PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Poison

Ajuva
07-24-2007, 15:49
We're all adults here so what is your drink of choice.
<DIV>Personally I'm a rum drinker and enjoy the odd Cuba Libre.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Not averse to a white russian though.</DIV>

bullshark
07-24-2007, 16:02
Coors Light usually but sometimes I go for Guiness or Captain Morgan

Venio
07-24-2007, 16:10
I love Paddy, my favorite Irish. Also I can consume tremendous amounts of Rusty Nails and Jager Bombs.

WaterRat
07-24-2007, 16:38
Mixed drink I do Vodka and sprite with a lime. Cold beer, I like Shiner Bock, Fat Tire or similar.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Ron</DIV>

Rascal1933
07-24-2007, 17:03
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Tequila it is a fine and complex liquor smileys/smiley11.gif

Queen
07-24-2007, 17:21
Scotch - Single Malts (neat)

Beer - Stouts and some Ales (Beamish/Boddingtons/Sam Smith)

Wine - Red (hooked on Shiraz these days)

tc_rain
07-24-2007, 17:34
Appleton Estates Rum (Jamaican)

TAH 73
07-24-2007, 18:27
Corona on the beach,
<DIV>Crown and Coke on the couch,</DIV>
<DIV>Jagermeister and RedBull at the bar.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

frankc420
07-24-2007, 18:46
Water

Rascal1933
07-24-2007, 18:55
Frank?
<DIV>Is that Mississippi Water? smileys/smiley32.gif</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

frankc420
07-24-2007, 18:58
Frank?
<div>Is that Mississippi Water? smileys/smiley32.gif</div>

Bad experience w/ 151. No more liquor for me.

JahJahwarrior
07-24-2007, 18:59
Underage. Water. :(

frankc420
07-24-2007, 19:06
Frank?
<div>Is that Mississippi Water? smileys/smiley32.gif</div>

Bad experience w/ 151. No more liquor for me.

<div></div>
<div>Rehab is for quitters!</div>

You puke blood then come talk to me! smileys/smiley11.gif

I can eat habanero peppers but I can't drink 151.. sad.

fire diver
07-24-2007, 19:44
I like rum (capt morgans) and coke, texas tea, shinerbock, and black and tans.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>FD</DIV>

ertechsg
07-24-2007, 20:04
Crown &amp; sprite. Frank I understand couldn't drink or even smell Tequila for almost 10yrs. Hell they only thing I don't like is scotch

ScubaToys Larry
07-24-2007, 20:09
My Dad always told me if I can tell the difference between good scotch and bad scotch, I'm drinking too much scotch.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>But I always told the guys in my band to drink scotch not vodka. That way people know you're drunk and don't think you're just stupid.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>But I'll take a Corona... Lime - No salt.</DIV>

Queen
07-24-2007, 20:20
Crown &amp; sprite. Frank I understand couldn't drink or even smell Tequila for almost 10yrs. Hell they only thing I don't like is scotch
Single malt scotch is nectar of the gods. smileys/smiley2.gif

Rascal1933
07-24-2007, 20:30
"I always told the guys in my band to drink scotch not vodka.
<DIV>That way people know you're drunk and don't think you're just stupid."</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Hey there Larry...</DIV>
<DIV>The guy's in my band were always Stupid and Not drunk!</DIV>

techgnostic
07-24-2007, 21:00
Rum &amp; Ale.
<DIV>I believe in supporting local breweries...mine is Abita. When I indulge in spirits, it's Black Seal, Myers Dark, Capt., etc., mixed with tropical juices: orange, pineapple, guava, etc. And the occasional wine pairing with dinner (tonight it's Pinot Gris).</DIV>

CompuDude
07-24-2007, 21:49
My Dad always told me if I can tell the difference between good scotch and bad scotch, I'm drinking too much scotch.
<div></div>
<div>But I always told the guys in my band to drink scotch not vodka. That way people know you're drunk and don't think you're just stupid.</div>
<div></div>
<div>But I'll take a Corona... Lime - No salt.</div>
Shame about your dad. Glad you turned out ok, though! ;)

What I drink depends on where I am.

