PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen my tank??

tnrussell50
12-05-2007, 19:14
:frustrert: It's been over a month since I left that sucker for hydro and vip! (at ST ) Tag number 0975 , maroon metallic w/ black shark. (no I didn't paint it) Anybody got thiers back lately? Did everybody turn thier tanks in that week? :smiley19:

Russell

mm2002
12-06-2007, 09:18
Have you tried calling ST?

tnrussell50
12-06-2007, 21:32
yeah, the store is near my office, so I visit as well. Just hoping somebody would chime in and enlighten me with some current info. I am beginning to fear that my tank has "grown legs" or maybe turned into beer cans.

BSea
12-06-2007, 22:25
yeah, the store is near my office, so I visit as well. Just hoping somebody would chime in and enlighten me with some current info. I am beginning to fear that my tank has "grown legs" or maybe turned into beer cans.Well if for some reason it doesn't show up, and you have to get a new one. Just remember.

Beer cans arn't made of steel.

mm2002
12-06-2007, 22:30
So, because they're "near your office", you feel that they should call you and keep you updated on the status of your gear? If you regularly visit the store anyway, why don't you just ask about your tank?
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to post on the forum about this, especially if you're local to the store.
According to your post count, I'm going to have to assume that you're just looking to start some crap. Do us all a favor and make the call, or visit them in person about your problem. I for one would find it awfully hard to imagine that ST is trying to rip you off over some silly used scuba tank.

tnrussell50
12-06-2007, 23:07
Uh, okay. Didn't mean to get in your "yard" , mr. pitbull post-count guy. Apparently , you misunderstand. I have called and gone by the store, and no, I don't expect anyone to jump on the phone to kiss my butt. However, it would be nice to know where my tank is and for somebody to check on it . I also posted because maybe, somebody just got thier tank back and would say, " hey, they are backed up somethin' fierce, just gotta wait." Plus it would be stupid to suggest that ST walked off with my tank. That is not what I am saying, sorry. I would like to know if it is still at the tank service, etc. I believe this IS the complaint section of this forum.

So , I figure, there is no harm in asking on this board, since I have already asked inside the actual shop. I suppose I communicated this incorrectly.

So cool off, post-count guy.

Arguing on the net is like being in the special olympics, you may win but your're still a retard.

Should have bought a steel!

cummings66
12-07-2007, 10:26
I don't know how ST does their hydro's, but my LDS which is also a Hydro facility only does hydro's when they get enough tanks in to do it. That means they might do a couple a month depending on time of year to one every couple months.

When I drop mine off for Hydro I'll ask them when they expect to have it done and they'll tell me when to expect it. Another LDS sends it off and they take at least one month from start to end.

For what it's worth, and not to rub it in, but my last hydro I dropped it off one day and picked it up the next. He did the hydro, vis, and fill for me and I spent $33 total for it. I got lucky and he was in the process of setting up for the hydro run that day.

Good luck, I feel for you. I'm sure your tank hasn't turned into beer cans, yet...

fyrediver
12-07-2007, 10:27
:smiley36: :smilie40: :smiley36: :smilie39: I'm not a flame thrower, and I dig you asking and all. I just thought the, "post count guy," just killed me. I'm not egging nothing on between any and all, that was just a funny line. I for one, am in no hurry to buy my own tank as of yet. Perhaps as I progress, I will find the need to. But the hassle of dragging it with you places like airlines is a pain. if I lived where I dove? I'd get me one then I think. Firemen love a good comeback, I just had to laugh, hope your tank "surfaces" :smiley36:

RoadRacer1978
12-07-2007, 10:54
Last Hydro at my LDS took about 6 weeks from drop off to return. They send them off and told me it would be a month. Ran two weeks longer for some reason, they were not sure why. Glad hydros are only every 5 years. Pain waiting on them to get done sometimes.

dallasdivergirl
12-07-2007, 10:59
why don't you pm Joe or Larry and ask them about your tank?

There is no need for the back and forth on the deal with the "post count" guy. I see that you are new and have only posted on this thread....so both of you guys just keep things civil, K?

WaScubaDude
12-07-2007, 12:02

There is no need for the back and forth on the deal with the "post count" guy. I see that you are new and have only posted on this thread....so just keep things civil, K?

Was really mm2 that was out of line. A little too quick on the defence. It is the guy with 300 plus posts that needs a reminder. IMNSHO

dallasdivergirl
12-07-2007, 12:34

There is no need for the back and forth on the deal with the "post count" guy. I see that you are new and have only posted on this thread....so just keep things civil, K?

