PDA

View Full Version : Water in Depth Gauge

DarinMartell
12-04-2007, 15:39
I have a older two gauge console that was serviced a year ago. After my last dive I noticed drops of water in my depth gauge. Is it possible to remove it from the console and open it up? Thanks in advance!

No Misses
12-04-2007, 16:50
Yes, you can remove it from the console. After you get it out - through it in the trash. Purchase a new depth gauge and install it in the console. Of course, this is a perfect oportunity to get that new dive computer that inserts into the same size opening in your console ;-)

P.S. please don't take offense at my wise a$$ comments. It is not intended that way. Good luck.

TRACI
12-04-2007, 16:53
I just had that happen to my Tusa gauge that was less then a year old, I sent it back to the manufacturer before the warranty expired.

Puffer Fish
12-04-2007, 19:21
I have a older two gauge console that was serviced a year ago. After my last dive I noticed drops of water in my depth gauge. Is it possible to remove it from the console and open it up? Thanks in advance!

I might be possible... unlikely, but possible, however, you would still be left with what to do then..I like the get a new computer idea...

Daved
12-04-2007, 22:08
I do not like agreeing with Near Misses---but dam that is funny. Unless it can be serviced by depot--spend a couple of bucks and get a computer.

DarinMartell
12-05-2007, 10:55
Thanks for the ideas, I will probably go the computer route, I was just hoping I could somehow fix it to keep in my kit as a backup.

DarinMartell
12-10-2007, 13:29
Ok, I got the SPG out of the boot no problem, is there a secret on how to remove the depth gauge?

adv_diver1
12-10-2007, 15:09
I would replace it.. would not want it to fail you on a dive. Especialy when they are so cheap. Or upgrade to a computer.

DarinMartell
12-10-2007, 16:59
I am looking at computers that fit in my gauge boot. I am having a hard time getting the gauge out of the boot, the spg came out easy, but I am a hard time getting out the depth gauge. It feels like it will tear the boot.

awap
12-10-2007, 17:46
I am looking at computers that fit in my gauge boot. I am having a hard time getting the gauge out of the boot, the spg came out easy, but I am a hard time getting out the depth gauge. It feels like it will tear the boot.

Warm (hot) water should soften the boot and make it more pliable.

Scubakraut
12-11-2007, 17:07
if hot water does not work, spray some WD40 around the edges.

DarinMartell
01-19-2008, 00:02
Thanks for the advice, The arm twisting worked and I just got a Oceanic VEO 180 for my consule and a Timex Helix watch as a backup depth gauge. And yes, soaking it in hot water did the trick. Thanks again!