With dinner at home or at a dinner party, I'm partial to a nice pinot noir or perhaps a merlot.

At a bar (different from a pub), my "standard" is a grey goose martini, dirty, extra olives. Ahh.... so smoooth.

At a pub, give me Guinness or give me death. (Although I sneak in the occasional irish car bomb!)

At a party, I like to keep it simple, so I like white russians or captain morgan and coke.

After a hard day of diving in Mexico, nothing hits the spot quite like a nice cold Pacifico Clara.

When hanging out with my buddies, I like to experiment with good dark ales. Arrogant bastard Ale being one of my current faves, as is Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

For a select crowd at home (only for those capable of appreciating it), there's nothing like a good single malt, preferably aged 18 or more years.

I like good liquor. Life's too short for the cheap stuff.

On the other hand... I'm Irish. smileys/smiley17.gif

PlatypusMan
07-24-2007, 23:13
I've developed a taste lately for Mojitos....

...and this is my 50th post!

Whoop-de-schmeer!

94GTStang
07-24-2007, 23:42
I love a good mojito. Got the bug for them last year sometime. I've always loved margaritas and Pina Coladas as well. Course I like Coronas (the Mexican piss water I've heard) but oh well. I just can't drink the stout beers yet, so I'll stick with the pale stuff for now. And I can't forget my crown and coke or crown and seven.

Moxie
07-24-2007, 23:46
My drink is a vodka with cranberry juice, splash of soda and twist of lime. I tip well to who ever brings it to me right the first time.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>My theory is while I'm killing of my liver, I'm helping out my kidneys. </DIV>

picxie
07-25-2007, 03:02
I like malibu with lots - coke, lemondade orpineapple juice being the norm.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>A nice Kahlua and milk is lovely too.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Also Black Russians - vodka, kahlua &amp; coke. Yum!</DIV>

Queen
07-25-2007, 05:48
...My theory is while I'm killing of my liver, I'm helping out my kidneys.

We use the same theory whenever we have cosmos or rum punch "it's mostly juice so it must be good for you". smileys/smiley36.gif

Black-Gorrilla
07-25-2007, 05:54
my party drink (clubs and what not) = Greygoose redbull (or) Black label redbull

my beers of choice- Stella Artois or Warstainer or Brahma

Queen
07-25-2007, 06:15
Just curious...what the heck is Red Bull? Is it a soda or juice or what?

Ajuva
07-25-2007, 06:35
Red Bull is an energy drink, packed with caffeine and basicaly holds you up whilst the vodka is trying to make you fall over.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Now we know what everyone is having whos round is it anyway?</DIV>

TAH 73
07-25-2007, 06:39
Red Bull is an energy drink, packed with caffeine and basicaly holds you up whilst the vodka is trying to make you fall over.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Now we know what everyone is having whos round is it anyway?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Welllllll, it is Larry's party!http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif</DIV>

cummings66
07-25-2007, 07:32
I drink water and soda. My grandmother died of drinking excessively and was a lesson for me. She was drunk day and night, eventually ended up drinking those gallons of Rhine Wine you can get for a couple dollars. I quit drinking right after she died.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I'm obsessive about anything I do, if I enjoy it I enjoy it I'll indulge in it too much. I don't know that I'd be that way with alcohol but I am not about to start drinking again now because I watched how it got it's hand on my grandmother.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I did drink some in my younger days, Whisky straight up and never had but one beer pass my lips. Don't like the taste.</DIV>

Queen
07-25-2007, 08:28
Red Bull is an energy drink, packed with caffeine and basicaly holds you up whilst the vodka is trying to make you fall over...
I understand it's an energy drink but what is the "energy" floating in...carbonated strawberry pop, colored coffee, Hawaiian punch ?

94GTStang
07-25-2007, 08:58
A good drink that people should try is Crystal Lite with Vodka. Pretty good drink if made right. Can't even taste the vodka

Venio
07-25-2007, 09:43
Talking of vodka, check this one out, Ursus Roter (http://www.ivodka.com/ursus-roter.html). I don't think it's imported in the US but if you have a chance to try it, don't hesitate. Even the one that don't like to drink much will find it pleasant.

lucidblue
07-25-2007, 10:14
Beer styles - prefer belgian witbiers, some lagers, a few red ales

Wine - White: gruner veltliner or any dry white wine that isn't oakey. Red: pinot noir, cabernet sauvignon, etc. dry reds.

