PDA

View Full Version : Another quick brigade question....

Bryanmc
11-30-2007, 08:21
There is a strap just above the upper tank band. It is flat at both ends, then sewed into a "rolled strap" in the middle. Is this a tank locating strap or a carry handle. Don't laugh, it could be used for either but I'm not sure it's strong enough to carry the bc with a tank and weights installed.

Thanks....
Bryan

tarheeldiver
11-30-2007, 10:13
I use it for both its`stronger than it looks. If the tank is hooked to it I carry it by the tank weights alone no problem

diversteve
11-30-2007, 15:38
it could be used for either but I'm not sure it's strong enough to carry the bc with a tank and weights installed.It was for about the first 3 years I owned my Ranger. Ripped clean off last fall when a DM was using it to lift my gear onto the boat. No damage to the BC though. I kind of miss it..handy way to carry the BC.

quasimoto
12-02-2007, 12:47
It can be used for both. Also makes for a good loop to hang the BC to dry.

kev99
12-02-2007, 18:22
I use the "handle" as a way to automatically set tank height to the BC. I slide the BC down over the tank and get the right height (relation of the valve to the top of the BC). I already have the handle over the valve and just cinch it up so the BC is basically hanging on to the tank by the "handle". Then I latch the tank straps tight. The next time I set up with the same size tank, it is already at the right height for me.

PlatypusMan
12-02-2007, 19:27
I use the "handle" as a way to automatically set tank height to the BC. I slide the BC down over the tank and get the right height (relation of the valve to the top of the BC). I already have the handle over the valve and just cinch it up so the BC is basically hanging on to the tank by the "handle". Then I latch the tank straps tight. The next time I set up with the same size tank, it is already at the right height for me.

I do exactly the same thing; in fact, I believe I was told that that's the exact reason that thing is there for!:smiley2:

firstdive2005
01-05-2008, 11:39
kev99, you must be brilliant, thats exactly how I use mine. lol. not that I am. (brilliant)

fisheater
01-06-2008, 00:34
I'll keep that in mind what I set my gear for my pool sessions, that start on Tuesday. (Finally getting close. I'm SO excited!)