PDA

View Full Version : Any one use this?

Mtrewyn
12-15-2007, 00:16
Does any one have one of these? :

BARE 7MM ARCTIC FULL SUIT, Wet Suits, 32 Degrees, BARE 7MM ARCTIC FULL SUIT (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BareArcticSuit)

I'm looking to add a month or two onto my diving season, I have a 3ml suit now and I get cold if the temp gets into the upper 60's.

Or does any one else have another thought?

I want to go dry, but that is just not in the cards for a while you know the money thing.

texdiveguy
12-15-2007, 00:35
I have and use a Bare 7mm Arctic full suit up to the point were I switch over to my dry suit. It is a good cold water wet suit when combine with a quality 7mil full hood and gloves and a nice pair of neo socks in your 7mil boots. The tough part is getting out of the water into a cold wind and chilly cloudy day. Also I will assure you that it will not provide enough thermo protection for 32f waters-LOL....that is real serious dry suit temps! I dove a 7mil Tilos for several full winters in Tx. before getting my dry suit and this BARE 7mil Arctic wet suit. A quality product worth the money to help extend your dive season a wee bit.

Mtrewyn
12-15-2007, 00:40
thanks for the fast reply, I found out about the COLD when you get out of the water this summer, the air was around 50 and the water was around 74-75 and by the time I got to the car just a short walk, to remove my gear, I was shivering uncontrollably, and it was spooky, you know hypothermia and all.

thanks for the input!:smiley20:

comet24
12-15-2007, 01:31
I have the Arctic shorty. Wear it over my Bare 5/4 when it's cold. Very nice suit and I like the built in hood in the temps. I wear it.

wheelman
12-15-2007, 07:25
How cold do you dive this suit? Obviously not to 32f but what would a realistic temp be? 50?

BuzzF117
12-15-2007, 13:25
I used the Bare Artic hooded best with a bare 5/4 wetsuit in 55 dgree water in November and was fine the problem was the air temp. Im really looking forward to a drysuit!

texdiveguy
12-15-2007, 13:43
How cold do you dive this suit? Obviously not to 32f but what would a realistic temp be? 50?

I can stay pretty comfy for most recreational dives of up to 60 minutes in the mid/low 50's with proper hood/gloves/booties. Everyone will be different.

wheelman
12-15-2007, 14:25
Thanks texdiveguy. I have a pretty good tolerance for the cold. Rather than add another wetsuit, I think I will save my money for a drysuit. I have enough to layer to make a mid fifties dive.

texdiveguy
12-15-2007, 14:35
Thanks texdiveguy. I have a pretty good tolerance for the cold. Rather than add another wetsuit, I think I will save my money for a drysuit. I have enough to layer to make a mid fifties dive.

Yea its always hard to tell someone what to expect as we all tol. thermo changes different.....good luck on the dry suit---I know it is a large investment for a diver regardless or what brand/style you decide on. :)

paulwall
12-15-2007, 21:29

BARE 7MM ARCTIC FULL SUIT, Wet Suits, 32 Degrees, BARE 7MM ARCTIC FULL SUIT (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BareArcticSuit)

I'm looking to add a month or two onto my diving season, I have a 3ml suit now and I get cold if the temp gets into the upper 60's.

I want to go dry, but that is just not in the cards for a while you know the money thing.

Check out my review http://forum.scubatoys.com/wetsuits/7072-bare-7mm-arctic-full-suit-initial-impressions.html

cheebaweebie
12-16-2007, 16:42
I dive a Bare 7MM Arctic full. Love the suit. If the temps get in the mid to low 50's (surface temp) that is my limit. I wear a 5 MM hood, 4 MM gloves and 3 MM boots with 3MM neoprene socks. The hard part is getting out of the water.

in_cavediver
12-16-2007, 20:09

On the dry side, look used. I got a Dive Rite 905 for $600. About double the wetsuit but a lot better value.

PsychDiver
12-17-2007, 01:37
I just used my Bare 7mm Artic with built in hood this weekend. I was teaching a class. Air temp was in the 50s and water was 60 deg. I was in the water four hours on Saturday about 1 1/2 hours Sunday. Never got cold anytime. I did start to get a chill out of the water between dives but if I slipped the hood up I warmed up.

CODMAN
12-17-2007, 10:25
yeah, I've got one! It comes with the fullsuit and the vest, so you can pair up to get 14mm over the chest and groin. Love the suit! very comfy for such thickness. I've been down in the 45F range with it and it's fine for me. Not that that temp was all that fun, though...:smilie40:

If you'rer at all cold resistant (like me), you can dive pretty darned cold with that wetsuit/ vest combo!:smiley20:

Mtrewyn
12-21-2007, 09:51

On the dry side, look used. I got a Dive Rite 905 for $600. About double the wetsuit but a lot better value.

I think I could Come up with $600....I'll have to look around a little.:smiley20:

teog
12-21-2007, 19:12
If I had to wear a suit this thick I wouldnt get in the water. tropics for me only.lol

mitchy
12-27-2007, 13:52
I dive one as well. I tend to get cold easily, and with this suit on I'm good for an hour in 55 degree water. It is a thick suit but mobility is fine.

terrillja
12-27-2007, 15:01
thanks for the fast reply, I found out about the COLD when you get out of the water this summer, the air was around 50 and the water was around 74-75 and by the time I got to the car just a short walk, to remove my gear, I was shivering uncontrollably, and it was spooky, you know hypothermia and all.
Maybe if I had to do repetitive dives it would be different, but I dive my 3/2/1 down to about 65-70, but I live in NH, so I'm used t the cold. Also have a semidry and dry suit for the really cold times.