Mixed: Love margaritas. Prefer tequila drinks to rum drinks. Don't drink too many mixed drinks other than margaritas unless I'm on an island being served frozen drinks pool/beach side.

TAH 73
07-25-2007, 10:31
Red Bull is an energy drink, packed with caffeine and basicaly holds you up whilst the vodka is trying to make you fall over...
I understand it's an energy drink but what is the "energy" floating in...carbonated strawberry pop, colored coffee, Hawaiian punch ?

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Red Bull is well a unique taste, a little "mediciney" but as for appearance it's a little like MtnDew.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Doesn't really tate like anything else.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

94GTStang
07-25-2007, 10:41
I think it tastes like bubble gum when coupled with vodka

CompuDude
07-25-2007, 11:44
I always thought red bull tastes a bit like carbonated children's chewable aspirin -- vaguely orangey and slightly medicinal.

Good drink at the clubs when you're trying to keep up with the 20-somethings. ;)

3rdEye
07-25-2007, 12:49
craft beers....of nearly all styles, especially German and belgian....I'd say I am particularly partial to wheat beers (especially in the summer), and strong belgian ales.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I dabble in wine here and there....</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>and have started to try different single malts scotches, and good anejo tequila</DIV>

DUnder
07-25-2007, 13:06
Beer Coors Light or killians Red
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Mixed Gin &amp; Tonic or Rum &amp; diet Coke</DIV>

CompuDude
07-25-2007, 13:19
craft beers....of nearly all styles, especially German and belgian....I'd say I am particularly partial to wheat beers (especially in the summer), and strong belgian ales.
<div></div>
<div>I dabble in wine here and there....</div>
<div></div>
<div>and have started to try different single malts scotches, and good anejo tequila</div>
Don Julio Anejo. Nectar of the Gods. Cabo Wabo is also excellent. Patron is ... adequate, just barely, IMO. It's popular, but there is much better to be found.

I'll drink a good Blanco or Reposado, but Anejo is where my heart is.

A surprisingly good tequila is the Cuervo Anejo. Normally I won't touch anything by Cuervo without a good head start, and a pile of salt and limes, but their small-run Anejo is a really nice aged tequila with some very complex flavor.

loudgonzo
07-25-2007, 16:02
Negra Modelo....Black Label and water

Ajuva
07-25-2007, 17:04
If you get a chance a really nice drink is the English Harbour Antiguan rum in a brandy snifter.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Warm it in your hand and it's a little like drinking a nice armagnac.</DIV>

Foo2
07-25-2007, 17:05
Amaretto Sour mmmmmmmm
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Foo2</DIV>

ertechsg
07-25-2007, 17:24

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Red Bull is well a unique taste, a little "mediciney" but as for appearance it's a little like MtnDew.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV> white grape juice

Black-Gorrilla
07-25-2007, 19:14

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV> white grape juice
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>white grape juice??? maybe color wise.. but tastes like medicine and sodawater mixed togheter... </DIV>
<DIV>drink one one day...</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>that is right... the goose makes you loose... the bull keeps you on your toes. just dont over do it.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>aways start the night of with the main man PATRON .. couple shots, and let the good times roll.</DIV>

Queen
07-25-2007, 19:16
<div></div>
<div>white grape juice??? maybe color wise.. but tastes like medicine and sodawater mixed togheter... </div>
<div>drink one one day...</div>
<div></div>
<div>that is right... the goose makes you loose... the bull keeps you on your toes. just dont over do it.</div>
<div></div>
<div>aways start the night of with the main man PATRON .. couple shots, and let the good times roll.</div>
I asked the college kids who work for me about it, they all said "well I can't really describe it, it's kinda tangy...and weird, we don't think you'd like it". smileys/smiley36.gif

Bill22
07-25-2007, 19:22
I drank Cuba Libre's for a long time when I lived in Florida. For a while when I was in Bahrain it was Captain Morgans and Red Bull. I got started on Jack and Coke for some reason while I was in Thailand last year. That continued when I came to Japan. I do have the occasional sake or Kirin though if I'm out for dinner http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

3rdEye
07-25-2007, 21:34
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I dabble in wine here and there....</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>and have started to try different single malts scotches, and good anejo tequila</DIV>
Don Julio Anejo. Nectar of the Gods. Cabo Wabo is also excellent. Patron is ... adequate, just barely, IMO. It's popular, but there is much better to be found.

