PDA

View Full Version : Filling an order "?"

navyhmc
12-05-2007, 09:29
Well, I made my first of what I am sure will be many orders. I am sure there will be many just by looking at my wish list.

My question is very simple: What is the time frame for filling an online order? I know that time of day and how many orders are being filled will infulence the actual time, but I am just curious about what the time line is.

Okay, I will admit it! I am anxious to get my hand on new dive gear. I can't wait-I'm the kid that started shaking the christmas presents even before the thanksgiving turkey was cold. Heck, I even turn to the last page of the comic books to see how they turned out-I haven't read more than the last 3 pages of any murder mystery....:smiley36:

ETA 300 posts...300 posts!!!!!

ReefHound
12-05-2007, 10:14
In my experience, if they have it in stock it will go out within a business day and be in your hands a day or two after that. But I would not be surprised if they are a day or two slower this time of year.

RoadRacer1978
12-05-2007, 10:24
I can feel your anticipation. I am planning on making a purchase very soon and I will not want to wait for the shipping either. I am planning on making the three hour drive down to the shop and making my purchase there. Not only will I get to take the items home with me, but I will get to meet some of the staff from ScubaToys, that will be a treat in itself.

From some of the posts in the Job Well Done section I'd say they will get your order on it's way very quickly.

dallasdivergirl
12-05-2007, 10:26
Right now, if it's in stock and you placed your order early in the day I can see where it would go out the same day or next day. If it's something that has to be ordered then add 4 to 5 (+ now due to the holiday) business days for them to get the items in stock & then shipped out to you.

If something is not in stock they will call & say hey "navyhmc, your light you ordered in yellow we have only blue in stock. Do you want to exchange for blue or do you want to wait for the yellow?"

Steve Scuba
12-05-2007, 13:57
Right now, if it's in stock and you placed your order early in the day I can see where it would go out the same day or next day. If it's something that has to be ordered then add 4 to 5 (+ now due to the holiday) business days for them to get the items in stock & then shipped out to you.

If something is not in stock they will call & say hey "navyhmc, your light you ordered in yellow we have only blue in stock. Do you want to exchange for blue or do you want to wait for the yellow?"

Blue.. no, yellow -aaaaarrrrrghhhh! Anyone else just have a Monty Python flashback or am I the only one that geeky?

navyhmc
12-05-2007, 20:24

Blue.. no, yellow -aaaaarrrrrghhhh! Anyone else just have a Monty Python flashback or am I the only one that geeky?

"Red..no Blue..."

It's already a thread: http://forum.scubatoys.com/comments-questions-dont-fit-above/4212-what-airspeed-velocity-unladen-swallow.html

If you could cut and paste the varoius quotes, I belive you'll have the entire script! :smilie39:

I was wondering how dallasdivergirl was able to see my order and how she knew I wanted the yellow one. :D hi dallasdivergirl:wave:

wheelman
12-05-2007, 21:56
I can feel your anticipation. I am planning on making a purchase very soon and I will not want to wait for the shipping either. I am planning on making the three hour drive down to the shop and making my purchase there. Not only will I get to take the items home with me, but I will get to meet some of the staff from ScubaToys, that will be a treat in itself.

From some of the posts in the Job Well Done section I'd say they will get your order on it's way very quickly.

Ahhh... the bird in the hand. Leave the check book home except for your planned purchases. I myself can't seem to get out of the shop for more than I anticipated spending. :smiley2:

jwagner
12-06-2007, 06:29
I want my stuff so bad that I'm going to the store in person Sat. Yeah it's a 6 hour round trip but I will have the stuff I want, (and even more things I didn't know I wanted) in my hands right then.

navyhmc
12-06-2007, 14:54
I got my fix...I'm much better now!!!! Not bad order late Tuesday and get in
Friday Thursday morning. That is service-don't know if they smiled when the packed and sent it though...:)

dallasdivergirl
12-06-2007, 14:57

"Red..no Blue..."

It's already a thread: http://forum.scubatoys.com/comments-questions-dont-fit-above/4212-what-airspeed-velocity-unladen-swallow.html

If you could cut and paste the varoius quotes, I belive you'll have the entire script! :smilie39:

I was wondering how dallasdivergirl was able to see my order and how she knew I wanted the yellow one. :D hi dallasdivergirl:wave:

if you ordered on Tuesday & you are getting it Friday I had nothing to do with your order....I am only there on Saturdays.

That was just a good guess with the yellow. it's a very popular light color. Something about a black colored light is hard to see on the bottom of the ocean when you drop it.

mm2002
12-07-2007, 22:14
Something about a black colored light is hard to see on the bottom of the ocean when you drop it.

Only if it's turned off!:smiley36:

Really, according to my recent experience with ST, they ship PRONTO! A very nice experience compared to a lot of online businesses.

danielh03
12-13-2007, 23:39
I placed an order on Friday for a pretty specific reg set. They said it would be a few days, so no biggie. I emailed them Wednesday, and they said they were waiting on my reg still. But this time of year I am in no rush because the water is to feaken cold for me. If I were in a rush it might irk me, but you know, the service I have recieved so far and the peace of mind knowing it will be right is worth the wait!

divechaplain-sara
12-14-2007, 00:08
I usually go in the shop, but since I live in Fort Worth instead of Dallas, I did order on-line once. I placed my order at about 4 pm. I received it at 10 am the next day. It only had to travel about 50 miles but that was fast service.

DZorn00
12-17-2007, 14:17
I usually go in the shop, but since I live in Fort Worth instead of Dallas, I did order on-line once. I placed my order at about 4 pm. I received it at 10 am the next day. It only had to travel about 50 miles but that was fast service.

There is no need to brag about how close you are :smiley19:

PsychDiver
12-18-2007, 07:38
I live in Houston and if I order early in the day - I get it the next day even with regular shipping.