PDA

View Full Version : Post Counts Wrong?

Diver Kat
12-04-2007, 22:20
Okay .. is it just me? Or are everyone's post counts off? My User CP lists a total of 4 posts (I guess 5 once this one hits!) but when you look at all my actual posts, there are 6 showing ( or 7 now!) Is there a reason it's miscounting by 2?

Steve Scuba
12-04-2007, 22:29
Some of the forums don't get you post counts, such as the "Man Laws" and replying to folks that introduce themselves in the welcome section. It's to avoid the racking up of posts on non-scuba related stuff.

PsychDiver
12-04-2007, 22:29
Haven't noticed my count being off - but I didn't pay much attention in the beginning and and now too many to try to count.

RoadRacer1978
12-04-2007, 23:04
Some of the forums don't get you post counts, such as the "Man Laws" and replying to folks that introduce themselves in the welcome section. It's to avoid the racking up of posts on non-scuba related stuff.

Steve Scuba has it correct. Not all areas in the forum count toward you post count. The non-Scuba related areas do not count toward your post count. This is mainly to keep people from abusing the generosity of Joe and Larry and just posting away in the welcome area or man laws and scoring a gift cert. without actually conttributing anything meaningful to the Scuba related areas.

Diver Kat
12-05-2007, 13:32
Thanks Guys ... that makes sense!! Hadn't thought about it, but I guess you could just say Hi to 250 new people to earn a GC!!

Steve Scuba
12-05-2007, 13:55
Especially considering how fast we're growing, just 20 members shy of 3,000 at this point. :)