PDA

View Full Version : Dry Gloves for Sale!

dcampbell
11-29-2007, 19:47
Size large dry gloves for sale. These are the blue ones with the fuzzy yellow lining. I'm not sure of the brand, I think they are Dive Rite. They are hardly used and are in great shape. The gloves have the rings on them for the clamp system so you would just need the corresponding rings for your suit. $65 obo

MSilvia
11-30-2007, 09:20
I have a pair of those, and they're awesome once you tape the liner out of the way. If any of you drysuit divers have cold hands, it's worth considering.

Wisconsin Diver
12-02-2007, 11:47
Have you still got the gloves?
Wisconsin Diver

dcampbell
12-02-2007, 14:43
Yes I still have the gloves at the moment... PM me if you're interested...

Thanks!

Lone Frogman
12-07-2007, 15:59
I have a pair of those, and they're awesome once you tape the liner out of the way. If any of you drysuit divers have cold hands, it's worth considering.

I just ordered a pair from ST and have not got yet. What do you mean by taping the liner out of the way?

MSilvia
12-07-2007, 16:43
I just ordered a pair from ST and have not got yet. What do you mean by taping the liner out of the way?
I misspoke... it's not the liner I taped, it's the blue glove material that remained after I trimmed the excess off.

It might be different with yours, but with my pair, the blue outer gloves extended well past where the ring sat on my drysuit wrist seal, so a significant portion of the blue glove was sticking out past the ring seal. When I first tried using them, the excess glove bunched up around my wrist, and (though I'm no doctor, I believe this is accurate) exerted sufficient pressure on my wrist to squeeze the median nerve, causing the thumb and forefinger of my right hand to go numb about halfway through the dive.

I nearly put them on the express train to eBay, but I realized that the excess blue glove material was causing the problem. I got out my scissors, trimmed the excess blue glove about an inch past where it went through the ring seal, and stuck it in place with some duct tape. It then was nicely out of the way, and wouldn't cause that problem.

There was still some bunching from the yellow liner, but I struck upon a good solution for that too. I put the glove liners on before the drysuit, so my latex wrist seals are on the glove liner instead of my wrist. This not only serves to keep them from bunching, but also lets the glove vent through the fabric into the suit, so I don't have to deal with any glove squeeze.

I hope that explaination makes sense. I'll gladly clarify if not. Maybe this picture will help:

http://www.thedecostop.com/matt/dryglovemod.JPG

terrillja
12-08-2007, 12:31
I did the same with my gloves. I also use different liners, I use smartwool glove liners, so warm, and much nicer than the yellow ones that most gloves come with. I bought mine from campmor. Also good to have an extra set of liners if one set gets wet.

huvrr
05-08-2008, 04:51
are the gloves still available?

616fun
05-14-2008, 17:43
I'm interested as well. PM me if you are selling.

Hollywood703
06-01-2008, 05:30
Just to add, I use these also and trimmed the blue glove portion and duct taped them to the ring as added slip portection. I also bought a cheap pair of Fleece El' cheapo gloves to go underneath which gives me more dexterity than the liners provided.