PDA

View Full Version : New Forum

adv_diver1
12-10-2007, 20:27
I think there should be a forum named "Where's the rum?" and it should be limited to posts about places to eat and drink in the areas we dive.

Kinda an ongoing forum about MUST Eat/Go restaurants/bars or must gets on a menu... and also places to avoid. It could be the ScubaToys.com version of a Frommer's guide!

And also to share your experiences at establishments you have visited while on dive trips around the country and around the globe.

:smiley20:

Scubakraut
12-12-2007, 15:07
Good idea, I always love restaurant guides, but when people you know recommend a place it is good insider info. Let's create a new forum for it :smiley20:

Scubakraut
12-12-2007, 17:11
we should also create a Africa (Red Sea, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya etc) and Indian Ocean (Seychelles, Maldives, Sri Lanka) forum under Dive spots.

diversteve
12-12-2007, 17:15
Personally I'd rather see that kind of information in the forum for the destination being discussed as it is now.

Why have to go to two different forums to obtain the full details for a destination?

adv_diver1
12-12-2007, 18:13
I think it would be VERY useful... thenyou don't have to search through all of the trip and travel posts and can just find good food establishments and everyone can share good seafood and other recipes...

divingchef
12-12-2007, 22:10
adv_diver1 had the idea of a "food forum" as it relates to diving or dive travel.....

it could be as simple as recipes for homemade trail mix to enjoy between tanks.....to the kind of recipes I have tried to post in the "recipe swap" post. All that could (with enough interest) be divided into regions, or dive trip memories, etc.....then at the same time we share information about restaurants around the globe in dive spots.....we could add a wine to enjoy with dive food, there are no limits, however the goal is to keep everything dive related.....otherwise you can just hang out on the food channel blog....The recipes I have posted have been seafood concentrated with the intention of moving toward "self-harvested" food...lobster, crab, sea cucumbers, oysters, etc....all dive related....

or we could just be divers talking about food...which works as well and doesn´t bother me at all....

what do you think?

adv_diver1
12-12-2007, 22:21
A collection of GOOD seafood restaurants around the world, a collection of good recipes for seafood.... etc.

It would be very cool. I am sure the ladies would also enjoy it. I am a cooker, so it is right up my alley.

How 'bout others???

divingchef
12-12-2007, 22:34
i promise to post one of my "michelin" recipes at least once a week....