PDA

View Full Version : Pro Plus II problem/question

comet24
12-16-2007, 18:05
Finally got my Pro Plus II. Decided to test it out on a few dive in the Aquarium the other day. My depth was 18' most of the time was shallower. One problem was that it would show only a few minutes or zero for dive time remaining. This was with over 1500 psi in my tank and I should have had hours of NDL. Then at times it would show what I would think was the correct info but most of the time it was telling me I have very little time left. Is there something wrong with my computer. Want to figure this out before I take it to the ocean in a month.

NitroWill
12-16-2007, 18:52
What probably happened is that when you were shallower (10 or less feet probably) it went to surface mode and was not in wet mode which is typical operation. Most computers have to go to 10ft or so to be activated.

comet24
12-16-2007, 19:09
Hope it's that easy. Most of the tank I was in is only 7' with a small 18' part. Now I really want to get wet again and try it. To bad it's winter here.

NitroWill
12-16-2007, 19:11
That is more then likely what it is doing - it just thought you were on the surface so stopped logging. If you have a cable you can hook it up to see. Also see how many dives it logged - it might have logged a couple for one if you came up to 10~ft or so and went back down.

comet24
12-16-2007, 19:18
No cable yet wanted to make sure I liked it before I invested in one. Not sure how I like the dive time remaining thing. Tank pressure has always worked for me. Really want to get it to the ocean for some real dive but that will have to wait till Feb. when I am in FL.

Steve Scuba
12-16-2007, 23:43
I've got the same computer. The manual states that it'll go into interval mode at 3 feet or less. I haven't done any shallow dives with it, so I haven't had that problem, but the rental computer I was using before would end up going into surface mode very often when I would go river diving with the bottom ranging from 8 to 15 feet.

Zenagirl
12-17-2007, 08:45
Make sure to post again after you've used the computer in a deeper dive. I really like the DTR feature on AI computers as it tells you exactly how much no decompression time you have, not necessarily air.

BSea
12-17-2007, 09:21
Not sure how I like the dive time remaining thing. Tank pressure has always worked for me.
I think you'll like it once you get used to it. Tank pressure doesn't always give you your best info. Sometimes you might want to know how long till no-deco.

comet24
12-21-2007, 02:17
Not sure how I like the dive time remaining thing. Tank pressure has always worked for me.
I think you'll like it once you get used to it. Tank pressure doesn't always give you your best info. Sometimes you might want to know how long till no-deco.

Reading what I posted I should have been a little more specific. I not sure about it's large display of BTR because with a quick glance I don't know what the limiting factor is. Such as NDL or gas supply.

Bryanmc
12-21-2007, 07:50
I have the same comp. Bottom time remaining is based on NDL. Gas supply time is only calculated on the bar across the bottom.

Zenagirl
12-21-2007, 07:59
I have the same comp. Bottom time remaining is based on NDL. Gas supply time is only calculated on the bar across the bottom.

Dive Time Remaining is based on either NDL OR how much air you have in your tank, whichever is less. DTR is meant to tell you how long you can safely stay at whatever depth you're at and not let you run out of air or go into deco.

ScubaToys Larry
12-21-2007, 10:30
The other thing you might have been seeing (don't know for sure without seeing it myself) is anytime you head down, then come up shallower, it will give an automatic 3 minute safety stop count down timer... If you were seeing a very small number that was counting down... it might have been that.

tech2424
07-20-2009, 15:33
I have a proplus2 after two Dives I tried to access the log when I tried to access it the charecters were not right giberish.Ihad the batteries changed but still no good.