PDA

View Full Version : Rebreather training

Scubakraut
11-28-2007, 19:54
Is there a class one can take for rebreather Scuba systems?

woody
11-29-2007, 10:35
Yes, classes are unit specific. Meaning you are taught to drive a ford F-150 not an F-250 or an F-350 or a Chevy. While a lot of the skills and knowledge will transfer over so much of the training is on skills and emergency procedures that are specific to that unit.

Thanks,
Woody

terrillja
11-29-2007, 11:04
Is there a class one can take for rebreather Scuba systems?

Depends where you live. Near me, we have Northeast Scuba, where the owner is an instructor trainer for rebreathers. He trains on 3 or 4 different types of rebreathers, and if you want to look at rebreathers around here (central MA), that is the place to go.

SiscoKid
11-29-2007, 17:11
Is there a class one can take for rebreather
Scuba systems?

My self I dive the Optima my Instructor is out of HoustenTx. Not varry many in Texas. Or you from Texas?

RECDiver
11-29-2007, 20:46
Siscokid, how do you like your Optima? Any problems with it so far? I converted my Dolphin to the ExtendAir cartridges several years ago and love them, so if I were to ever get a different RB, the Optima would be on the list.

SiscoKid
11-30-2007, 21:21
Siscokid, how do you like your Optima? Any problems with it so far? I converted my Dolphin to the ExtendAir cartridges several years ago and love them, so if I were to ever get a different RB, the Optima would be on the list.

I do love my Optima, Dive right is having 2008 Tech Tour at Clear Springs Scuba Park, Tx Sep. 20-21. You can try the Optima out. In May I am going for my full trimex to 300ft Grand Cayman.

Scubakraut
12-04-2007, 09:43
hmmm, thanks, so I'd have to ask in a dive shop. And yes I am in Austin TX.