PDA

View Full Version : Suunto Vyper Flow Sheet

Goober
11-30-2007, 02:57
Anychance someone could scan thiers and email it to me?

ReefHound
11-30-2007, 22:24
Let me know if you still need this and I can do it tomorrow.

Soonerwink
11-30-2007, 22:46
Here is a link to there manual on the Aqualung website. I think the flow chart is on page 77 of the pdf file. http://www.aqualung.com/technical_library/Vyper_UK.pdf

Goober
12-01-2007, 07:07
Thanks guys, I'd done several searches myself, only to go to a home site that was dutch,swiss, german something. I was getting very frustrated.

This thing is brand new but....Someone stationed at Kingsbay had put it on layaway at my LDS. Apparently after a few payments they had not heard from the party that purchased it in well over a year.

My LDS had let the individual walk with the lit that came with the unit at the time of putting it on layaway in good faith. I was able to pick the console (compass and gauge as well) up for right around 230.00 bucks I think is what is on the reciept.

I figured the hassle of trying to figure it out without the paper work was well worth the savings.

Thanks again!

Soonerwink
12-01-2007, 09:28
Sounds like you got a terrific deal, I have the same setup and have never had any problems. The Vyper isn't too hard to figure out. I think the instruction manual is hard reading though. I also just used to flow chart to learn the computer. I just kept it in my logbook.

Goober
12-01-2007, 10:11
Sounds like you got a terrific deal, I have the same setup and have never had any problems. The Vyper isn't too hard to figure out. I think the instruction manual is hard reading though. I also just used to flow chart to learn the computer. I just kept it in my logbook.

Do you have a pc interface cable for yours? If so what did it set you back? Also, I did stumble across the log book within on my way to my check out dives. I was curious if it had ever been in the water. The were no dives in the memory. However, now there is 19 which is a few more than I've actually logged. I actually have 7 good dives in MY paper logbook.

So my question is this: When you surface if only for a minute or two (as we did a lot of during check outs), and go back down is it counting it as another different dives. Is there a time limit you can be on the surface before it resets itself for the next dive when you drop below 2' again?

ReefHound
12-01-2007, 13:22
I just emailed the scans but it's not a hard computer to learn.

The Vyper resets after 5 minutes above 4 feet depth so I could see a training session recording lots of short dives. Just run through the logbook and check the dive times. There is no "authorized" way to clear the logbook memory but there is at least one 3rd party tool (hack) that will let you do it.

I log electronically using Diving Log 4.x (Suunto Dive Manager is really crappy software) so I use the interface all the time. You can pick up a serial interface for about $50 and a USB for about $70 if you look around. The serial works fine but is a little slower and detecting the COM ports is quirky, in my experience.

I really like the Vyper but I think I would rather have it's cheaper cousin the Gekko. It's basically the Vyper with PC interface disabled (there are hacks around this), no gauge mode (I don't use it in gauge mode), and no backlight (I don't use the backlight). But the Gekko hasa luminescent display in lieu of backlight that will glow for a few minutes after shining a light on it (which is what I do on night dives) so that display would benefit me more than a backlight which only stays on 10 to 30 seconds max.

Goober
12-05-2007, 17:33
Sweet, thanks for the good info. Maybe someday I'll be able to return the favor!