I'll drink a good Blanco or Reposado, but Anejo is where my heart is.

A surprisingly good tequila is the Cuervo Anejo. Normally I won't touch anything by Cuervo without a good head start, and a pile of salt and limes, but their small-run Anejo is a really nice aged tequila with some very complex flavor.

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>cuervo anejo ain't bad....next time i'm in cozumel i'm going to seek out a good deal on a bottle of cuervo reserve....i saw it somewhere for 130 bucks...but wasn't sure if there are fakes or what....</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>right now i have some 1800 anejo, which is good. and a bottle of aha toro that i picked up in Coz. which is excellent IMO</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Patron...meh...they don't even sell it in Mexico</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>the blanco and reposado i usually just use for margaritas, etc.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

Black-Gorrilla
07-25-2007, 23:10
oh man... i drove from california to mexico once with some friends (Tijuana) for some dirty fun... and had a shot of some crazy mexican tequila that put a hole in my stomach... wow, its hard to describe it... it was HARSH.. but slightly tastefull, and STRONG AS HELL... never again.

94GTStang
07-26-2007, 00:00
oh man... i drove from california to mexico once with some friends (Tijuana) for some dirty fun... and had a shot of some crazy mexican tequila that put a hole in my stomach... wow, its hard to describe it... it was HARSH.. but slightly tastefull, and STRONG AS HELL... never again.

No donkey shows though right? smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

CompuDude
07-26-2007, 03:52

I'm guessing Mezcal. Gotta love charcoal filtered flavor!

*shudder*

3rdEye
07-26-2007, 08:26
i've got a bottle of Mezcal sitting at home too....lol
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif</DIV>

Texas Girl
07-26-2007, 08:38
At the swim up bar last week: lots of Pina Coladas and Cuba Libres
Wine in the evening or at dinner: Merlot, Chardonnay, Shiraz
Beer: Guinness or something dark
After a dive: any beer that is cold will do

Black-Gorrilla
07-26-2007, 09:27

No donkey shows though right? smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

NO
but there was a guy that was like "you guys wanna see the donkey show?"
i was like.. just keep walking.. then someone in my group said "whats a donkey show"
that guy bothered us for like 20 minutes.

Disneymom
07-26-2007, 11:40
Ooooh! My kind of thread!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I favor a 'Turtle Krawl' - </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Key Lime Juice, Grendadine with White Rum, Malibu, and a splash ofMeyer's dark. Frou-frou, I know - but3 and you are krawling.</DIV>

thesmoothdome
07-26-2007, 13:34
I'm a beer man. I'm partial to ales, but enjoy nearly every style of ale out there. I brew my own on occassion and would prefer to keep my own on tap full time, but time constraints don't allow it. My favorite off the shelf beer would be Stone Brewing's Imperial Stout. Good stuff.

Venio
07-26-2007, 23:39

Is that what donkey show is?

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a929/a929_bm.gif

Black-Gorrilla
07-26-2007, 23:45
kind of like that... but the way i was told about it... there needs to be a nude woman somewhere in there

Venio
07-26-2007, 23:54
kind of like that... but the way i was told about it... there needs to be a nude woman somewhere in there

LOL

I was just kidding!

tx.lakerat
07-27-2007, 08:29
I like just about anything... right now I'm on Gin and Tonics

Ajuva
07-27-2007, 10:05
Tanqueray and schweppes tonic though! Ice and Lime.