Was really mm2 that was out of line. A little too quick on the defence. It is the guy with 300 plus posts that needs a reminder. IMNSHO

The keep it civil was for both guys. I wasn't singling either one out.

mm2002
12-07-2007, 12:40
Hey wait a sec here, I wasn't trying to start a war! :smiley36:

I suppose it just struck me as kinda odd that someone who hasn't even been a contributing poster to the forum come here to ask a question that could have been directed directly to ST by telephone (or in this persons case, at the store). Sorry if my brutal honesty offended anyone.

Sincerely,
Mr. Pitbull post-count guy

WaScubaDude
12-07-2007, 13:10
Snip...
According to your post count, I'm going to have to assume that you're just looking to start some crap. Snip...

Not exactly diplomatic. That's all I am saying.

cummings66
12-07-2007, 14:01
Are we all friends again?

It seems based on what I know of my local hydro facility and local dive shops plus a poster here that a wait of a month isn't out of line. I admit I wouldn't want to wait that long.

ScubaToys Larry
12-07-2007, 14:29
Ok guys... Let's leave this one alone now... the show's over... nothing to see here. It turns out the delay on his tank was due to the fact it was an older tank made from the T6351 aluminum that no one in this area will fill at the lakes, and we won't fill them in the shop...

The hydro place won't hydro them unless you pay an extra fee and they do a Visual Plus - and they have to get approval in advance... So we had to see if the customer wanted to pay extra for a tank that no one in the area really wants to fill...

That was the reason for the delays with the Hydro facility - and the customer has gotten their tank back now and we are looking for a Compact 80 for him... If anyone has a used one they want to sell... that is a post 90 tank... I'm sure he might be interested.

So let's all let this one rest... no need for anyone to be upset at each other over this situation... it was just one of those things... So back to posting about Chuck Norris, what beer you like... or heaven forbid... some comments about scuba diving!

Zenagirl
12-07-2007, 17:22
How about a group hug!?! :D

mm2002
12-07-2007, 18:40
Who's Chuck Norris? :smiley36:

Hey, it's all good. Hugs for all!
What the hey, I got a cool new sig out of the deal. I kinda like it!

BuzzF117
12-08-2007, 09:25
It's been over a month since I left that sucker for hydro and vip! (at ST )

In most cases at most businesses if you don't come looking for your stuff after month it becomes theirs! Local tire place it becomes theirs after 48 hrs

Black-Gorrilla
12-08-2007, 15:24
So back to posting about Chuck Norris, what beer you like... or heaven forbid... some comments about scuba diving!

why would we be talking about scuba diving?? i understand the beer and chuck noris talk, just dont get the whole "talk about diving thing"
:smiley2:

Puffer Fish
12-08-2007, 19:27

Difficult issue here.. not sure if you should be "pitbull guy" or "Post count guy" Or perhaps PB/PC guy...

mm2002
12-08-2007, 20:47

Difficult issue here.. not sure if you should be "pitbull guy" or "Post count guy" Or perhaps PB/PC guy...

Ya know, I think ya got a point there. "PB/PC Guy" has kind of a ring to it. It almost sounds like an important title or something. Regardless, it's sure to raise some questions. Mr. Puffer guy, I think I'm gonna go with it. Thanks!:smiley36:

all4scuba
12-10-2007, 09:32
Plate Back/Personal Computer Guy? I think you mean Back Plate :)

frankc420
12-10-2007, 10:21

Pit Bull/Post Count guy

Bigg_Budd
12-10-2007, 12:06
Chuck Norris. Heheheheheheh!

all4scuba
12-11-2007, 16:26

Pit Bull/Post Count guy

yeah,I was just messin'

mark44883
03-10-2008, 13:19
bud light might be doing a new commiercal.(THIS BUD FOR YOU OFFICAL POST COUNT GUY)

mwhities
03-10-2008, 13:26
I always though Larry was the "post count guy"?

Crimediver
03-10-2008, 14:54
I usually take my tanks to a fire extinguisher facility, They hydro daily. Nost of the time I get 'er done in a week. take it to the LDS and they wait til they accumulate a truck load and haul them to the same place and add a ten buck charge.

fkostyun
03-11-2008, 14:40
Same here - I have a hydro facility near me - they charge me 25 for the hydro, and it takes 5 days. Last one I spent 45 - as I had the tank tumbled, stripped and painted at the same time.

cummings66
03-11-2008, 17:12
The hydro facility did that for you?

Crimediver
03-11-2008, 21:00
Some facilities will bead blast and paint very reasonably. Hydro comes after blasting.

fkostyun
03-12-2008, 21:05
They sure will - they had thousands of cylinders at this place - The place was called Thunderbird Cylinder. Not uncommon at all - you have to remember they handle all sorts of cylinders, from oxygen, welding, fire extinguishers, SCBA and SCUBA tanks.

What I did think was super funny is that when I was there dropping off my tank, a LDS's tanks were also there.