PDA

View Full Version : Diving in Africa

francois
12-19-2007, 06:22
Hi all
I could not see any dive spots listed around the African continent. Being South African myself we usually dive of the coast of Mozambique. With spots like Pota d' Ouro, Ponta Malogane and Ponta Mamoli all with it's own diversity of sea-life and reefs varying in depth from 16-42meters. Water temp is usually in the +20C and visibility ranges from +30meters depending on prevailing winds and currents. Further North along the African East coast we have the island of Zanzibar, further East Madagascar and Mauritius and North again the Seychelles and Maldivian Archipelago. Of the East coast of Kwa-zulu Natal you can dive with sharks of the Aliwal shoul or visit the wrecks that are lying in the same vicinity.The best thing about it all is we have at least 300days of blue skies, moderate temperatures, friendly people and it is dirt cheap! If you consider an exchange rate of $1.00=R 7.00 then this is definately a consideration.:smiley20:

scubaculture
12-19-2007, 07:53
Oh yes diving in SA is amazing.

Sodwana is awesome, Aliwal Shoal is incredible and Protea Banks even more so.

Then you have the kelp forests in the Cape. Divers in SA are really spoilt for choice!

MSilvia
12-19-2007, 08:58
I've done some great dives off the coast of Kenya too.

scubaculture
12-19-2007, 08:59
Oh yes, Zanzibar has some awesome diving.

And we can't forget about the Red Sea either!