I pull a Ranger LTD off the shelf and inspect it :

Check!

Check!

Check!

Check!

Check!

Check!

Hmmm...

8. I pick up the phone and call Larry..."Hey bro...I can't put those zippers on the Escape bladder, but I can add the # 8137 Zip Mount Platform, which will do the same thing!"

"Go for it!", says Larry, "And while I have you on the phone, can you send me 200 of the large sized yellow thingies??"

"Anything for you, my friend!", says I.

Meanwhile, back to the list:

Accessories can be easily changed for different diving requirements.

Check!

Expandable zippered utility pocket on front of vest[/LIST]

Check!

"Holy smoke...I did it!", I think to myself...."I am the freaking MAN!"

(Light clicks on in my swelling head)

"Damn...I don't have a Brigade LTD emblem!"

9. Pick up the phone and call Larry again..."Hey man, I just about nailed this this down, but I need to put a standard Brigade patch on the hose holder, cause we have never made a Brigade LTD before, and I don't have the patch."

"Hmmm...let me call the customer", says Larry, "I'll call you right back."

10. While awaiting Larrys return phone call, I log on to the Scuba Toys forums and answer Zeagle related questions for all the fine Scuba Toys customers, who love my gear, but worship Larry and Joe like a couple of fat Golden Calfs...go figure.

11. Larry calls back and says, "Well...without the Brigade LTD emblem, it isn't REALLY a Brigade LTD, so the guy doesn't want it...but thanks for your time, and HEY...while I got you on the phone...can you send me 137 two piece screw fasteners??"

"No problem...can the weight thingies and the screw fasteners ship tomorrow, or do you need me to drive them to the Fed Ex office at the Tampa Airport??"

"Well, if it's not too much trouble, could you take them to Fed Ex??

"Sure...it's only an hour each way...no worries!"

12. Drive to the Fed Ex at the airport. Ship the package. Drive home. (this is really 3 steps, but I am getting tired of typing)

13. Kiss my sleeping wife and kids, play with the dog for a few minutes, take a shower and get to sleep. (Again, this is a few steps, but I digress)

14. 3am...cell phone rings..

"Hello"

"Hey...you awake?"

"Um...I am now...what's up"

"That customer called back...they are willing to take it with the normal Brigade patch...but they need it by 5pm tomorrow."

"WHAT???"

"Yeah, sorry about that...but I have a gazillion Sky Miles...I'll have a ticket waiting for you at the airport and you can deliver it....your plane leaves in 2 hours!!"

"OK...on my way."

15. Leave note for my wife and kids: Gone to Dallas...be back soon.

Disclaimer: This is a semi-fictional story. Any similar events that have occured between Larry and I in the past are only coincidental. Please excuse any spelling errors...I am too lazy to go back and check it.

:D

marchand
11-30-2007, 13:06
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

ScubaToys Larry
11-30-2007, 20:24
Gotta luv Scott!:smiley36:

Zenagirl
12-01-2007, 07:09
10. While awaiting Larrys return phone call, I log on to the Scuba Toys forums and answer Zeagle related questions for all the fine Scuba Toys customers, who love my gear, but worship Larry and Joe like a couple of fat Golden Calfs...go figure.

Oh Scott, those of us who know you love you MOST!! :D

tarheeldiver
12-01-2007, 14:03
But Scott you being around is the reason I bought a Zeagle BC, any problems I know you're always here
greg

fisheater
12-01-2007, 19:28
Scott (If I may be so forward as to use your first name before we're formally introduced):

I'm finalizing my order for one of your BCDs and a regulator and an integrated octo.

I'll have YOUR logo all over my gear, not Joe's or Larry's. (However, for the customer service I've seen and price I was quoted, I'll still do the Golden Calf thing!)

Thanks for your great products and your awesome responsiveness to the diving public.

- Fisheater

paintsnow
12-01-2007, 23:51
Wow scott
you owe me a new laptop...
that was frickin hilarious

and i can imagine it all happening too, which is the sad part, but at least we all know that youll do anything for your customers.

bjoseph
12-02-2007, 22:51
Outstanding. I'm getting one of these asap! Thanks Scott.

Mtrewyn
12-02-2007, 22:57
As a customer that is great to know that booth of you care that much about a relatively small number of costumers, that is why ST is my favorite web sight and I plan on buying my gear from you guys.

As someone that has been on the other side you two are hard core, and I don't know if I could do it, but I guess that is why you do and I don't.

GREAT story buy the way.

UW_Panda
02-11-2008, 17:22
:smiley32::smiley32::smiley32::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39:

Mr Zeagle.....even just by reading the different posts you have written makes us know that your products are constantly being improved and costumers feedbacks are taken aboard....not another mass production (although I'm sure ur staffs have to churn them out pretty quickly for the large order...)

Thanks

ScottZeagle
02-12-2008, 12:12
I'm usually not that creative...I must have been inspired the day I wrote that story...

:)

Balance
02-12-2008, 12:17
Scott, as a plain old regular Brigade owner... Thanks!

bassplayer
02-15-2008, 09:46

Thanks,

Scott

Excellent - I had the exact same question !