PDA

View Full Version : Will this fit in a Dive Rite QD sleeve (Compudude)

CompuDude
07-24-2007, 14:45
Yes and no.

Err, "probably" and "maybe". Better? ;)

The photo is the same, but that's the "new and improved" version that has a self-sealing bottom. Mine does not. The dimensions quoted look identical. My concern is that it's the same photo and the same description, only changed to add the blurb about th self-sealing bottom. That's fine if nothing else changed. If it was a web development shortcut and there are actually some differences, however... *shrug*

BSea
07-24-2007, 14:53
I believe it will also. My buddy has the zeagle version (I think it's the same thing including the self sealing feature, itjust says Zeagle), and it fits in his quick draw sleeve. Currently I just bungee mine, but I think I'm going to get one of those sleeves. It just seems more secure.

CompuDude
07-24-2007, 18:50
I believe it will also. My buddy has the zeagle version (I think it's the same thing including the self sealing feature, itjust says Zeagle), and it fits in his quick draw sleeve. Currently I just bungee mine, but I think I'm going to get one of those sleeves. It just seems more secure.
<div></div>
<div>I like the sleeve because you can re-stow the bag. I have pulled mine out and decided not toshoot and was able to slip it back in. (What did he just say?)</div>
<div>Couldn't do it when I was bungeed.</div>
I was able to do it once, but generally once it's out, it's going into a pocket rather than back in the bag. Too much hassle to re-stuff it... my arms don't bend that way!

I like it because it lets me store the SMB in the bag, attached to the plate, always ready to go. No risk of forgetting, and don't have to remember another piece of gear on the checklist. It also protects the SMB from getting holes rubbed into it.

BSea
07-24-2007, 19:20
I agree that it's too hard to restow to a bungee. But then again, as John Wayne says. "Don't draw it unless you tend to use it." Ok, maybe it wasn't John Wayne, but it sounds good. But I'm going to get quick draw sleeve. I just think it's a better more secure setup.