Queen
07-27-2007, 10:07
I like just about anything... right now I'm on Gin and Tonics

I love G&T's in the summer but they don't like me. :( For some reason I get wicked stomach aches when I drink them?

loudgonzo
07-27-2007, 10:19
Has anyone tried the new Chiladas, I think they are from michelob? Anyhow, I had a free sample at Fox and Hound last week, did not like it at all, now a REAL Michelada made from scratch....gulp gulp gulp...aahhhhh

Ajuva
07-27-2007, 18:11
Do you guys get Pimms?

Brilliant summer tipple with loads of fruit, cucumber and gin.

All the alcohol goes in to the fruit.

Really refreshing but with a kick.

Black-Gorrilla
07-27-2007, 18:13

LOL

I was just kidding!

i know you were, thats shrek and donkey.

i was told about a vodka that is made with grapes?? anyone ever have any? how was it?

TommyB
07-27-2007, 18:52
:hippie:
Right about Now---

I'm due for about 1/2 gallon 25 year old McAllen Single Malt or 18 yr old
Glenlivet--

I'll have Larry send me case!!
:Surrender:

Ajuva
07-27-2007, 18:55
Vodka made with grapes?

Not Grappa?

I believe that is italian for paintstripper by the way.

Black-Gorrilla
07-27-2007, 19:05
it was called Ciroc i believe...

Venio
07-27-2007, 19:34
i was told about a vodka that is made with grapes?? anyone ever have any? how was it?

I have try black currant, lemon, roter and pertsovka vodka. The last one is a crazy drink, it's made with hot peppers:all_coholic:. I can't think of any other type of vodka.

Venio
07-27-2007, 19:39
Grappa is delish!:drankere:

Black-Gorrilla
07-27-2007, 19:48
there is also a blavod, it is a black vodka, extremely good flavor to it. dont know what makes it black.

Ajuva
07-28-2007, 15:36
As long as it isn't your Squid ink from the other thread eh!

thesmoothdome
07-28-2007, 15:43

I have try black currant, lemon, roter and pertsovka vodka. The last one is a crazy drink, it's made with hot peppers:all_coholic:. I can't think of any other type of vodka.

Found a brand of vodka called Hot Monkey the other day. Jalepeno infused vodka. Bleh!

Vercingetorix
07-29-2007, 07:42
Orange juice.

If that's not available, Guinness.

creggur
07-29-2007, 14:41
Bourbon, been on a Makers Mark kick lately, but also like a little Knob Creek every now and again..

Other than that the occasional glass of red wine, preferably Cabernet. Never been a big beer drinker, gotta really be in the mood, and when I am I usually just drink Heinekin..

ScubaCrash
07-30-2007, 10:24
Any good single malt scotch, on the rocks. Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Laphroig and higher end Macallan all do nicely for me. Also like screwdrivers made with Grey Goose.

DirtyWaterIL
07-30-2007, 17:56
Water

cutter77
07-31-2007, 00:34
Strong iced tea all year around; and hot cocoa with a bit of coffee and a lot of whipped cream.

Joew
07-31-2007, 01:55
Beer. Preferably cold.

scuba Widow
08-29-2007, 23:11
Long Island Ice Tea or a Colorado Bulldog(which is a White Russian with a splash of coke)

Capt Hook
08-29-2007, 23:30
For me it's bourbon!

Jaymeany
08-29-2007, 23:42
Summer: Pyrat Rum
Winter: Jameson's Whiskey
And if you want to get lit
Everclear and gatorade
(soak some fruit in everclear then add it to the mix)

Xspect
08-29-2007, 23:58
Aqua of course

brandon
08-30-2007, 00:31
Tequila drinks are good... I brought home a bottle of Don Julio Anejo from mexico and a bottle of Damiena to make margaritas with.

Stupid cat knocked the Damiena off the shelf the other day, at least she spared the tequila.

-B.

scuba Widow
08-30-2007, 00:44
I also love strawberry daiquiris.

rubberduck
08-30-2007, 06:37
On hot days I like Parrot Bay Rum and Pineapple juice.

scarlet&gray nut
08-30-2007, 07:41
Jack Daniels and 7 UP

Aussie
08-30-2007, 07:58
I love the Famous Australian Bundaberg rum and sometimes Mt Gay rum.

