PDA

View Full Version : Mares M2 Strap

moosicman
12-12-2007, 11:54
So I got my new Mares M2 from ST today and its very cool but what the heck do I do with this long strap? What have you done with it? I hate to chop it down to size...but DANG.....

Ryanh1801
12-12-2007, 12:15
So I got my new Mares M2 from ST today and its very cool but what the heck do I do with this long strap? What have you done with it? I hate to chop it down to size...but DANG.....

haha I thought the same thing when I got mine last week. Even with my thick wet suit its way to long.

CODMAN
12-13-2007, 06:54
Well guys, when you are sure of the maximum length you need... you chop it down to size!!!!:smilie40::smilie40: Yes, that's what those rings in the plastic strap are for. To help you make a nice smooth cut and shorten it. I've got my M2 cut for my 7mm wetsuit, with a bit extra (maybe 1 inches more). So there is more than enough for my 3mm... I know no one likes cutting their toys... The other option is to let it flop around!:smilie39:

Hope this helps!

SarahBella
12-13-2007, 07:13
Good info to know-My husband and I are looking at getting a couple of those Computers for next season.

Defman
12-13-2007, 07:40
I just tucked the extra between the strap & top of the computer on my Surveyor.

CODMAN
12-13-2007, 11:35
Sarah, they are good little computers! Not too expensive, do nitrox, have a permanent backlight (for night diving; no more continually turning on the light), user changeable batteries, and computer downloadable. I like mine a lot!!!:smiley20:

Cheers!

Good info to know-My husband and I are looking at getting a couple of those Computers for next season.

rfreddo
12-13-2007, 21:04
Just a heads up. On each of my last 2 dive trips I've had pins come out. First the pin where the strap conects on the back of the computer, and second the pin on the buckle. The pins seem to be pretty loose. On mine, at least, you can easily move the pins out of place with just your finger.

Just another something to add to the pre-dive checklist. Would definitely be a bummer to have the pin come out mid dive and loose a computer as a result. Then again, the dang thing is so big, you could see it on the bottom from a long, long way away!

CODMAN
12-14-2007, 07:43
Hehe...:smiley2: I used to find it big also. I originally wanted something like a watch... But now I really appreciate the size of the numbers and don't find it that big anymore...:smiley20:

Freddo, on mine the pins are fine. Have you looked into getting this covered by warranty? It would really stink to loose your computer over a 300 ft wall...:smilie40:

Just trying to help!

Just a heads up. On each of my last 2 dive trips I've had pins come out. First the pin where the strap conects on the back of the computer, and second the pin on the buckle. The pins seem to be pretty loose. On mine, at least, you can easily move the pins out of place with just your finger.

Just another something to add to the pre-dive checklist. Would definitely be a bummer to have the pin come out mid dive and loose a computer as a result. Then again, the dang thing is so big, you could see it on the bottom from a long, long way away!

nlamere
12-15-2007, 06:55
I had the same problem with my M1... I never had the courage to chop it... I simply fold it back over... that's what I've found :smiley2:

Kabniel
12-18-2007, 11:09
Hehe...:smiley2: I used to find it big also. I originally wanted something like a watch... But now I really appreciate the size of the numbers and don't find it that big anymore...:smiley20:

Freddo, on mine the pins are fine. Have you looked into getting this covered by warranty? It would really stink to loose your computer over a 300 ft wall...:smilie40:

Just trying to help!

Thread a length of shock-cord or cave line through one of the holes in the strap and loop it on your wrist then even if your strap or pins break you only have to replace the strap and not your computer :smiley20:

moosicman
12-18-2007, 13:23
My pins seem stable. I ended up folding the strap back into and under itself and it wasn't a problem. I know there are demarkations for cutting it, I just don't want to do that. HEHE