PDA

View Full Version : Aeris Atmos ai software issues

kev99
12-03-2007, 21:59
So, I finally bought the download cable for mine and my wife's Aeris Atmos ai's. I downloaded the software to my laptop, hooked up the cable, and pressed both buttons until it said "set", then scrolled through to PC with the countdown. I clicked the start button on the window of the software and it said something about starting handshake or something? Anyway, then it quits and I do not see any data downloaded. I just tried this for the first time this evening and I have not looked anywhere else, just thought I would post a note here to see if anyone could give me some quick points. Most software I usually just download it, open it, and start using it with no problems; not this time! Anyway, I am using Vista home premium if that matters.

Any ideas?

JugglingMonkeys
12-04-2007, 05:06
The latest software version is here:
DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Software (http://www.diveaeris.com/service_software.html)

They have great customer support for their software. Give them a call: (866) 732-7877 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.

jwagner
12-04-2007, 06:30
I'm still using XP. If it started the handshake, it sees the cable and usb driver. The other thing is to make sure that you don't have the sample rate set too high. I lost all but two of 19 dives in Cozumel because I set the sampleing rate too high. I don't think it is your problem though, you would have at least some dive info to download, even if it was set to the max.

PsychDiver
12-04-2007, 07:51
I have an Oceanic VT3 and have some problems with dive downloading but not giving any data for the dive - it just says that it happened. Than also the SAC doesn't ever download. The software seems to be a problem for Aries and Oceanics.

Zenagirl
12-04-2007, 17:38
I've only had one problem downloading my dives from my Aeris AI and I have Vista Home Premium as well.....that was not getting the plug into the DC properly. Because the "socket" in the DC isn't a full one, it is easy to have it slightly out and not making a full connection.

bperrybap
12-05-2007, 16:18
Did the computer display light up all the segments?
i.e. all numbers are 8' and all icons on?
If not, the cable is not properly attached to the dive computer.

--- bill

kev99
12-06-2007, 20:25
Thanks everyone for your input. I believe some of you were right and I did not have the cable just so, because I tried again tonight and voila! there are my dives downloaded. Now, I need to go through and play around with it so I will know how to use the software.

Thanks,
Kevin

kev99
12-06-2007, 20:47
By the way, on my screen when I am reviewing the dive and it shows all of the numbers and figures, there are blacked out areas. There is a box that is showing percentage, like when I adjust to my nitrox mix, I know that is what it is, but there is black all around it and other boxes. Does anybody elses look like this? In other words, there is a box with numbers or information in it, but beside it where some title should be, it is black.