Beer.....anything cold on a hot day

greyzen
08-30-2007, 08:34
Bourbon is my weakness... if it says Makers Mark there is a good chance I'll be found at the bottom :)

Though Mount Gay rum is a very close second, tasty beverage Ajuva :D

If I'm feeling 'sweet' I'll head over to the Mount Gay and limes... or maybe some vodka + pomigrante juice or sprite

willardj
08-30-2007, 08:42
Captain Morgan w/OJ
Crown w/Sprite
Jose w/nothing-Straight up

dallasdivergirl
08-30-2007, 09:40
Hoegarrden with lemon, Ketel One with a splash of cranberry and a nice slice of lime, good sipping tequila, bloody mary's with some bite to them, hand-made margaritas, Llano chenin blanc, Buffalo Bill's Orange Blossom Cream ale, yeah....the list could go on...depends on the night, the mood and definately the company kept.

chinacat46
08-30-2007, 09:42
Depends on my mood but Jack Daniels on the rocks usually works for me.

Travelnsj
08-30-2007, 09:54
Good Champagne like a White Star or a great white wine.

scubasamurai
08-30-2007, 13:16
depends what island i am on, usually rum and cokes, but i like screw drivers to cool me down or some fluffy island drink with an umbrella in it.

No Misses
08-30-2007, 13:44
I usually drink Bud Select. But my liquor cabinet has Glenmorangie (single malt), Several Seagrams products, Rum, tequila, vodka, etc.

P.S. Drinking makes you smarter. The proof: We all learned in highschool that drinking kills off brain cells. We also learned Darwin's theory about survival of the fittest. So when we drink we kill off the slow/weak brain cells. This has the result of freeing up the rest of the herd/cells to run faster. Thus we become smarter! :smiley20: IMHO YMMV

unclepooty
08-30-2007, 14:12
rum and................well....****m! :smiley20:

ScubaGir1
08-30-2007, 14:30
I usually drink Bud Select. But my liquor cabinet has Glenmorangie (single malt), Several Seagrams products, Rum, tequila, vodka, etc.

P.S. Drinking makes you smarter. The proof: We all learned in highschool that drinking kills off brain cells. We also learned Darwin's theory about survival of the fittest. So when we drink we kill off the slow/weak brain cells. This has the result of freeing up the rest of the herd/cells to run faster. Thus we become smarter! :smiley20: IMHO YMMV

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: Love your thinking :smiley36:

For me, I'd have to say Vodka Collins. My alcohol of choice is vodka, then rum. Although, when I'm on vacation I tend to drink more rum than vodka. :smiley2:
But that's probably because a lot of the sweet drinks on islands are made with rum :)

Travelnsj
08-30-2007, 14:41
Sometimes when I am in the Tropics....like a good Bombay Blue sapphire and tonic!

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-30-2007, 14:44
Appleton Estates Rum (Jamaican)

I agree but I also like 3 Genraciones Suaza, and Blue Sapphire. Not real big on beers but enjoy a Red Stripe, San Miguel, Pacifico (all not imported but in their countries of origin)

Liv7301
08-30-2007, 18:36
Not really a beer drinker and I tend to lean more to mixed drinks.

I like the cream based kinds...white russians, mudslides, slippery nipples, etc. I am also a big sours fan, specifically with amaretto and melon.

And when I need "results" quickly, a Long Island Iced Tea.

Charlotte Smith
08-30-2007, 18:45
Bud Light...Tequila and Lemonade.....Crown and Coke(or just Crown)..and Corona with Lime and Salt......

DevilDiver
08-30-2007, 19:01
Vodka and 7up - House
Vodka and R/B or Beer - Out

Geeeezzz..... Some of these responces are way to complicated.

Chocoholic
10-04-2007, 23:06
On our most recent trip it was either mango pina coladas or bloody mary's depending on how I felt. Happy hour is an excellent invention.
Rats, just noticed that this is an old thread.

kingfish
10-05-2007, 05:14
Wild Turkey rare breed.:smiley32:
yyuuummmmyyyy!

