PDA

View Full Version : bought a reg finally - Tusa RS460

mitsuguy
12-07-2007, 11:12
found just a steal of a deal on ebay... according to the seller, only 6 months old (he is sending receipts)...

anyways, got the Tusa RS460 Regulator, with their SS10 second, and a Mares single SPG... whats crazy, is this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for - I like the Tusa lineup, and because I use a wrist computer, just a pressure gauge is all I want / need...

ST sells the 460 for $295, the second for $72, and although they don't carry that SPG, it usually sells for around $100... got the whole deal for $250... pretty happy about the deal...

edit: and now I can save my $50 gift certificate for something else cool :)

Black-Gorrilla
12-07-2007, 19:01
like all divers... this is just the start... and that 50 $ gift will barely put a dent in the purchases you are gonna get when you loose your mind like the rest of us.

mitsuguy
12-07-2007, 20:26
like all divers... this is just the start... and that 50 $ gift will barely put a dent in the purchases you are gonna get when you loose your mind like the rest of us.

well, the next is another reg setup for my wife... hers will be a little more though, her console will need a computer (preferably atmos2 to match mine)... we'll see... after that, well, it'll be the little stuff mainly, we already have bcd's, and all the rest of the basics...

Zenagirl
12-08-2007, 07:58
Ahh grasshopper, you have just BEGUN to buy gear. ;) Both my husband and I have just about completely replaced every bit of gear we bought when first certified, and if you're going to be a DM, don't be shocked when the dive shop you work for requires you to use what they sell.

BSea
12-08-2007, 09:15
if you're going to be a DM, don't be shocked when the dive shop you work for requires you to use what they sell.Yes but the good part is you don't have to pay full price for the gear you don't want. :smiley5:

mitsuguy
12-08-2007, 09:24
Ahh grasshopper, you have just BEGUN to buy gear. ;) Both my husband and I have just about completely replaced every bit of gear we bought when first certified, and if you're going to be a DM, don't be shocked when the dive shop you work for requires you to use what they sell.

here in the states maybe, but I did ask around when in the Caribbean, where we will be, and the DM's we had, had their own gear independent of what the shop used... Of course, down there, the focus is on the actual diving and certifications, not gear sales...

but, as noted, it might be a good cheap way to acquire more junk :)

mitsuguy
12-09-2007, 11:56
heh, just got another good deal on the exact same reg on ebay... damn, good luck to me lately...

this time, RS460, 1 year old, used "once", no octo, but includes mares 3 gauge console - $150... the guy didn't list it as a rs460, just a tusa reg... no wonder it was so cheap... thats $400 worth of stuff...