PDA

View Full Version : Funjet Dallas to Cozumel cancelled?

torrey
07-24-2007, 16:35
I had heard some time ago that Funjet had cancelled all of their fall & winter trips from Dallas to Cozumel. From what I've read, Funjet was the only charter that made trips to Cozumel from DFW during that season. I know there was some petitioning to keep those routes open. Does anybody know if these flights are still cancelled, or if there's any alternative from Dallas to Cozumel during the fall & winter months?

TxHockeyGuy
07-24-2007, 16:50
Fly into Cancun and take the ferry. It's a pain, but I did find it was sometimes cheaper when I ran it through the air price checker services to go that route anyway. I'm poor so all about saving money on such trips.

94GTStang
07-24-2007, 23:48
check out worryfreevacations.com. I always saw FunJet to be a little on the pricey side...

torrey
07-25-2007, 12:57
worryfreevacations doesn't have anything after August as far as direct flight from Dallas to Cozumel.

Fideaux
07-27-2007, 08:54
The charter flights stop in August for about 4 months.

Bruce

cutter77
07-31-2007, 00:42
[QUOTE=Fideaux;10383]The charter flights stop in August for about 4 months."

ParrotheadDiver
07-31-2007, 06:14
Yeah...there are various stories flying (no pun intended) around....but it appears as of now there will not be any charter flights out of DFW or any other Tx airport for the fall and winter.....I have heard rumors that possibly some other charter may pick it up....but what other charter co is there???

I did find a direct flt on AA out of DFW for around 500.00 not cheap but it is a way to get there non stop....they also have pkgs hotel and A/F for around 691.00 probably plus taxes....for 7 nights at Casa Mexicana....just an example which IMO is the way to go but at least there are options.

http://www.bookit.com/

CarolinaGirl
07-31-2007, 18:43
I spoke with Ryan Air, they said they were book with Funjet until the end of October- don't really know what is going on. Surely if enough of us call they will do something. We have been several times this year and the flights were always full. doesn't make any sense does it!

torrey
08-03-2007, 13:39
Last night at a scuba club meeting, I found out that Funjet's hiatus runs all the way until May. This was coming from a travel agent, so I would think if anybody is in the know, it would be her. Fall/Winter I can kinda understand, but cancel Spring too?

torrey
08-03-2007, 13:44
I spoke with Ryan Air, they said they were book with Funjet until the end of October- don't really know what is going on. Surely if enough of us call they will do something. We have been several times this year and the flights were always full. doesn't make any sense does it!

Well Spring & Summer, I would think the demand is always there whether for diving or not. Apparently there's just not enough demand in Fall & Winter. Hurricane season doesn't end until November anyway, so you would think that's a prime time to vacation...especially when the alternative is cold weather.

jawfish
08-04-2007, 08:52
Hmmmmm.... American Airlines out of Love Field or DFW.... let's start writing those letters to the Pres of AA!!!

bks
09-08-2007, 17:46
We were on the fun jet site the other day and it looked like they were booking Cozumel, but using AA as there airfare provider. It was not as cheap as the charters, but cheaper than what I could get from AA

TRACI
09-13-2007, 09:32
I booked a trip out of Houston on Continental that is pretty reasonable,air and hotel for 6 nights for two people, 980.00.