Jas.

chuckm
10-05-2007, 06:27
Gin and Tonic with twist of lime and orange - perfect summer evening drink by the pool

mulefeathers
10-05-2007, 06:35
Rum, Bourbon, Beer, whatever you are buying. Except Vodka

Defman
10-05-2007, 07:49
I think I'm allergic to hops, so no beer for me. Southern Comfort & 7-up or margarita's mostly. Occasionally sip a little high quality Tequila, Espolon Anejo being my current favorite.

Defman
10-05-2007, 07:53

Agreed, the Family Reserve is also pretty good stuff but you can do better at that price.

Netsloth
10-05-2007, 08:08
Guinness.

If my wife is feeling fruity, Malibu Coconut Rum and Pineapple juice with a tiny umbrella.

caroln
10-05-2007, 08:10
I'm a vodka girl. Vodka and soda is my favorite, but only with good vodka. If I'm on vacation, I'll usually switch to margaritas.

jimmysdevoted
10-05-2007, 08:39
My poision is Folgers smooth coffee and Coffemate creamer.
I got hooked on this stuff in the hospital when I was DXd diabetic.It used to be southern sweet tea.
Now I cant go a dayw ithout it or I think myhead will explode.

Kokomo
10-05-2007, 08:58
I'm easy...nothing fancy....A Red Stripe beer, glass of Zinfandel, rum and coke, Marguarita.... or anything that makes me feel like I'm on an island somewhere and not landlocked in a cold place.

WV Diver
10-05-2007, 09:37
Dark beers (imports), Rum, Takillya, Wild Turkey 101 sometimes, Kaluha, and a sip of B&B now and then.

Charles R
10-05-2007, 09:42
Pyrat Rum, or Tommy Bahama Rum did I mention RUM:smiley20:

ScubaJ
10-05-2007, 10:41
Dark beers, XX, or Crown & Coke.

BobbyWombat
10-05-2007, 12:19
Myer's Dark Rum and Coke. Nothing better.

Vegas
10-05-2007, 12:40
So many years ago it was an amaretto sour, or wine with dinner.

I liked mickey's too, especially at the river.
Out in the evening I liked Black Velvet with cherry 7-up (we called it a Pink Velvet).

Somewhere along the way it became tequila & orange juice :smiley29:
...hmmmm.....seems like sometime after that I forgot about the orange juice.:smiley11:

Did I mention that I quit drinking several years ago? LOL! I imagine it's obvious why! No more booze for me! :smiley20:

dnishio
10-05-2007, 12:58
Full Bodied Red Wine
-or-
Aged Scotch

BuzzF117
10-05-2007, 15:43
im a light weight its strictly Diet Coke if I want something with a little kick I go with a Diet Mt Dew Code Red

jwdizney
10-05-2007, 16:08
very Dirty martini's

Here's a refreshing alternative to the traditional 'fruity' drinks:

Absolut kurant vodka and 7-up w/ a lime......

Julie
10-05-2007, 17:43
For me it's an ice cold beer or vodka mixed with.... well, pretty much anything!

BuzzGA
10-05-2007, 23:44
Depends on my mood and time of day...could be a cold beer, usually something dark or a nice single malt like Talisker

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
10-05-2007, 23:58
Blue Sapphire and Tonic, Beam and Coke, Three Generaciones Sauza, Appleton for liquor.

Red Stripe, San Miguel, Pacifico, Shappiro, XX, Budweiser, Michelob, SingTao, Fosters for brew.

chace_nicole
10-07-2007, 16:32
Usually a XX Amber...or a Captain & Sprite w/a lime!!
Going to Coz in Dec & can't pass up the Banana Daq:smiley20:

datamunk
10-07-2007, 16:36
double shots of 1800! or patron whichever

RoadRacer1978
10-07-2007, 18:20
Ice cold beer. I'm pretty easy. Don't care much for anything harder.

tremtech
10-08-2007, 20:05
Grey Goose & cranberry or Pussers rum and tropical punch or
Grey Goose and Red Bull or Padron shots or Don Julio margaritas with a shot VSOP or my after dive Coors