PDA

View Full Version : thanks for all the free scuba gear scubatoys

bordhead
07-23-2007, 23:10
http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifjust kidding. made you look... http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif
great job on the new site joe and larry. no more scubaboard for me. this will be my new hang out.

ScubaToys Larry
07-23-2007, 23:15
Well thanks for coming by. We'll be making some big changes later this week, improving the options on the board, so please hang in there during our transition.

It good to have you on-board!

94GTStang
07-24-2007, 00:04
I was about to say... all the money I spent with Larry's shop...

creggur
07-24-2007, 07:57
great job on the new site joe and larry this will be my new hang out.

Same here!!! I just hope everything transfers to the new servers, I just made Guppy!!!http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

DiveCaptain
07-24-2007, 11:42
Great job on the site!! Glad I found this one before Scubaboard. Haven't heard very good things about it.

kevinj1
07-25-2007, 14:15
I have never posted on scubaboard, but I have not heard great things either-------hmmm---I am starting to see a pattern here.

creggur
07-25-2007, 15:26
There are some good folks over at SB, however like any community, especially one that large, you get some that aren't that great.. There seems to be quite a bit of the "holier than thou" thing that goes on over there...Experienced that one first hand, not thin-skinned by any means, it just leaves a bad taste ya know..
<DIV>I dunno, didn't hang out there too long, and I think I like it better here anyway..</DIV>

JahJahwarrior
07-27-2007, 11:53
The advantage SB has right now is multi-fold.

-More people. Tonnes and Tonnes more people! This means more knowledge, more posts, more subforums. If you wanted to find a dive buddy anywhere in the world, SB is the place to go, and will be the place to go, rather than here, for quite a while, because

-SB has been around longer. It's much more established.

I really love SB. I like it here too. I prefer SB, but this place will grow. SB is much much much more active, and that can change as ST grows. I don't like to see people slamming SB when they haven't even registered or hung out over there much....I've been over there for quite some time and I haven't been very put off by it at all. There are many tight-knit groups over there that treat you like family, and everyone kind of sticks up for other people when someone does get bash-happy.

Black-Gorrilla
07-27-2007, 12:41
i like the founding member yellow tag under my name :) makes me smile and feel all fuzzy inside... like a koala

ParrotHead
07-27-2007, 13:53
http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifjust kidding. made you look... http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif
<DIV>great job on the new site joe and larry. no more scubaboard for me. this will be my new hang out.</DIV>

Bordhead - You dog! Yes, you made me look. ;)
-PH

scubasavvy
08-24-2007, 11:05
Ah SB...everybody knows everything...don't bother asking a question. Someone will blast you for not knowing anything and then someone else blasts them for giving bad advice. Basically, you ask a question and people get into arguments. Seriously, read through one thread with multiple posts, and by the end of it, they're talking about something absolutely different...most of the time not even pertaining to Scuba.

bubba105
08-24-2007, 13:27
I tend to lurk, as can be seen by my post total. I went to post on SB today, took me 15 minutes typing with one finger and when I hit "post reply" it went dead. They seem to be having growing too big pains.

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-24-2007, 13:56
I don't like to see people slamming SB when they haven't even registered or hung out over there much....I've been over there for quite some time and I haven't been very put off by it at all.

I've been over there for a few months and I still think there are a bunch of ovrbearing boors that think their way is the only way....with exceptions of course!

[quote=jahjahwarrior;10467] There are many tight-knit groups over there that treat you like family, and everyone kind of sticks up for other people when someone does get bash-happy.

You have proven your point well!!:smilie39:

greyzen
08-24-2007, 17:46
ScubaBoard has false numbers...

I've been arguing with them for two days to remove an email address that was registered to them for no damn reason.

It is "Their Policy" to not remove email or usernames regardless of the reasons.

I find it amusing their "policy"... for a free website...

:rofl:

scubafreak
08-26-2007, 20:29
This place just plain and simply rocks :)

Divegirl
08-26-2007, 22:57
To funny, made us look. THE KEY word is FREE, i was wanting to get some of that scubatoy

DivingsInMyBlood
08-26-2007, 23:03
The advantage SB has right now is multi-fold.

-More people. Tonnes and Tonnes more people! This means more knowledge, more posts, more subforums. If you wanted to find a dive buddy anywhere in the world, SB is the place to go, and will be the place to go, rather than here, for quite a while, because

-SB has been around longer. It's much more established.

I really love SB. I like it here too. I prefer SB, but this place will grow. SB is much much much more active, and that can change as ST grows. I don't like to see people slamming SB when they haven't even registered or hung out over there much....I've been over there for quite some time and I haven't been very put off by it at all. There are many tight-knit groups over there that treat you like family, and everyone kind of sticks up for other people when someone does get bash-happy.

:smilie40:
I tend to learn more from reading threads on SB due to the fact of it having many more members and so there is alot more input. I'm sure in time someday ST will start heading that way and will have the ability to house more friendly members. Dont get me wrong SB has some great members but there can be a small handful of bad apples.

cgvmer
08-26-2007, 23:09
I post on both sites, and with the large number of old posts which can be searched.

Just like any community you learn to ignore the annoying people.